PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many small forums offer a VIP feture

Mentor
10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
neraly all forum i link to from habbox, have tryed to copy a VIP feture, wich i cnat see the point is,
1 alot of the host there on wont vene allow any exstra fetures to be given at all.
2. if ist a small forum with 1 or 2 members no one is going to pay mony to becoem a vip member? making money of a thing like Vip membership on a forum only works on an alredy BIG forum and one thats ueing proper softawre and not a free host, as afra as i can tell :/

Vampire
10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
They offer it to get money, simple as.

A site doesn't run itself, I thought you of all people would know that. :rolleyes:

Mentor
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
i run a site. so i know, but there not going to make money by offering a servis no one would wnat.
plus when the forum is on a FREE host, it has no need to make money.

Vampire
10-12-2004, 08:59 PM
i run a site. so i know, but there not going to make money by offering a servis no one would wnat.
plus when the forum is on a FREE host, it has no need to make money.

Of course it has need to make money, the owners greed makes sure of that.
And sort your typing out :eusa_snoo

Mentor
10-12-2004, 09:01 PM
not every forum owner is greedy you know, most owners only seek to make evn on a forum they pay for, as they can keep it running, and i think alot of the vip things come from copying habbox's forum to much

Jseb
10-12-2004, 10:10 PM
neraly all forum i link to from habbox, have tryed to copy a VIP feture, wich i cnat see the point is,

1 alot of the host there on wont vene allow any exstra fetures to be given at all.

2. if ist a small forum with 1 or 2 members no one is going to pay mony to becoem a vip member? making money of a thing like Vip membership on a forum only works on an alredy BIG forum and one thats ueing proper softawre and not a free host, as afra as i can tell :/

Hmm well VIP i believe havent been copy by habbox its was there before! And was use by some site before however the site that correspond to number 1. well they only want money or some sort of it and i believe they shouldnt. And forum that correspond to 2. well i personnaly believe that they just want to be sure that some one would by it some time to get money. Rolf no chance except if they get a higher level and a lots of attraction! And to respond to ur title i personnaly believe that its to help the site and to be sure that they stay alive!

Mentor
10-12-2004, 10:23 PM
im mainly refering to the small forums, as i know the idea has been aroudn for a while and does work, i just cant see why so many smaller forums seem to have them when in some cases tehre not actaly offering an bonus's. as well as being of a size where getting memebsr is teh main priorty, not getting paying ones.
seconly when a forum is being hosted free it doenst realy require monmey to stay alive.
habbox does this isnted of putting ads on the site, wich i think is good, they get dontions buy gieving a good insentive, aka vip.

Jseb
10-12-2004, 10:32 PM
im mainly refering to the small forums, as i know the idea has been aroudn for a while and does work, i just cant see why so many smaller forums seem to have them when in some cases tehre not actaly offering an bonus's. as well as being of a size where getting memebsr is teh main priorty, not getting paying ones.
seconly when a forum is being hosted free it doenst realy require monmey to stay alive.
habbox does this isnted of putting ads on the site, wich i think is good, they get dontions buy gieving a good insentive, aka vip.

Hmm yeah well i understand what u mean its just basicly people want to have some money in theire pocket event if they didnt pay ( sorry if its affect few people dont want to be mean) its just they want to have money. money is a priority for them i believe ( might be wrong) or maybe that money could become save and be there for better update of the site like a real url, a real fonction. Who know, life is life! ;)

andrewdale3
10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
no one is copieing habbox, they are just making vip, all VB forums come with the feature! who wouldnt make a membershop like that, the owner can get more money to run the forum and beable to host it, no ones copieing it, just making one cos it comes with the forum, same with invision if you have a shop you can do it too, so they can buy it with forum money.

Mentor
10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
teh siets taht are copying arnt Vbuliten thogh, there free If sites. any habbo forum i link to form here always has VIP. and If forum whateva subejcet i link to form otehr forums, mostly dont seem to have that feture. If you paying for Vbullitn its unlikly u have a small site with 3 or 4 memebres.

jrh2002
10-12-2004, 11:44 PM
GREED the cheek of it :O All the money that we get from VIP goes in to help pay for the radio hosting, the shoutcast hosting the forum hosting and the hosting for habbox and the u.s. habbox.There has been alot of money put into this already and the vip members help but with everything we pay for we dont make any profit and will make sure if there is any spare cash in the future we will put it back into habbox.
Of course it has need to make money, the owners greed makes sure of that.
And sort your typing out :eusa_snoo

Bukker
11-12-2004, 12:41 AM
Mentor short your spellings out there is atleast 10 mistakes in each post you make!!!

Vampire
11-12-2004, 01:06 AM
GREED the cheek of it :O All the money that we get from VIP goes in to help pay for the radio hosting, the shoutcast hosting the forum hosting and the hosting for habbox and the u.s. habbox.There has been alot of money put into this already and the vip members help but with everything we pay for we dont make any profit and will make sure if there is any spare cash in the future we will put it back into habbox.

I didn't mean HABBOX FORUMS, I meant every small forum in general.
If it wasn't there, there wouldn't really be much point in the site, because the site wouldn't be making money, it'd just take time and effort to keep it running.

jamie5k
11-12-2004, 10:30 AM
well habbo forum has vip they arnt copying habbox are they its a feature they can do no one is copying its just your opinion!

Mentor
11-12-2004, 10:43 AM
im talking about small forums, like on IF, if you have a vbullint forum you are paying for it, and therefor need to ither post ads or use the vip syetsm as habbox does. alot of big forusm do it. its a good way to keep a forum running.
my question is why do "small" forums do it? i see alot pf small habbo forums with teh vip feture, many with no reward or even method of payemnt. and some of them are copying habbox as thers a tendecy to have exscatly the same forums/ forum names in exsatly the same order in some. im not saying all.
i just wonder what people with small forusm hope to gain form it. i own a IF free forum? threfor i dont adverstise on it. i just try and nurture the community, until its big enogh to be able to stuin itself on a properly non free forum i plan to get when i can affored it.

andrewdale3
11-12-2004, 07:53 PM
yeah i know what you mean if they are small forums like invision free, they might make you pay because they wana make a hosted site one day or somthing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!