PDA

View Full Version : Do you belive in phycic abiltys

Mentor
12-12-2004, 04:09 PM
I partly do and partly dont.
The part i dont belive in is the abilty to see the furure. as if that were true it would mean thers no such thing as free will.
athogh id do belive it may be psoibly to move thinsg with your mind, as such a small perportion of the human mental; abilty is used, what the rest acn do remians a mysetrey, and the eletromagnic filed genirated by a human in sume cases may be posible to move an obejct.

what do you think and why?

Simonac55
12-12-2004, 04:15 PM
I honestly don't know what to believe, as I don't have many information on that. But I agree saying that future telling is a bit weird because your past cannot change but your future can change anytime you want, on your free will.

lukeisok
12-12-2004, 04:17 PM
I Do, Because I Thoght About Something and My Brother Read My Mind. Creepy.

nvrspk4
12-12-2004, 05:27 PM
I Do, Because I Thoght About Something and My Brother Read My Mind. Creepy.
Well that could be coincidental. Anyway I dont believe in moving things but I believe in seeing the future cos I know this sounds like a lie but when certain things happen Im like, :o dont I know this situation. SO neway thats wot I fink

Mentor
12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
if u belive in seeing the future, then you cannot belive oin free will, as with a set future every action and thing we do is alredy set out?

GommeInc
12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
I think of it as predicting obvious facts or thinking of something that might happen.

Mentor
12-12-2004, 09:31 PM
i dont belive in any form of predicting the future other than educated guessing. as with certain knolage u can predit many things to a highly accret degree with no phycic powers

Concentric
12-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Of course it is possible to predict what will happen in the future but there is no way of proving that it will come true.
And to be honest i don't believe that it is possible to move things with your mind, although just because we don't know about something doesn't mean its definately not true.

Mentor
14-12-2004, 11:21 PM
i ment more as actaly know perdicting acretly. thats anotehr reasoon i canot belkive in the bible, athogh many christinas say tehre religon gives free will. the bible has prophys in it, and for them to happen taht would mean freewill canot exist.
anyway back on topic. i do belive in the possiblty of mind reading thogh, as there is room for this to be a posibly feture to the human phycie

GommeInc
19-12-2004, 05:36 PM
It has been proven that you can predict the future in your sleep. I have I remember dreaming I was off to COlchester and a week later I recognised the same scenario.

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 06:16 PM
I do that quite often, even though I don't beleive in anything like that to be honest, God, spirits etc.

You get this funny feeling like you've been there before.
Dai-ja-vou or howver it is spelt

Jase
19-12-2004, 06:29 PM
i think we all belong in the matrix i got unplugged b4 i got out of bed the real world is scary i can stop things 2day i stopped me falling over plus i predicet that i would have breakfast n it came true bow down to me I AM UR KING

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 06:32 PM
omg thats so weird, you woke up and had breakfast *screams*
So there really is such a thing as psychic abilitys

Jase
19-12-2004, 06:37 PM
omg thats so weird, you woke up and had breakfast *screams*
So there really is such a thing as psychic abilitys
Ye plus i predicted that i had lunch 2 i bet i am the only 1 that has such a rare power

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Jesus dude, your the new mystic meg.
You should tell your story to the newspapers, the whole nation will be in total disbelief

Jase
19-12-2004, 06:47 PM
Jesus dude, your the new mystic meg.
You should tell your story to the newspapers, the whole nation will be in total disbelief
:o :o i could be rich n famous i'll tell u wat if u pay me 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 thrones i'll tell u the 1st thing u will do 2moz

Mentor
19-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Phyic powers, etc i think are just normal things we doint yet understand rather than super natral, or mythical

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 06:49 PM
:o :o i could be rich n famous i'll tell u wat if u pay me 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 thrones i'll tell u the 1st thing u will do 2moz
Don't push your luck

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

Jase
19-12-2004, 06:51 PM
aww come on how bout all the furni on habbo x 999

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

Homesrfan
19-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Sometimes something weird happends.
I will see something and remember that I dreamed it. I donno I could just be imagining it, but I'm pretty sure I dreamed it. It's pretty freaky and I once finished someone's sentence. I was freaked out. ;)
Maybe I should be locked up in a metal cage only let out to be experimented on and tested.

