PDA

View Full Version : omg help

[Chris]
27-01-2006, 08:24 PM
ok my teacher asked the class to find a purple animal and i was thinkin easy
i wend home and searched and searched and i found 1 thing an that was a purple sea urchin i took it in and he sed wrong so i went back and today i came in with a sunfish (nope) then a purple gecko(nope) then i went well is it barny(the purple talking dinosaur) and he laughed and sed . . no!!! grrrrrrrr

so i asked him at lunch wot type it was and he sed mammal and all i can find is
edited can any1 help plz and it has to be real plz :)

JT-Fan
27-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Cant help you there mate :( Not sure myself!

Infrontation
27-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Purple Mammal.. Not a clue :) I thought Barney at first then you said you asked him that.. A emu ? :d

JT-Fan
27-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I thought Barney as well!

DJCollins
27-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Purple frog delights scientists
Many other species in grave danger

It has to be one of the strangest looking frogs ever discovered.

http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/&/&/bbc7/purple_frog.jpe (http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/&/&/bbc7/purple_frog.jpe)"The chubby, seven-centimetre-long, purple amphibian with a pointy snout was found hopping around in the Western Ghats, a range of hills in India."
The chubby, seven-centimetre-long, purple amphibian with a pointy snout was found hopping around in the Western Ghats, a range of hills in western India.

Scientists have given it the name Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis, from the Sanskrit word for nose (nasika); batrachus, meaning frog; and Sahyadri, the name for its mountain home.

Its head appears too small for its body and it looks more like a squat, grumpy blob than a living creature.

But to the scientists who describe it in the journal Nature, the frog is a beautiful find because of what it tells them about Earth history.

"It is an important discovery because it tells us something about the early evolution of advanced frogs that we would not know otherwise because there are no fossil records from this lineage," says Franky Bossuyt, of Free University of Brussels, Belgium.

GoldenMerc
28-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Purple frog delights scientists
Many other species in grave danger

It has to be one of the strangest looking frogs ever discovered.

http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/&/&/bbc7/purple_frog.jpe (http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/&/&/bbc7/purple_frog.jpe)"The chubby, seven-centimetre-long, purple amphibian with a pointy snout was found hopping around in the Western Ghats, a range of hills in India."
The chubby, seven-centimetre-long, purple amphibian with a pointy snout was found hopping around in the Western Ghats, a range of hills in western India.

Scientists have given it the name Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis, from the Sanskrit word for nose (nasika); batrachus, meaning frog; and Sahyadri, the name for its mountain home.

Its head appears too small for its body and it looks more like a squat, grumpy blob than a living creature.

But to the scientists who describe it in the journal Nature, the frog is a beautiful find because of what it tells them about Earth history.

"It is an important discovery because it tells us something about the early evolution of advanced frogs that we would not know otherwise because there are no fossil records from this lineage," says Franky Bossuyt, of Free University of Brussels, Belgium.

cough*scammer*cough

Edit by Rupsie [Forum Mod]: Please stay on topic and not spam.

Infrontation
28-01-2006, 10:21 AM
cough*scammer*cough
You should keep on topic ;) It could be a purple frog

DJCollins
31-01-2006, 06:21 PM
cough*scammer*cough

Edit by Rupsie [Forum Mod]: Please stay on topic and not spam.

1. Please don't remind me how much of a pathetic little boy i was back then.

2. I wasen't a scammer i was a hacker. Please don't remember me like that :(

i've turned over a new leaf.

Hence my spelling and gramma has changed

Kindest regards Louis, Collins

Rachz
31-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Erm... Is it just me or is a frog an amphibian, erm... Mammals are hairy... and i think to myself ... Maybe a Russian Blue cat? hmm, no idea sorry

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!