PDA

View Full Version : help with radio setup and cutenews

Rix
01-12-2004, 09:06 AM
i ned help with cutenews and to setup a radio if you can help me plz reply

Fling-Da-Sling
01-12-2004, 12:36 PM
if u got ftp downlod cutenews from www.cutephp.com once done upload the file to ftp

when that is compelte CHMOD Them all to 777 only the files in Data and the file Data:)

and the radio i do not know about that download the stuff from www.shoutcast.com
:s
my radio won't work :s

tompetrou
01-12-2004, 12:42 PM
lol u want the cutenews which i use (simplke ) from whoisonline or the official version?

tularis
01-12-2004, 08:49 PM
For an online radio, I recommend the Shoutcast DSP Plugin.

To be a DJ:

- Download Winamp 2 (v3 doesn't work)
- Goto Shoutcast.com
- Download the DSP Plugin
- Once installed, configure it. Add details including the server address, authentication and bitrate. Read the manuals carefully on bitrates.
- Start Streaming
- To listen to a stream, lookup the server IP in the config for the DSP plugin. Head over to http://serverip/listen.pls. Note: You need winamp to listen.

To be a Server:

- Goto Shoutcast.com
- Download the Server Application
- Once installed, configue stats such as admin details etc
- Run Application

Rix
01-12-2004, 09:37 PM
lol u want the cutenews which i use (simplke ) from whoisonline or the official version? i have it setup upo it just goes to a add news page and it doesn't go on the news page only staff can see it and i have all the plugins for the radio its just stuffed

tompetrou
01-12-2004, 10:00 PM
lol no no no

go to 'get code' and paste it on the page where u show the news... then options and enter the exact page the news is on...
well done!!!!
lol soz bout ignorance but its simple and im tired lol

Rix
03-12-2004, 07:03 AM
ok cool thank you

McForesT
03-12-2004, 10:03 AM
For an online radio, I recommend the Shoutcast DSP Plugin.

To be a DJ:

- Download Winamp 2 (v3 doesn't work)
- Goto Shoutcast.com
- Download the DSP Plugin
- Once installed, configure it. Add details including the server address, authentication and bitrate. Read the manuals carefully on bitrates.
- Start Streaming
- To listen to a stream, lookup the server IP in the config for the DSP plugin. Head over to http://serverip/listen.pls. Note: You need winamp to listen.

To be a Server:

- Goto Shoutcast.com
- Download the Server Application
- Once installed, configue stats such as admin details etc
- Run Application

To be a server u should have atleast a 1 mbit upload before u host a server

tularis
03-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, you need a decent amount of upload bandwidth and even then, you could only stream to probably 25 people. Maybe only be a server if you own a dedicated server :P

x-a-x
05-12-2004, 03:50 AM
My server cannot be found on the internet for my radio. It says that I need to disable internet sharing, a firewall, or NAT ? I can't figure it out. Anyone help me?

8Freak8
05-12-2004, 06:13 PM
With this whole radio business, say you have a 100gb hosting package, and you have 25Gb unused at the end of each month, how many listeners could you get out of 20Gb?

Concentric
05-12-2004, 06:29 PM
With this whole radio business, say you have a 100gb hosting package, and you have 25Gb unused at the end of each month, how many listeners could you get out of 20Gb?
lots :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!