GommeInc
19-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Its all a bit of mysterious happenings sometimes.

Pulchritudinous
19-12-2004, 08:51 PM
yes homersfan, i agree, no not really, that is kinda weird, I think hmmm maybe theres such a fing, then i think nahhhhhh its bull.

Homesrfan
19-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Lol. ;)
I was really freaked out that day though.

GommeInc
19-12-2004, 10:26 PM
I was freaked out with the Isle of Wight, but I was too lazy to get out of bed to see what was the headless thing leaning on the waredrobe.

Mentor
20-12-2004, 02:17 PM
its kind of creepy when u think back to it. athogh no one eva even bothed pointing it out. :/

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Phychic abilities may exist but, they can be unproven, some people probably guess really hard at possible outcomes and see what one makes more sense.

Max
20-12-2004, 04:35 PM
I partly do and partly dont.
The part i dont belive in is the abilty to see the furure. as if that were true it would mean thers no such thing as free will.
athogh id do belive it may be psoibly to move thinsg with your mind, as such a small perportion of the human mental; abilty is used, what the rest acn do remians a mysetrey, and the eletromagnic filed genirated by a human in sume cases may be posible to move an obejct.

what do you think and why?

Dude, wots up with the post, its hard to read, psoibly, thinsg, belive, furure, thers, remians..its like that in all ur post :D

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE DONT BE RUDE TO OTHER MEMBERS
Tsss, just joking, i regret it, cuz he's a very clever and nice guy, i didnt put that :D there for nothing..I am not RUDE and do u have to ruin my post ??, u could just send me a PM..

My friends mum is granded with this gift, she calls it a 'third eye'.
We all have one, most ones are closed but for some its open. they can see ghost and look into the future. Personally i think, along time ago (i mean alooong time ago) everyone had that gift, nobody knew about it, but some figured out (labeled witches ofcourse) i think the gift faded out for most of us but some still have it...My friends mum, can look into the future and see ghost, she meditates and stuff..I believe her cuz im sure she's not lying, i think its creepy but she, i think, is used to it. The looking to the future sounds pretty logic to me, and its not like: 'aah, i see, you will marry a rich man' NO, not like that, you feel things comin, like we all do, but just much more...I think ghost also do excist, she told me everywhere are ghost, and everyone has ghost with them, they protect you (not in a way of beating up those bullies) but help you make the right dessions...those ghost are there with you and i think, those are not the ones they you can summit by doing crazy stuff with ghost and satanism..

The ability of moving thing with ur mind...
Ye I think thats also a gift, i think we all have that, but not everyone controls it and not everyone has as much as some people have, the guys mum can ease your pain with her hands, not exactly heal, but she can like, ease it...I know its true cuz she did it to me too, After an hard rugby match my neck really heart and she hold her hand on it and i could feel her energy going in to it, after that my neck was warm and it had no pain

Amen

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 04:48 PM
I could read it, you must be pretty bad at reading.

Anyways how do you know she isnt guessing and somehow getting it right?

Mentor
20-12-2004, 04:58 PM
The 3rd eye is a real thing. when you close your eyes it is possible to detect when something gets close to you, the sence is buit from infomtion from other sences and 3rd eye is just a term some use to describe it.

ps. your gouse bit seems alot like it was stolen from the books "his dark matrials"

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 06:04 PM
You use your third eye when you are asleep, when i fell out of my bed I could 'feel' in my mind the floor approaching and when you walk around your house with the lights off you know where to go through memory.

Max
20-12-2004, 06:11 PM
That sounds very interesting, and pretty logic too m8, i think some people have a stronger third eye...or something, i think the human body and mind generates all these things..

