PDA

View Full Version : What came first...?

Jacko2kn3
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
The chicken or the egg?

For you guys who don't know what it means, it means when the world was created (however you believe it was) what came first?
Were chickens created, who laid eggs, had more chickens etc.
or
Did it start with an egg, which a chicken hatched from, which laid and egg etc.

What do you think?

Ciaran
02-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Dont even wanna think about it... lol hurts my brain :P

Anti-Pod
02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
well this will make a figth, as ppl will fight over there belifts liek they alwasy do :@

cand!hex
02-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Probs the egg, life can not start suddenly, it has to grow before it is born. Without the egg there is no chicken. Sciencists believe that particles of animals started to grow, it would of have been going against pyschics too far if they turned into animals straight away. For myself, I don't have many beliefs so I don't really have anything to think of about God(s). (For a personal note my friends call me sciencificial *Which is a madeup word meanin I believe more in science then religuon* "sorry for spelling")

Clo
02-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah i know it's never going to be found out but i think the egg came first i don't know why it just seems more clearer than the chicken being made first :p

Ciaran
02-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Well this is a bit of a kuffuffel!!!
The egg no the deformed chicken that was born from some cross beween a bird and a dog!! and it layed an egg and so it was... the egg!!!!

Jacko2kn3
02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
For the record it doesn't stand for just chickens, but everything in the world.

And for you guys who said The Egg, how did the egg get here? *grin*

MENTAL NUTTER
02-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Well, in my (strange) family, the answer has been passed down:

As the dinosaurs roamed the earth, if the chicken was created, it wouldn't last 5 seconds, but one dino was a releventely close to the chicken.... a good few years later, the dino's where extinct but one dinosour, not known, left one egg. it hatched 7 years later. At that time, there was nothing on the planet except for that one egg, which hatched in to a cross between a dino and a chicken (and a duck but it didn't make much difference) so, it would lay eggs but be dangerous. But much later, something happened, the dino part died, no one knows how, it just did, leaving the chicken. so the answer is the egg, as it hatched the chicken....

G-flow
02-01-2005, 11:51 PM
the egg probably . it was probably planted by sum evil aliean planet as a bomb :S. lol i dunno :D

Mentor
03-01-2005, 12:06 AM
It was the EGG by a long way.

(you didnt say what type of egg)

Anyway seriosly. IT depends on when teh bird it was previosly becomes classed as a chiken, as thers a stage where an aniaml is a chiken, but then somthing esle as well, a sort of pre chiken.
The pre chiken lays an egg thats will evently becoem teh modern day chikens, only a slight chnage but thats what become it finaly. So id say it was the egg anyway.

GommeInc
03-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Obviously the egg, we all come from eggs. Everything living came from eggs, most of them if not.

Mentor
03-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Obviously the egg, we all come from eggs. Everything living came from eggs, most of them if not.
lol. most people dont tend to hatch from eggs, athogh chikens do tend to.
But the argumnt is falwed that if everyting comes form eggs, what created the eggs?

-JT-
03-01-2005, 12:56 AM
this one is old and has been proven. Neither the chicken or the egg was created first.

It all started when some birds from the antartic came to britian (i beilive) and mated with some of our birds. The birth process didn't go well and a bunch of ******ed birds known as chickens were born. simple as!

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 01:03 AM
the egg came first through a process called Evolution ;)

i wont go into details as i could explain why i think this all day... dont get me started on science debates ;) *tis a bit of a boff*

Mentor
03-01-2005, 01:10 AM
if that were true, there spicys woudl ahve become to imbred and died of. The egg came before the chiken, becuse eggs have been around far longer then the spicis "chicen"

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 01:12 AM
what u on about?! *blank face*

Mentor
03-01-2005, 01:19 AM
The egg came first, as the egg, wasnt nessaraily a chickesn egg, so millions of years before chickens exisated, dinosaws also layed eggs, wich were before chikesn.

(ps, its 1 am, so its over simplifed and probly confuiing)

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 01:25 AM
lol no i got it but i didnt say that the chickin came first that would just be pure stupidity even at 1am!

Mentor
03-01-2005, 02:02 AM
I see... my brain stoped working a while ago lol.
i made my good post back on the front page.

