PDA

View Full Version : Global warming

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:45 PM
How do you feel about it

Mined
02-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Please vote on the poll

Edited by Concentric (Moderator) - Please don't double post, this is the same for bumping your thread.

Mentor
02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Im not quite shore what the debate topic is?
Global warming is a prove phonanon, wich is caused by gas imitions, Its happening Now.

As its proven teh USA are having to acts and theys implinted teh clever idea in some places as cahrging for how much ags is amited and allowing trade of emmitiosn bewteen companys.

Mined
02-01-2005, 08:39 PM
ok... thanks

danny1541
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
The world would fry up so i dunno.

Concentric
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I think that it will happen in thousands/millions of years. So long that we shouldent be wasting our lives worrying about it, as we will be long dead by the time it happens.
Well the whole idea is that we want to preserve the Earth for as long as possible into the future, just because it might not effect people in our lifetime doesn't mean we shouldn't worry about it.

Azela
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm not to bothered although I will miss the snow.... DON'T LEAVE ME SNOWWWWW... NOOOOOOOOOO SNOWWWWWWWWWW I LOVE YOU :p

Mentor
05-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Global warming wont actaly damage the earth, its will mainly just kill us off.
Becuse as the global warming intecivys it will triger another ice age. (im currnatly to sleep to explain)

we die off, or at leats loose a few 100 or 1000 years, and earth goes on as normal, with life on it constantly evolving

Corey777
05-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Global warming wont actaly damage the earth, its will mainly just kill us off.
Becuse as the global warming intecivys it will triger another ice age. (im currnatly to sleep to explain)

we die off, or at leats loose a few 100 or 1000 years, and earth goes on as normal, with life on it constantly evolving
I think what mentor was referring to was the polar ice caps.

Scientists are NOT 100% that the melting of the polar ice caps is because of global warming, but that is definately a valid theory. Global warming will warm up the Earth. The polar ice caps will then melt and flood the world. The first cities that we would see flodded would be miami, new york, and many other pacific islands.

The flooding would result in freezing. This would meen that temperatures could go so low that we would just freeze up and die.

Global warming may not be the cause because there was an ice age years ago and obviously they did not burn fossil fuels back then ;).

Anyways, I feel that we should all be lowering greenhouse gas emissions. Walk, dont drive :)

ttranquility.
05-02-2005, 01:24 AM
wierrddd :p It gives me the shivers thinking about it.. :neutral:

.mcgovlau.
05-02-2005, 02:45 AM
i think this is a really bad thing, but i have an idea but people think im crazy =[ i thought the scientists could go up in space and bottle samples of the ozone layer and bring it back and "/ theyve cloned sheep before, how is this any different, they can clone ozone layer, go back in space and release it to patch up the huge holes

Corey777
05-02-2005, 03:50 AM
i think this is a really bad thing, but i have an idea but people think im crazy =[ i thought the scientists could go up in space and bottle samples of the ozone layer and bring it back and "/ theyve cloned sheep before, how is this any different, they can clone ozone layer, go back in space and release it to patch up the huge holes
Well , If that was the case, they would already be doing that ;) I suppose there are huge holes too big to fill.

Mentor
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
ozone is i O3 . But its diiffcult to form and immpoible in teh qunitys that would be reqired, its took billions of years to form the first time

Masterman12
11-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I think its nothing to be worrying about because since 1996 there have been no major tempurature increases during the year. The average tempurature has stayed steady and hasnt had much if any change. So I dont think that it should be much of a concern for the time being.

Mentor
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
you know america has been hot by all those tornadoes this year, quite a few more than normal, take a whild stab at what my be the cause :/. even a tiny tempriture change can have massive conisquences.

Dave,
14-02-2005, 11:57 AM
They are so worried about it but you never hear of them funding any scientists to find an alternative energy source.

Mentor
14-02-2005, 01:58 PM
well actaly the govemnt plans to get reneble energy sorses up to 30% production by i think 2010 or somthing, tend to be along those lines.

Athogh teh american admistrtion deniyed it, many otehr contrys accepted it long before it was finaly inrefutably proven, and have already begun cutting emitions and polution.

-JT-
15-02-2005, 01:07 PM
basically we have poluted our world beyonde repair. There is no going back on what we have done because we have created a big hole in the atmousefere and UV rays are getting into our earth and breaking us :)

Sorry to say it guys but were doomed

Mentor
15-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I woulnt worry about global warming killing us all off, were probly more likly to blow ourselfs up before it starts getting realy bad anyway.

-JT-
16-02-2005, 02:30 AM
It already is pretty bad but i doubt that any of us (habbox forum members) will have to suffer hard core pollution which will give people alife expectancy of like 40, lol.

Butcher11
16-02-2005, 04:48 PM
It will never be so that life expectancy will go down that low, I think this will occur to the next generation, so let my kids deal with it, I'll be 6 feet under, and if my corpse gets burned by the pollutants, so be it :D

Ω
16-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I can't be bother reading previous posts... so sue me.

Global warming is happening already incase you didn't know that already (I didn't see that option in the poll).

I wouldn't worry so much about it though. We will be long gone before it has major affects on the inhabitants of planet Earth. No... I think the thing that will kill 'us' off is some form of deadly virus like the SARS virus. It might be man-made. It might be laying dorment in the rainforest or some other jungle just waiting to be unleashed by lumberjacks... either that or we have WWIII to do the job.

I guess it's safe to say WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE whichever way it goes :)

-JT-
16-02-2005, 06:33 PM
i agree with him, lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!