PDA

View Full Version : Free Forums

akaPenguin
28-11-2004, 02:49 AM
If you would like an Invision/phpBB/yaBB forum hosted, reply to this topic and I'll host you up. Two rules:

1. Use the forum, don't let it sit there.
2. Keep my account admin.

I will help you install mods / skins. No advertisements or popups.

If you want a blog, reply to this thread and I'll hook you up. No ads/popups, and you can choose between services. :)

EDIT: Here is a list of blogs/forums pending activation:
coldersite - invision forum - Activated! (http://livcorp.hostultra.com/habborama)
jamie4k - forum - Activated! (http://livcorp.hostultra.com/habbia)
frontslide - blog - Pending Activation... (I need to know which kind of blog, space name, and the admin username/pword you want.)
lava:. - phpbb forum - Pending Activation... (I need to know the space name, and name that you want.)

Anti-Pod
28-11-2004, 10:12 AM
yes i would liek one :D

jamie5k
28-11-2004, 10:21 AM
yes i would like one 2

dont need one now

G-flow
28-11-2004, 10:23 AM
A blog would be sweet! but i have not got a clue about hosting or anything like that. i'm a complete n00b!

Anti-Pod
28-11-2004, 10:41 AM
i would liek a Invision and you can stay admin all da time its for my site which is gonan be open soon

www.habborama.com - not open yet tho

Homesrfan
28-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Hey Kyle :)
You really getting into the spirit of this. :D

Homosexual
28-11-2004, 05:21 PM
PhpBB forum please

Thanx! :D

akaPenguin
28-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone,

All of you who wanted one, please private message me, or email me at [email protected]. My MSN is the same as my email address.

Email/PM/MSN me with your space name* and what you want it to be called.** Even if I'm not at the computer, my MSN is always on, and my status will be away. Message me anyway and I'll see it when I get back.

*It will be http://livcorp.hostultra.com/yourspacename. Doesn't really matter if you want to forward it, which you will probably want.

**Doesn't really matter either, you can always change it.

Hopefully you read this today, so I can get them up as soon as possible (will take me about 2 minutes o.o)

jamie5k
01-12-2004, 10:17 PM
kool i have sent u a pm (get this thread to the top lol :P)

Concentric
01-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Kyle could i ask how you host the username databases, do you sort that and if so how, or is it done for you with this site you're using?

McForesT
02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Kyle could i ask how you host the username databases, do you sort that and if so how, or is it done for you with this site you're using?

The usernames are in the the MySQL database :)

akaPenguin
02-12-2004, 01:02 AM

I just click add database whenever I'm making one manually. When I want to host a blog/board, I just click a button and it does it automatically. Contact me at [email protected] on MSN to ask me more directly. :P

McForesT
02-12-2004, 01:07 AM
I just click add database whenever I'm making one manually. When I want to host a blog/board, I just click a button and it does it automatically. Contact me at [email protected] on MSN to ask me more directly. :P

Think u missundestood the question.He asked how u hosted the member database, and that is in the MySQL database :)

akaPenguin
02-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Ohh, yeah. I don't have to do anything except set up the forum and it does all that automatically. Are you trying to make your own forum software?

McForesT
02-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Make my own forum software ? Like vBB and those things ?

akaPenguin
03-12-2004, 08:36 PM
That's what I mean, yeah, but the question was directed towards Concentric. :)

Concentric
04-12-2004, 02:13 PM
well i was interested to see how difficult it was to set up a forum, i take it that its more complex in some places than others, your's is obviously more simple.

Homesrfan
04-12-2004, 02:38 PM
well i was interested to see how difficult it was to set up a forum, i take it that its more complex in some places than others, your's is obviously more simple.
If you have cPanel on your website, its not hard at all just a few clicks and you got it.

If your trying to manually install it, try a google search.

Concentric
04-12-2004, 03:13 PM
whats a cPanel?

GommeInc
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Um, it is easy to make a forum, www.invisionfree.com is the best free forum hosting, it has way more features than vBulletin, and they dont need your help because it gives you a tutorial and tells you what to do.

akaPenguin
05-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Concentric, cPanel is a universal site control panel that you get with mostly paid hosting.

miss-t
05-12-2004, 04:23 AM
how u make a forum?

Concentric
05-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry about this, i probly seem really dumb ( :rolleyes: )
So you download an installer from a company that makes forums, like phpBB, and you put that in your ftp and then install it?

Graphics
05-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Could you please host me a blog i would really appriciate his just contact me other the foums PM me if you need to know what type of blog i want etc and stuff like that thanks a lot

akaPenguin
05-12-2004, 06:42 PM
NO NEW CLIENTS ACCEPTED FOR A WEEK!

It won't work for a week. Sorry anyone who wants a forum that's pending. Nothing new will be activated until I post otherwise.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!