Most people seem to think the egg came befor the chicken, on this poll at leats ist neraly all oen sided, exspet one vote. Even thogh its clamed peopel are split 50 50 on this argumnt?

Most people know about eveoltion , even if just the basics, so technily the chicken wiuld have to start as oen to be one, while, the animal laying the egg could just be sligtly off being classed as a chiken, so its the egg of the pre chiken, conting a chike, so its a chike egg, mean i think that the egg came first anyway.

Athogh evelotion doesnt yet explain how lord gommist came hatched from an egg :/

Im confuing myslef, so i think i go for the night, i mad ethe msitake of not going yesterday, until about 7 or so. and egtting up at 10 dint help, ?? i think i ramble when im tired, bye.

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 02:26 AM
lmao yup u do ramble when ur tired n i think thats a wise decision to go to bed now... i think i shall too *yawns like mad n falls outa chair* i think i shudda dun like an hour ago tho!

Na nite everyone!

-JT-
03-01-2005, 03:17 AM
lol, this is crazy

*Edit by Properclone - Please stay on topic

Mentor
03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I finaly worked out what would change wether it was the chiken, or the chiken egg wich came first.

A a chicken egg, an egg cointaing a chicken? or an egg layed by a chicken.
If its one contining a chiken the egg came first, if its one layed by a chiken, the chicken came first

..::Tina::..
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I finaly worked out what would change wether it was the chiken, or the chiken egg wich came first.

If its one contining a chiken the egg came first, if its one layed by a chiken, the chicken came first
Umm....it would help if there was a 'Confusing language - English' translator. :p

Edited By MissAlice - PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

MENTAL NUTTER
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM

And i thought my story was confusing!!!

If it's an egg containing a chicken and the egg came first, where did the egg come from? If it's one layed by a chicken, where did the chicken come from? :eusa_thin

Maybe god just created a chicken because he was bored and thats how life was created, because god created a chicken. or maybe he created an egg first and took care of it (this has just started another argument!)

Mentor
03-01-2005, 01:44 PM
And i thought my story was confusing!!!

If it's an egg containing a chicken and the egg came first, where did the egg come from? If it's one layed by a chicken, where did the chicken come from? :eusa_thin

Maybe god just created a chicken because he was bored and thats how life was created, because god created a chicken. or maybe he created an egg first and took care of it (this has just started another argument!)
Well due to evoltuion, teh chicken would come from an egg, laybed by a bird wich is just off being classed as a chicken.

GommeInc
03-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Umm....it would help if there was a 'Confusing language - English' translator. :p

Tou must be pretty slow not to read that, i found it easy.

Back on topic, of course it is the egg that came first as the egg, be it a chicken egg or a normal egg from anything, the egg would of came first as everything comes from eggs.

Pulchritudinous
03-01-2005, 04:22 PM
I believe an egg was created first, but it didn't just appear, it was gradually built up.

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
not everythin comes from eggs.... one cellular organisms dont as they just duplicate themselves and the deattach from eachotha (twas how life was started by one-cellular organisms which then evolved into more and more complex structues of multi-cellular organisms) ;)

Mentor
03-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I get the feeling someosn evenatly going to exspalin the whole idea of evoltion. as a big chunk of it seems missing from what i read of other people, most people when they say we evolved from apes, im strating to think, thats apes were the begining of eveolotion?
and here an egg built up over time :/ ....

Still eveitiosn an intersting thing, based on inhratnace, so the best parts of one craet a new one suting crseture more and more for there eviromnt and surroundoings, athogh single celled orgnaism are the start... ish :/ . life slowly becmae more complex, as craetues adpated thuther to best sute there sruuondings, one of the most impotant erly things was the microcondria, as tahst what nerly all life today is based on (it urns oxigne in to energy, basily speaking) . athogh some deep sea creaturs have complty differnt methods. Im to lazy and i doubt im making enogh sences to warrrent continuing, or adding in the stuff ive most likly not put in.

