PDA

View Full Version : Ok... How About This Then?

TooClose$
03-12-2004, 10:44 PM
The Abortion Poll Was Very Succesfull, Ty!

how about this?

Is it right to kill?

Is it right to kill?

No i hear you say? what would you do if you were sitting in iraq right now, and a soldier came up to you, and was 3 seconds away from shooting you point blank? Stand there and do nothing?

Think about it for a second.
The World Is Such A Complicated Place! :eusa_thin

Moved by Butcher11 to new debate forum :)

TooClose$
03-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Hard To Think About.. Isnt it?

Concentric
03-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Well i think thats a very broad question and you need to specify what kind of killing you're interested in, do you mean animals or other humans for a start?

Mendonky
04-12-2004, 12:01 AM
well if u unprovokingly just go and kill someone, thats 100% wrong, and u can be arrested for, but if you are attacked, and lets day you use to much force , and the other person was killed, its still wrong, but was accidental in self defence, but the fact is that you have taken another persins life, so this realy is an open-ended question

Ryo976
04-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Yea and we could get in abortion again about how "killing" a unborn baby is wrong. Personally i think its right in the right situation but anyway please specify

Ciaran
04-12-2004, 11:21 AM
i belive self defence is totally right because in england if a robber is about to shoot you, your not allowed to cause any damage to that person at all because its classed as assult if they havent hurt you first, a man about 2 years ago shot a man who was about to kill his wife during the night and the man who defended his family was sent to jail for 5 years and the robber still walks the streets today... now think about that? english laws are terrible

Concentric
04-12-2004, 12:55 PM
yes your absolutely right, that is rediculous

Mentor
04-12-2004, 01:40 PM
I personally do not believe in absolute morality. There are always times where anything is right. Killing for no reason, is wrong, but then its not always, for a normal person it may be, but a mental patient, hasn’t really committed a crime, thy may not know what they’ve done, its not there fault. another reason is in self defence, killing someone may be the only option, and in its a situation where ether you or someone else will die, i would choose to kill rather than be killed in most situations, this it’s a if the person was the aggressor though, in a situation where maybe you can died to save someone else depending on the person, I would be willing in some situations for it to go the other way. Plus in the morality of say assassinations, is it right to kill someone say to stop a war, 1 person instead of 1000s, even though that person may have not even done anything wrong yet. or may even wasn’t intending to, it just a mistake.
its a hard subjects, but i don’t believe killing can be wrong all the time, just a very large % of it, as although there are situations where it IS necessary, most situations would not require anywhere near as extreme actions

Although in a war situation, killing seems to be have deed right, as say gunning down 100's of enemy solder’s, what real moral defence is that from shooting someone in self defence, except that in war situation it is not a crime but in normal situation it is.
Also it should be remembered it’s the same for the enemy solder’s as its is for ours, one peoples freedom fighters are another peoples terrorists, its is truly a matter of what side your on.

Also I do NOT agree with the death penalty, if a person has been caught, they should not be killed for a pervious crime, even in the circumstance of cereal killer or mass rapist. Life in prison would be a far worse punishment, than allowing them to die and be free, as what would you prefer, being in a small cell for the rest of your life, or death, I think personally death would be the preferable option.
I
ts a topic for thought I must agree.

Dansk
04-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Yup. It's right to kill your classmate.

Pulchritudinous
04-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Theres to many situations to look at in this question, and I don't have the time...

Mentor
05-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Ixjust put in a geanrilsed view covering a few psoibl situtions, athogh being more persifci woudl make it eaqsyer to aruge 1 way or the other.

Ciaran
05-12-2004, 07:10 PM
If they are a mental paitent they have even more chance of causing harm to you and not even know what they are doing

SSC7
08-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Depends what you're talking about. The Iraq situation of course I would Shoot him.
Self defense = Right, but its still taking a humans life
Just doing it = WRONG
Accidentally = Bad, and must be terribe fo rthe perosn who did it

GommeInc
08-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I wish I could vote but I cant, it is normally always wrong, that person has the right to live and no one can take it away from them without an explantation, although, thats not a good way to handle it either.

Mentor
09-12-2004, 05:24 PM
But if its a deffencie sitution tehre trying to kill you, and killing them would be the only way to stop them? woudl u just let yourslef be killed?

Ciaran
09-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Thats exactly my point.... i dunno what id do... killing for fu is wrong i dont even like animal killing for no reason like rabbits and fox hunting

Lord Zero
09-12-2004, 06:00 PM
As all the others have stated, you need to specify in which situation is it right or wrong to kill.

Otherwise we could be here for awhile..

xJoeYx
09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
mmmm... that is a very broad question, if you are refering to the war going on in Iraq think of it as utilitarianism. Although many lives have been lost, and a majority of which innocent, ultimately in the long run everyone is better off and more lives have been saved.

Pulchritudinous
09-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I think thats wrong, if there was no violence, no-one would have to defend themselves...
Violence doesn't solve anything..
I know I sound like a hippy but its true...

xJoeYx
09-12-2004, 09:46 PM
If only it was that easy aimee.. unfortunetly no1 is perfect and its definetly not a perfect world. Sometimes violence is the only way in some situations.

Pulchritudinous
09-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I know this, of course I do, I know the world isn't perfect, but we are tlkin about killin here...
And my opinion was no I don't agree with violence.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 06:34 PM
But not vilces soudns right in theary, but if not every single perosn agreeing to it it would not function. if someone attacks you, what are u supose to do, just stand there and get beeten to death? vilence is the only way to defend form other vilece

Ciaran
10-12-2004, 06:39 PM
hmmz if violance could be solved in some way like arm wrestling or something stupid like that id be much happier lol...