I could read it, you must be pretty bad at reading.

Anyways how do you know she isnt guessing and somehow getting it right?

Cuz she just isnt..im sure..why would she do that? its not some flipped satanic teenager, she gives lessons in meditating and stuff and shes very wise..she knows alot about that, she just feels those things coming, like we all do, but stronger, we all feel things, she just sences things..
And she sometimes sees ghost walkin down the stairs..pretty creepy :s

Pulchritudinous
20-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Dude, wots up with the post, its hard to read, psoibly, thinsg, belive, furure, thers, remians..its like that in all ur post :D
I think he's dyslexic.

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

Max
20-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I think he's dyslexic.
Or lazy :p Cuz he is very clever, he knows alot of things and makes threads that really get me thinking about things that are going on...i mean why would anyone think of evil and good, everything seems so logical but he gets u thinking about if it really is...he's a great guy and i didnt want to be offensive...but the moderators just randomly edit post without reading them well...weird people :s

Pulchritudinous
20-12-2004, 07:14 PM
No I think he is, I swear I read that on another post somewhere, Mentor, are you?

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

Mentor
20-12-2004, 07:40 PM
That sounds very interesting, and pretty logic too m8, i think some people have a stronger third eye...or something, i think the human body and mind generates all these things..

Cuz she just isnt..im sure..why would she do that? its not some flipped satanic teenager, she gives lessons in meditating and stuff and shes very wise..she knows alot about that, she just feels those things coming, like we all do, but stronger, we all feel things, she just sences things..
And she sometimes sees ghost walkin down the stairs..pretty creepy :s

i see what you mean, if she partise things like mediting it probly would help devope these sort on sences more than the aveerge person.
i somtime belive in goust and somtimes dont, as athogh there alot of logical resons why they cant exist, there are thing to do with them i know of that cant be explained any other way, athogh rather then being a supernatral thing, i think goust and psyicic ablitys do fall down to normal natral occurances athogh i belive much of the scinces to do with them are still above human understanding, but then again there was a time where flying was above human explintion, now its simple phisiscs (i mean as in planes birds, not peaple btw)

ps. yep i am dislexic.

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Yes he is dyslexic, writing and spelling are not important anyway.

As long as you can think, walk, talk you're ok.

Max
20-12-2004, 09:20 PM
i see what you mean, if she partise things like mediting it probly would help devope these sort on sences more than the aveerge person.
i somtime belive in goust and somtimes dont, as athogh there alot of logical resons why they cant exist, there are thing to do with them i know of that cant be explained any other way, athogh rather then being a supernatral thing, i think goust and psyicic ablitys do fall down to normal natral occurances athogh i belive much of the scinces to do with them are still above human understanding, but then again there was a time where flying was above human explintion, now its simple phisiscs (i mean as in planes birds, not peaple btw)

ps. yep i am dislexic.

Ye, shes born with the gift, but it has (i think) grown by practicing and meditating, and ye your right about the flying..maybe someday we will understand and maybe it turns out to be some undiscovered weird lifeform that has lived here since the beginning of the earth but isnt visable to the human eye..unless you practise your eyes so they are good enough to say such lifeforms, i guess we will never know..

ps. ok, sorry if i might offended u with my a previous post ;)

ps. ps. the thing about a weird lifeform isnt a fact, it just came into my mind while typing..

Tell us ur thoughts ppl

Formality
20-12-2004, 09:22 PM
I have seen ALOT of television programs on this topic, All the ways people can cheat pretending they are phycic or have some form of phycic abilities. I think i'm sitting on the fence with this debate.

Ciaran
20-12-2004, 09:36 PM
This is just another sign of hoping... if some1 is told they are talkin to their dead child that brings great hope to that person...

