PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

thagame
11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I am trying to build a site and i need some help getting the cutenews on there and also i need some help getting the radio on there can anyone help me or put it on there for me

Slykid
11-12-2004, 11:11 PM
I got the same problem to
I don't understand the CHMOD to 777 part
But i uploaded the thing to my server

Bukker
11-12-2004, 11:30 PM
ok it means in ftp..
on the files it says to be chmod to 777 right click of the files and tick all boxes

i can do it for u?

Yonder
12-12-2004, 12:40 AM
ok it means in ftp..
on the files it says to be chmod to 777 right click of the files and tick all boxes

i can do it for u?

Using an FTP program such as Core FTP (download.com you can get it from, search Core FTP).

You login with the required information, then select all the files need to CHMOD (in the data directory), now right hand click and click properties. Check all the check buttons and click ok.

Do this to all the files under the directory data

Now to get the news on your site you need to:

Add a link to www.yoursite.com/cutenews/show_news.php,

If you have Iframes then you need to: place the Iframe where you want it then it says new page or set initial page , click set initial page and put the url: www.yoursite.com/cutenews/show_news.php.

Or

If you use framesets then you need to: do a similar process as the Iframe.
When you have placed your framesets in position both new page and set initial page, once again click set initial page and type the url www.yoursite.com/cutenews/show_news.php

There. :p

If you use certain free hosts they do not allow you to CHMOD you can carry on with out CHMODing it but you people maybe allowed to access with out your permission.

Thanks.

Rix
17-12-2004, 09:05 PM
i'll set it up for you just pm me with the details

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!