Lord Zero
10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Violence is a part of Human Nature. That's it, there isn't much else to it.

Vampire
10-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm not going to vote yes, because it depends on the situation, I'm not going to vote no for the same reason.

It's not right to just go around killing people for no reason, but if it was your only defence method, then perhaps you should.

If you were indeed in Iraq, and you had a gun pointing at you, you could shoot them in the legs or something, causing them to fall, so you could take the gun and get away. Wallah! No need for killing.

Then again, what about capital punishment? I agree with that in some ways, and disagree in others. I mean, two wrongs don't make a right, yes?

As I said to start with, it totally depends on the situation.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 07:29 PM
in irak u shhot them in the leg, take there gun, slowly bleed to death, wow thay muct have prefed taht slow painful death much more than a quick painless one. or if u jsut shoot em in the leg, the pul a hund giun kill you. u see amny situtions, soldures are just doing there job, they deserve repect for that. its not there falt for wars they just fight them.
athogh i agree its somtiem right somtimes worng, athogh mostly wronmg

Marvelo
11-12-2004, 04:19 AM
Say they killed someone you loved.. Would you have any remorse for killing them to get back at them? Also, I dont think the death penelty is bad. I think its actually kind of good. It gives families a sense of satisfaction to know that the person they loved payed for their wrong doing.

Vampire
11-12-2004, 04:23 AM
in irak u shhot them in the leg, take there gun, slowly bleed to death, wow thay muct have prefed taht slow painful death much more than a quick painless one. or if u jsut shoot em in the leg, the pul a hund giun kill you. u see amny situtions, soldures are just doing there job, they deserve repect for that. its not there falt for wars they just fight them.
athogh i agree its somtiem right somtimes worng, athogh mostly wronmg

They wouldn't necasarily bleed to death, there are medics in Iraq believe it or not.

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 08:58 AM
The question i find hard to ask myself... is what would i do if my family were killed... i think id go on some rampage and destroy the person who did it but others dont belive in this..? if anyone doesnt feel the same could you explain why? lol it confuses me

Sketti
11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
it depends really. if someone pulled out a gun at you, youd obviously try some self defense and if that ends up killing him so be it. but if you just go out and kill someone for the sake of it thats wrong. that would make you sadistic

Mentor
11-12-2004, 10:46 AM
with tehy death penlty, if u make a msitake u kill an inceent person, it noty liek with a preson sentence where u can let them go. belive it or not the legal syetsm are far from perfect. vampire if u cair to read on its only oen siturtion out of 2 possibltys i mentioned i know theer are medics in irack, but they dont tend to be in the middle of fire fights or dangeros arias.

Butcher11
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Vampire, if you shoot them in the legs, it's still likely they'll get off the shot that could kill you

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 02:47 PM
I would hate to be shot, it would be remarkably pricey to have it taken out of you, I am not sure if it would hurt because normally something doing that much damage hurts so much it goes numb.

*.Glitter.Rip.*
11-12-2004, 02:59 PM
I believe that It is right to kill in defence or if an intruder is lurking inside your house. War times yes but All the rest is a no no.

Max
11-12-2004, 03:13 PM
In 1996, Handguns murdered
2 people in New Zealand
13 in Australia
15 in Japan
30 in Great Britain
106 in Canada
213 in Germany
And 9,390 in the United States

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

For more facts check this site (http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/factsheets/)

daisy-loves
11-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Love My Avartar? :p :D :8 :rolleyes:

Mentor
11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
ive never understood how teh giovemnt of america get teh idea letting people have guns will ower the amount of shootings :/. athogh candida has legilsed guns and they have oen of teh lower ones (at last in comparion with teh usa)

Ciaran
11-12-2004, 04:46 PM
ROFLMAO max now thats funny... shows that english no guns works eh?

GommeInc
11-12-2004, 10:01 PM
In religious cares, death is a huge push closer to God and people will be happy that they have gone to heaven or any other amazing place better than Earth.

Jin
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
I have voted yes on it is right to kill someone. But only under a certain circumstances if the life of that person would involve the killing of others whether they are innocent or guilty or some crime then there is a right of killing the person who poses a risk, However if you were to murder another human being with no justified cause such as self defence then that is wrong and thank fully against the law. I agree the british laws can be stupid there was a case a few years ago where a robber broke into a mans house, the man came downstairs the robber picked up some broken glass to stab the house owner which the robber broke in order to gain entry to the house. In the attempts of trying to stab the house owner the robber deeply cut his hand from the broken glass and the owner restrained the man and phoned the police upon the police arrival they wanted to arrest the house owner for assaulting the robber and restraining him.

miss-t
12-12-2004, 12:57 AM
depends who your killing for what reson if u wanted to kill somone coz u hated them then no but if they were gonna kill u then yes it saves your life dont it!

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 01:18 PM
I think killing if you hated someone was a bit to OTT (Over The Top), if you hated someone why not imagine killing them and if that is not enough, kick em in the shins really hard, always works a treat :D

Pulchritudinous
12-12-2004, 02:21 PM
In 1996, Handguns murdered
2 people in New Zealand
13 in Australia
15 in Japan
30 in Great Britain
106 in Canada
213 in Germany
And 9,390 in the United States

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

For more facts check this site (http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/factsheets/)
When I went 2 LA on holiday, there was like 6 shootings just in 7 days.

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
LOL, see what I mean by low Law.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!