PDA

View Full Version : Is they ne point making a fansite

Jase
28-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Many of us have or want to make a fansite for habbo and wants it to be very famous for me i don't see the point.They are many reasons but the main 1 is ppl will look at it once advertised and then will go back to habbox or impetuous and do stuff on there. another thing is how do you get this famous u will probeerly put it on habbox and hope they will look at it well they do but then don't care bout it they just think it is a cheap free webs site tell me what u think

yes - there iz a point
no - nah
don't know

Homesrfan
28-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I think its just fun to make websites and fansites ... I think thats why most people to do it. :)

smurf-you
29-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Well most people do it because they want a website like habbox ect that is very popular but it's hard to maintain a website and keep it up and running and never down

1. Prices; People like if the website is a domain it seems more expert
2. Keeping it updated; If you don't keep it updated people will get bored and leave
3. You might need a server to keep up with the more of pictures you are adding or a decent host
4. You'll need staff to help you with ideas and run the website and keep it clean and tidy
5. People enjoy Forums Chatrooms (If controlled) And games

Hope that helped and good luck with your website

akaPenguin
29-11-2004, 12:12 PM
You only need to do a few things to get people coming to your site: then just wait a while for it to get famous.

1. You must use a domain (.com/.net), they are better than anything else (freewebs won't cut it).
2. Get a lot of staff, they will all have the site name in their missions advertising it, and again, if your site's content is vast enough, the people they refer it to will refer it to other people.
3. Do something really wrong so people will protest about it. (just kidding ;))

8Freak8
05-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Wow Kyle, you and me would get along well :p

Them 3 points exactely match my 3 points of how to make a site successful (presuming its a good site). Btw, dont tell people that sorta stuff all the time, because then everyone will do it and we'd have to think up a new stragedy :8

I'd like to make an extremely decent website to compete with Impetuous, Habbox and Habbo Yankie, but I dont really have enough money. Also, just because I know how to make it popular doesnt mean I can be bothered.

One day I'll probably make a fansite, but not yet. :)

Mentor
05-12-2004, 07:03 PM
You cant acatly make a very popular habboi fan site. becuse a fansite for habbo is targeting a VERY limited audiance. As habbo itself barly scarpes in as a popular site, iove sen fan siet sof otherthinsg that get more hist than habbo does a month every day.
My Site has no real focus allowing me to move from gener to genear slowly buling up a support basis. my main hope is to make a web design resorse and psoibly make sites for companys etc. athogh thers is a lot of comition in this aria.

8Freak8
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
I would class Habbo as a popular site internationally. And by popular fansite, we mean popular within the Habbo fansite genre.

In my eyes, ten thousand hits a day (site hits, not page hits as cPanel shows) would be good popularity for a fansite, but I dont think any fansite gets that many atm :s

Mentor
05-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Habbo is not realy that bigger thing, i eman even go to rune scape, they have about 40 tiems the amount of user as habbo on simtuniusly, and evn there not that huge. habbo itslef only targets a small audiace.

tularis
06-12-2004, 11:31 AM
There is a point making a fansite but because there are so many, only a few succeed. You'll needs lots of advertising, a unique design and if possible, up to date news.

Jase
22-12-2004, 08:13 PM
You only need to do a few things to get people coming to your site: then just wait a while for it to get famous.

1. You must use a domain (.com/.net), they are better than anything else (freewebs won't cut it).
2. Get a lot of staff, they will all have the site name in their missions advertising it, and again, if your site's content is vast enough, the people they refer it to will refer it to other people.
3. Do something really wrong so people will protest about it. (just kidding ;))

y can't u do something really bad tht ppl will like u for?

-JT-
22-12-2004, 08:30 PM
this tread in ancient!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!