PDA

View Full Version : pointless posts

toadbex
04-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Concentric - Category Manager & Moderator
Please don't post pointlessly, your can't just post a load of smilies

I was told off for posting smilies... I posted three smilies on a post that is just going on and on, and to be honest the smilies said exactly what I wanted to say!
How about instead of putting your time to "telling people off" for posting smilies... how about stopping all the pointless sonicmouse threads which I am sure are alot more pointless and a waste or forum space than a couple of smilies...
Sorry for the moan, but I do not see any problem with posting a smiley, if it says what I want it to say... I could have just typed shut up, but thats less space than my smilies took, therefor would have been more pointless... oh and I suggest you read your post a little better before posting, and check your grammar.
:eusa_clap

thread closed by sierk

Lincognito
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Moral of this story ..don't tell a Habbo staff member off especially a FEMALE... :eusa_naug :eusa_snoo :eusa_hand

Mr.Kylee
04-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Yes, you made your point..but the moderators..we are just doing our job.And one of the thing is warn if somebody is pointless posting, he cant know if you are or you arent so take 2 mins of your time and type what you mean in unrude way.Isnt that easy then fighting? and it's true not here on any other forums, they dont allow as your comments- smilies its spamming, sorry. Except the fact and get use to it ;) easy as that

Arcanum
04-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Moral of this story ..don't tell a Habbo staff member off especially a FEMALE... :eusa_naug :eusa_snoo :eusa_hand

I'd just like to point out how discriminative that is! Just because you are Habbo Staff, that does not mean we are any more below you on the hierachy of humane fairness, and you are just the same as us members on the Habbox Forum. That is also a se.xist (not a swearword) comment. I'm sorry, but I take offence to your comment, as for toadbex's post, us moderators do our jobs, and that is to warn people for breaking the forum rules, that aren't set by us. Pictures may tell a thousand words, but maybe you should have taken this problem up with Concentric or maybe one of the administrators instead of making it a public debate ;)

Lincognito
04-11-2004, 10:27 AM
I'd just like to point out how discriminative that is! Just because you are Habbo Staff, that does not mean we are any more below you on the hierachy of humane fairness, and you are just the same as us members on the Habbox Forum. That is also a se.xist (not a swearword) comment. I'm sorry, but I take offence to your comment, as for toadbex's post, us moderators do our jobs, and that is to warn people for breaking the forum rules, that aren't set by us. Pictures may tell a thousand words, but maybe you should have taken this problem up with Concentric or maybe one of the administrators instead of making it a public debate ;)

Ever heard of sense of humour..it was a JOKE!!!also ever heard of PMs???

Oh by the way some of the smilies provided for us to use speak a thousand words! One smilie carefully chosen can say more than words sometimes! :eusa_whis

toadbex
04-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Debating is gooooooooooooood :eusa_danc

Arcanum
04-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Debating is gooooooooooooood :eusa_danc

Not between two or three people though. A formal debate consists of 6 people ;) Anyway, quite frankly, I'm over it now, I don't like starting debates on the wrong foot... :p Pictures may tell a thousand words, and a single smilie may tell as sufficently as a sentence, but I think a combination of words and pictures is the best, after all, a sentence may say a thousand words, while a smilie does the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't two heads better than one?

toadbex
04-11-2004, 01:08 PM
maybe you should have taken this problem up with Concentric or maybe one of the administrators instead of making it a public debate ;)

Exactly, if this had been taken up with me privately I would have known your guys feelings on the smiley matter. That is all I am trying to get at, instead of posting on someones post, how about a PM? just to ask poiltely not to do it... then if the person persists, post on their topic... its a matter of manners really. I know moderators of forums have a hard job, but a nice polite warning first is so much better than publically telling them off... do you not think?
I posted this subject so that people can post their views... healthy debate doesnt hurt anyone really as long as it is kept polite and to the point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't two heads better than one

Lol I resist the urge to say thats why I put three smilies
:eusa_danc

I didn't mean to get at anyone, it is me getting at how things are done in general really, so my apologies if it offended :eusa_ange

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!