PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

-Soro-
01-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Review

Ooooh yes! Like I said, I would rub it in when we walked all over you at the Riverside, the most possession, the most shots, the most goals - An utterly outplayed Middlesbrough did well to just concede only two goals, as they succumbed to United who are still at their best! Some Middlesbrough fans actually booed their own players at the end of the match, but ah well - All I care about is the 3 points we walked away with.

Scorers:

Darren Fletcher 11
Ryan Giggs 81

Comments:

Good game.

Comments are welcome...

Michael.
01-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Shut Up :@

the most possession, the most shots, the most goals - An utterly outplayed Middlesbrough did well to just concede only two goals
I agree. I hate to say it, but I agree.

as they succumbed to United who are still at their best! Look above you in the table!

Middlesbrough fans actually booed their own players at the end of the match
Nope, got that one wrong, as I was there. We gassed off on the local radio station instead!

Comments
- Linesmen were BLIND! Theres a few decisions there which were a bit dodgy.
- We played like that for a few games on the trot now, and we were punished. If we play like that against Chelsea, we may as well not turn up!
- Training session game to you. You ran us ragged. All credit to you.
- We conceded 2 soft goals.
- Downing deserved a medal for the balls he whipped in. If we had a 'Van Nistelrooy' on our team, we would RUN YOU RAGGED.
- I'm very unhappy with our performance, and we had no 'killer venom' like you had. You passed the ball easily to man to man, and we had to force it through. Well done.

-Soro-
02-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Well thanks for your honesty, but we are at our best at the moment, even with a few injuries. But just because there's teams above us it doesn't mean I can't say we're our best, because we are.

All credit to Middlesbrough, who at their best would have given us a good game and probably grabbed a win or draw - to tell you the truth I was actually fearing Boro, because they usually play so well.

Edit: Btw, about the booing - I was only saying what the TV had told their viewers, and it was confirmed by the radio.. But I believe you anyhow.

Jacko2kn3
02-01-2005, 01:37 PM
No booing at the North Stand.

I admit Man Utd were the better team, but the first thing I need to say to you is:

"12 men! You've only got 12 men! You've only got 12 men! 12 men!" :D

The ref was shocking, some of his decisions were disgraceful. With our full team (Viduka, Boeteng, Riggott, Mendieta back) we could have showed you how it's done, but we didn't. Queudrue was one of our best players yesterday, and he didn't play very good IMHO.

If I wasn't a season ticket holder I wouldn't have paid to go and see it.

You won, you deserved it, but wait until we're back with our full team, then you'll know how its done ;)

-Soro-
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
First team vs first team we'd beat you hands down, no question - If your first team played last night maybe you would have got a result though I agree.

Edit: By the way, show us how what's done? Getting into the Uefa cup? Winning the carling cup? Managing to stay mid table? We win more trophies in a season than your team has done in a hundred years. :p

Seriously though, when United are actually at full strength and are in form they can still compete back with the world's best. Anyway, we'll be focusing on the AC Milan game in the next few weeks.

Nice to see you're passionate about your team though, and you two stick with them through thick and thin like myself.

Jacko2kn3
02-01-2005, 07:29 PM
We win more trophies in a season than your team has done in a hundred years

You won't this season :P

You never mentioned anything about my comment on the ref, aka your 12th man. Do you agree? :P

Also, not saying this just 'cause Man Utd play them, but I said, at the start of the season, that AC Milan would win Champions League, them or Barca.

-Soro-
02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Milan will be tough, aye. But yes I agree the ref's decisions were mainly wrong, leaning our way - but I don't think if it was fair our passing would have been any worse, we just had our rhythm. I reckon we can win the FA cup, maybe the premiership - but it'll take a big Chelsea trip-up, I don't think we'll win carling cup because we play Chelsea next round, who's second team is as good as their first. We won't win the CL either, Barca will.

Edit: Unless Boro have a sensational FA cup run, the only thing they could win is the UEFA cup, and good luck to them.

Mined
02-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Dont like united

Mined
But liverpool rule

Mined
Liverpool are the best
Liverpool are the best
Liverpool are the best
Liverpool are the best

*Editted By ColdShoT - Forum Moderator*
Warning: Do not Triple/Double post, stop spamming!

Robbo
03-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Argh Man U are the best in the league what areeee you smoking? Arsenal and Chelsea are far supreme.
By the way Go Arsenal :P.

-Soro-
03-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Tell me, what was the Arsenal - United score again at old trafford? Hmmm I forgot... 2-0? :rolleyes:

Robbo
04-01-2005, 08:53 AM
hmm who went throught the season undefeated :o not United ;)

-Soro-
04-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Actually you went through the prem undeafeted, not the season - and we beat you in the FA cup anyway. ;)

Robbo
04-01-2005, 03:33 PM
That's what I meant. Have you done it before :p

-Soro-
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Well we certainly ended yours. :)

When you win the treble, then you can say you're as good. When you're first team beats us aswell, I think it's two years since they did now.

G-flow
04-01-2005, 09:57 PM
well done for man utd. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!