PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Roller Coaster Type Thing...

Crab-himself
17-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Ok this must be the most dangerous ride going, its supposed to be for teenagers and kids, jesus christ ive never been as close to hells door in my entire life. I know dramatic but if i wasnt holiding on tight i wud of died.

Ok what it is , are horses on a track and the trak goes pretty fast round and round and up and down. But the track is suspended realli high iver concrete/grass patches. This would be great but unfortunately the curves are realli tight. The 5th time i went on it on this paticular trip to blackpool, i wasnt holding on very tight n i waved to my mum (i was about 9) n the corner turned and my foot slipped from the tiny platform under the horse n i basiclly flipped over and was hanging over the edge, high over some concrete, but before the end of the ride i managed to haul myself back up, onto the horse. DAMN tht was scary i wudnt go on another rollercoaster for a year. I hate horses. Especially mechanical ones :( lol

Has anyone else been on this ride? thanks.

Sarah.
17-04-2006, 11:46 PM
THE STEEPLECHASE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I love that ride! Me and my brother always race each other on it. :P But it is a dangerous ride. Next time you go when you're in the queue before you go down the stairs look to your right so you're looking at the end. There is a bit sectioned off, with a bin or something there. That is because there used to be a 4th track, which was blue. Because it was at the end, the turns were very sharp in places and many people fell off the horse on that track and died, so in the end they realised it wasn't safe and removed it. Have a look next time you go, even part of the floor is new because the track used to be there. Anyhow I love that ride ;)

JackBuddy
18-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I've heard bad things about that ride!

Crab-himself
18-04-2006, 09:06 PM
thank you i thought you was gonna say 'how dramatic' and 'whoos' but u gotta agree its realli dangerous for a kids ride.

n night i didnt hear tht ! thanks next tym im there ill look ...

Jordan3
18-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Sounds quite frantic. I love rollercoasters, but dislike anything really where you're not 'safe' as such.

EDIT: I got some pics of it - http://www.rcdb.com/ig795.htm

Sammeth.
18-04-2006, 09:25 PM
people fell off the horse on that track and died, so in the end they realised it wasn't safe and removed it. Have a look next time you go, even part of the floor is new because the track used to be there. Anyhow I love that ride ;)

This sounds really evil, but ive just got a thought now of people going on the Blue track, and every time you look down the stairs thereis a just a big heap of bodies. "Yeah, Mr.Manager, we should really do something about that" "Just stick a bin over them"

NintendoFreak
18-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I went on it a week today Lol last week I went on it its very dangerous but I suppose people worry to much the big dipper at blackpool once did NOT and theres a roller coaster there self titled with no bars just the edges of the seat have safety bars for ages....But I went on europes fastest highest roller coaster at blackpool pleasure beach THE BIG ONE (PEPSI MAX) 215FT 85.4 MPH

Crab-himself
18-04-2006, 09:49 PM
the big one? I HATE THT RIDE (neva been on it)
lmao the body idea made me laugh loads lol

the big dipper was quite good
has anyone been on the gand national?
i went on it for the first tym last year n i hurt ma back propa bad when it ricketed lol

also has anyone been in the haunted house just outside the gates? OMGZ THT IS SO SCARY LOL. Freddy chases you lmao

Sarah.
18-04-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't mind the big one, but after the big drop its kinda boring, except for the ride photo part ;) The big dipper is good, but I usually go with my big brother and hes 6ft 4, so because the bar thing goes across both of us it ends up way above my knees, and everytime it goes down a hill I go flying up in my seat :P The grand national is good, it's the oldest rollercoaster in the park and I think it's the second oldest ride in the park.

James!
18-04-2006, 11:37 PM
You're not even strapped on..

Sammeth.
19-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Has that reopened? Cus they said it might not reopen for the 2006 season because of when it was set on fire in 2004. Theyve revamped it now :( I hope its still as good. I LOVE Bling. Thats ride is so sexy. It makes me sick ;D

NintendoFreak
19-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Lmao I didnt dare go on bling but me and my brother have this thing were jhis mates who are 17-21 go to themeparks every 2 months and imk tagging along and the second thempark after drayton manor im going back to pleasure beach. Yea the grand national was closed and having some paint work BUT in the guides it ses ALL NEW COASTER SEATS for the grand national now they wouldnt print that unless it WAS opening

Sarah.
19-04-2006, 08:01 PM
The Grand National was repaired after the 2004 fire and it reopened early last year, I went to BPB last June and it was open so I went on it. :P

And Sammeth, I'm a fellow Bling lover :D It's one of my favourite rides, but nothing beats Valhalla! Especially when you get stuck under the waterfall in your boat. :D :D :D

Kelleh
19-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I just came back from BlackPool yesterday, that themepark thing ma jig is great! I loved it, I went on most of the things, I didnt know they were that scary ;l

Sarah.
19-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't call any of the rides scary :P

Kelleh
19-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't call any of the rides scary :P

Im scared of anything ;l Im a wimp.

Crab-himself
19-04-2006, 10:47 PM
i wouldnt call the rides scary, just ermmmm enjoyable? you feelscared before going on them but when you get on them its great.

But ill ask again, has anyone been in the haunted house just outside the gates?

Sarah.
20-04-2006, 11:45 PM
What haunted house? :s

:Soph-pls
21-04-2006, 05:32 PM
your on about steeplechase.. please tell me you don't think its scary pmsl

Ashley 12344
21-04-2006, 06:53 PM
i wouldnt call the rides scary, just ermmmm enjoyable? you feelscared before going on them but when you get on them its great.

But ill ask again, has anyone been in the haunted house just outside the gates?

The one with the TV cameras of people screaming? I was going to but its too expensive.

That laughing clown at BPB used to scare me, when i was like 6 or 7.

Sarah.
22-04-2006, 12:55 AM
your on about steeplechase

He can read *points at earlier posts* :rolleyes:

Crab-himself
23-04-2006, 02:09 PM
lmao tht clown is freakeh it never stops laughin...
WTH IS IT LAFIN AT?

anywho yeh it the one with the tv cameras ....ya shud of gone in it was well good!!!
But at the end you get chased by this dude with a chansaw n you open the door and it leads you into a resturaunt so you come out screaming and everyone gives you funny looks lol

Clo
05-06-2006, 02:10 AM
lmao tht clown is freakeh it never stops laughin...
WTH IS IT LAFIN AT?

anywho yeh it the one with the tv cameras ....ya shud of gone in it was well good!!!
But at the end you get chased by this dude with a chansaw n you open the door and it leads you into a resturaunt so you come out screaming and everyone gives you funny looks lol

Haha the clown in the glass cabinet at the start of the park? It's well shocking that, the laugh is haunting. He's probably laughing at everyone's faces, then again, who is he to talk? Lmao. Anyone ever been on Noah's ark there? ;o Omg it's changed since about 2 years ago, it used to be safe. Now it's got dark steel slippy hills and my little brother nearly killed himself by slipping down them. :o T'was bad. And as for steeplechase, it's unsafe. I see corners in the distance and dread the next 5 seconds or so, because I know the corners are so jolty and unsafe. :o Pretty bad.

Edit: sorry i didn't realise how old this thread was.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!