PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Rate

Catchetat
23-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Erm Im doing this coursework and I need more ideas.

Why is recovery rate higher in a fit person than an unfit person?

Here's some of my answers.

Someone who has carried out an exercise program to improve their fitness are more likely to have a lower breathing rate because the surface area of the lungs are usually larger in people who do exercise than those that don't. This allows MORE oxygen to diffuse into the blood, thus, thus, breathing rate will be smaller.
Cardiac muscles are more likely to pump more blood in a fit person than an unfit person. This would mean the more capacity of the blood is carried along, meaning lower pulse rate. Therefore, more oxygen is carried, meaning smaller chance that the person will get muscle pains because sufficient oxyen is being provided to remove lactic acid.
There will be an increase in the capacity of the blood (higher stroke volume) to carry oxygen that is then delivered to the working muscles. So there needs to be a slower pulse rate when exercising to deliver the same amount of oxygen.
The working capacity of the heart increases (greater amount of blood pumped out per beat) which should be reflected by a lower heart rate (pulse). The heart works more efficiently.

what else is there to add?

Josh-H
01-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Please state what year/level this is for and I could help ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!