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 09:10 PM
yea evelution is based on inheritance and selection, the animals will adapt over large periods to adapt to their habbitats "survival of the fittest" plays a quite a big part in this...
well if u wanna go right to the start u would be starting with atoms and compounds such as carbon compounds... but im not actully sure how it got from atoms and compounds to one-cellular organisms.... hm wow im so intregued :( i want my science proff here so i can ask him *pouts*
god i find science so interesting

n whats this bout apes being the start?!?! *giggles* hmmm >.<

EDIT: i think ill stop it with this subject coz its starting to raise questions in my mind n its annoying me coz i want them anwered!!!!

GommeInc
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Please share these questions, they may make it more interesting...

Mentor
03-01-2005, 09:38 PM
You shoudl have seen that, "what we still dont know" program, it was very intersting, and showed how form 2 basic eliments in exsiatnace, thinsg became mcomplext enogh to produse us.
I know one of the leimnets was hydrogen, i think tyhe other was healium. i think.
After these existed, over time, due to there dencity they becane to form tegteer even under the wekends of garvoity, as the masses became larger, there therfor had mrore gravity and more heat, these venetal form in to stas, wich via a fusion rectaion, formed most the other elmeis we see around us. (spewed it out when they wnet super nova)
Anyway billiosn of year later are palnet turns up, with all teh building blcoks for life, and geiven enogh time, with enog h subsatnce the cretion of life was invtble, athogh it starts out immencly simple, complexty evolves quikly.
This was proven (forgot name)s game LIFE (u can dw of the net, i got it its pretty cool.. ish) the game life only has 3 simple rules, based on real life.. ish. And even with such simple rules with enogh stuff complexity can be seen to evolve, gievin the complextbruls that goven are univer, complexty went far beoned what teh "LIFE" game could predic and slowsly created more and moree complext lifeforms better suted to there envirmts, wich is where the inhetance things comes on, ......... im rambling again. Anywa thats roghly increbily simplifed up to where eviltion begins.
If you wnat to know where the basic eliments came from, there is a danger il start rambloing about M theary (string theary).

(ps, see the human eviltion topic)

Crying-Angel
03-01-2005, 09:51 PM
ahhh yea i knew most of that, i knew it started off with two elements but i just couldnt remember which ;)

EDIT: n yea ive heard of the string theroy n know kinda about some of it... tis too complex for me to understand most of it tho *pouts*

-JT-
04-01-2005, 01:22 AM
yep, i think that if i am honest we are all just a computer program and we areplugged into the matrix :o that reminds me, somthing i find pathetic, the number of neo-the-one's on habbo, LOL!

Butcher11
04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I say the egg(must be 2 eggs, because a female can't reproduce by itself)
because a genetic mutation could create the egg from which the chicken's hatch.

GommeInc
07-01-2005, 11:53 PM
It is obviously the gg as what ever came before the chicken was way more than a million cells big and anything that big is capable of creating eggs as 1 cell organisms just multiply by dividing cells over and over again

MENTAL NUTTER
16-02-2005, 09:54 PM
yep, i think that if i am honest we are all just a computer program and we areplugged into the matrix

Hmmmmmmmm, yer, that could be true, that we are all computer animations living in a computer made enviroment (in other words, we are like 'the sims')..But who would of made the computer? This reminds me of .Hack//infection. it's a game where you control a character in a computer game, fighting, solving puzzles and other stuff to find out who made this game and why your friend went into a coma playing it. It was out a couple of years ago but it is still cool. but leaving that game behind, we could be computer generated. So maybe a computer (a really big one with an I.Q or more than 50 gazillion) created the egg first to form the chicken? There something for you to think about :D

Simonac55
16-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I think it may have started with an egg because it leads us to the process of life we are living today and as we may see, life evolves into a new form and I'm pretty sure an egg appeared before a chicken.

ramjet
16-02-2005, 11:05 PM
a nice fried egg and chips

Luayminator
18-02-2005, 11:03 AM
What a lame thing to argue about

Fingerboots
18-02-2005, 06:39 PM
But, but.. Aah! :P It can't of been the Chicken first, because a chicken hatches from an egg. But then it can't be the egg because it has to come from a chicken.
Too confusing for meee..
I say the err.. CHICKEN!

Mentor
18-02-2005, 07:27 PM
yes, but an not just chickens come form eggs. SO egges must have come first since cretures way before chickens came from them as well :D

Chillzy
18-02-2005, 07:58 PM
I think the egg came first

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!