PDA

View Full Version : Pound or Euro Should the uk switch

Mentor
20-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Pound or Euro Should the uk switch. what do you think.

my personal opinion is that we shoudl keep the pound, my main reson for this veiw is that by swiching to teh euro a still rsonably unstabe curnacy it could be bad for are echnimy, and alos make it harded for a contry to maintion sustamble graouth, as if we swiched to teh euro we would be stuck with the euros worth wich could have major reproccsuions on are own echnimy. also i prefer the pound as a matter of princble, its one of the things that makes englaned england, so i think we shoudl keep it. What does anyone else think?

Sketti
20-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Keep it. Why go through all the trouble of changing currencies? And anyways we've already changed currency before and from what my mum and dad tell me that took a hell of a doing.

Corey777
20-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Im not taking a side, because I dont know anything on this subkect, but, what are the reasons that WOULD want England to switch to the Euro? And, is there talk in this in England?

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 03:38 PM
We should stay with the Pound,

It is a traditional currency.
It is way more valuable than the Euro.
It is way more valuable than the Dollar ($1 = 60p)
It is easy to buy stuff with Pounds, Euros are pointlessy hard to get used to.

And as Mentor says, it will be bad for our Economy as England has the best Economey in Europe and USA as we word harder and longer hours. If we change to Euro this will make us worse than Europe and USA.

Max
20-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Ur all silly, so wot, i was used to the gulden (dutch) but i got used to it too, the euro is worth more then the dollar too, u can pay in whole europe, without changing ur money and getting used to euro..
But since ur english people find it hard to believe they are part of europe too (cuz you british think your all great, thats why u drive on the left side, still have the pound etc. etc. i can name so much things) u should keep ur pounds ;)

Btw, i think u should take the euro, the economy wont effect u would it, its all about ur money

And another btw, when i was on my rugby tour i spend so much 'pounds' on beer and rugby shirts...i thought it was pretty cheap, but they warned me: England is bobba-ing expensive :o

Amen

Concentric
20-12-2004, 04:14 PM
But since ur english people find it hard to believe they are part of europe too (cuz you british think your all great, thats why u drive on the left side, still have the pound etc. etc. i can name so much things) u should keep ur pounds ;)
*cough* ignorant :eusa_snoo

Why should we be part of a super Euro state, allowing decisions affecting our country be made my foreign leaders just because we're part of the EU? Lets keep at least one thing about our country before it all goes down the European drain.

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 04:52 PM
We only drive on the left hand side because thats been like it since Roman Times.
The Pound is worth way more than the Euro.
We are NOT appart of Europe, we were but after the ice age we got seperated, thats why we are called The United Kingdom. We also have a monarchy which is traditional to Britain.
And yes it would affect our economy, we will be poor as the Euro is useless.

Mentor
20-12-2004, 04:54 PM
How does it effect are econimy.
1. the rates have to be done opver teh whole of erope, say if one contry is usffering inflation, tehy cannot chnage teh rates to compenset. ends up in many contrys ecnimy going down hill.
all usieng the erope means all contrys involved have to fit in with the rates most needed rather than have the optimum rates for them.

GommeInc
20-12-2004, 04:57 PM
And, having the euro ruins a countries individuality.

Adam$
17-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I hope we stay with pounds. I've just got used to working the till at the pet shop I work at on saturdays. also switching to euros will mean that every shop around the country will have to change every single price. Also you get more to the pound than the euro.

HolyWar
17-08-2005, 11:27 PM
We should stay with the Pound,

It is a traditional currency.
It is way more valuable than the Euro.
It is way more valuable than the Dollar ($1 = 60p)
It is easy to buy stuff with Pounds, Euros are pointlessy hard to get used to.

And as Mentor says, it will be bad for our Economy as England has the best Economey in Europe and USA as we word harder and longer hours. If we change to Euro this will make us worse than Europe and USA.

I don't normally disagree with many things you write but in this instance I must. I do agree that it's a better idea to refrain from switching to the Euro for several reasons and there are too many to list. I used to live in Europe and the weekly hours that the average North American spend in the workplace are much higher than that of a European citizen. The cost of renting real estate and the cost of living in the UK is also substantially higher than in the U.S and Canada. I don't know how its possible to say that in the UK people are working harder than in other parts of the world.

:Hazel
17-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I'd say keep the pound, switching would just cause so much confusion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!