Max
20-12-2004, 09:44 PM
This is just another sign of hoping... if some1 is told they are talkin to their dead child that brings great hope to that person...
If u mean the stuff with mediums and talking to ghost, like Char does.
The guys mum can do that too.
But wot we r talkin about is the gift to see ghost, psyhic stuff..etc.
I dont think thats a sign of hoping..
I think believing in a god is a sign of hoping too..but thats sumtin else, thats a good subject if we are done with this subject (we will never be :p its unexplainable)

Ciaran
20-12-2004, 09:49 PM
If u mean the stuff with mediums and talking to ghost, like Char does.
The guys mum can do that too.
But wot we r talkin about is the gift to see ghost, psyhic stuff..etc.
I dont think thats a sign of hoping..
I think believing in a god is a sign of hoping too..but thats sumtin else, thats a good subject if we are done with this subject (we will never be :p its unexplainable)
Yes thats why its a debate to try and explain the unexplainable... :P an opinions can be powerfull too, ghosts bring hope to some... people like the thought of dying and coming back as a ghost, some find it terrifying,,, it depends on the person

GommeInc
21-12-2004, 02:54 PM
I find it fascinating how they can read your mind and predict the future, weezy boards (what ever they are spelt) are strange but apparently the woman/man reaching out to the dead is moving it.

Pulchritudinous
21-12-2004, 03:01 PM
The Quigi Board, thats weird isn't it, my friend told me her mum did it once and the glass threw itself against the wall and smashed.

I don't know whether to believe any of that stuff.
I remember watching a film about this before too, and they captured a bad spirit, who burnt to death every person that played it...strange.

Ciaran
21-12-2004, 05:07 PM
My sisters friend's mom did it and wont even talk about it.. she was so scared she had to have counciling

GommeInc
21-12-2004, 05:50 PM
It is very very very strange.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:09 AM
i think a qugy board is mor elikly to be oen own subconsios rather than a spirt, athogh i have littel knlage about qugy boared s and there supposed workings, so my idea coudl ealsy be incoreect

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Its actually a Ouija board. -- Pronounced (Wee-Jee)

And I believe spirits are moving it.

However I believe these spirits to be demons.

You can use a Ouija board to talk to someone dead.
I believe that a demon is replying with the information to trick them and draw them into the board.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:27 AM
what actaly is a demond supposed to be? ive never acatly got that :/

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:37 AM
From a Christian point of view (mine), a demon is one of the fallen angels that followed the Devil from heaven to hell. (1/3 of them did) Basically, a follower of the devil.

Mentor
30-12-2004, 02:49 AM
teh idea of hell and the devale was only broght in as a control method. to make shore the peopel obayed the laws etc. Christanty / judism was teh first to have a consept of hell, it funny thats even religson tend to copy ideas of each other, and then foght over tiny disputes.. well at least used to.
The fallen angles, and lusifer ideas thogh are gods creaton, so it is god that creared evil, and igf god is all powerful, then it is him who lets evil survie. so on thats idea you could blame any horric acts on god?.

Anyway ive goien way of topic.
Sintifly speking, it likly to be your subconsiod you are talking to, as it seem simpalr to otehr emthods used to find out what yo usuconsy wnat of think. athogh the subconsis can easly been seen as vilent and evil, as it is not controled or modiracted by your conoisos self.

Corey777
30-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Your not actually talking. A Ouija board has letters and a device moves on each one to spell out words. You could blame acts on God. But the bible does say that in the end times, God will sned the Devil away for thousands of years until released again.

See, God even forgives the Devil ;)

Mentor
30-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Technily speaking jesus was the one who forgave, from the old tesimnt, gods actaly more of the vengefiul type

Corey777
30-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Yes, but to Christians, Jesus IS God. Jesus is a human form of God.
The 3 in one.

God te Father.
God the Son.
God the Holy Spirit.

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Rubbish thats what i think

Mined
I believe that people are born with gifts
Sporting
Brainy and more
But no one is born with psychic abilities

Mined
Nonsense utter nonsense

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!