PDA

View Full Version : ^ Highbury Farewell ^

NekkLe
05-05-2006, 10:12 PM
The final Salute of Highbury Stadium is approaching, May 7th 2006 is the last time Arsenal play at there beloved stadium which has served years of enjoyment.
Arsenal began there campaign at Highbury back in 1913, they were the team that everyone wanted to support back then. Champions of there League 5 times and winning the F.A cup 2 times in the first 5 years of there warming at Highbury.
Since then, Arsenal have been forever improving and have set records and made history in English football.

Arsenal look forward to moving into there new home, Ashburton Grove which literally is down the road from there present ground. Arsenal leave behind a stadium that has staged some of the most historical events and walk into there new home looking for more.

The final salute! Farewell Highbury

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/8629/lgsp00865ol.jpg

SHEEPY
05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Shame to see such a nice old fashion stadium go, but Ashburton Grove looks awesome.

Is that the offical name of the new stadium by the way?

Rou
05-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Shame to see such a nice old fashion stadium go, but Ashburton Grove looks awesome.

Is that the offical name of the new stadium by the way?

Officals Emirites i think

NekkLe
05-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Tis a shame, I like the vintage of Highbury. I think people call it what they won't, Ashburton Grove being the place where it is but the Emirates Stadium. When I first found out about Arsenal getting a new stadium it was Ashburton Grove then turned into Emirates "/

Jordan3
05-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Let's just hope that the last home game doesn't see them finish in 4th place.

NekkLe
05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Let's just hope that the last home game doesn't see them finish in 4th place.
It will, there no hope that we'll win, we will win ;) We need West Ham to perform.

Jordan3
05-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I think Arsenal will do it, I hate to say it. But they're not gonna win the Champions League.

NekkLe
05-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't knock em' for the Champions League, although everyone sees Barca as the domination squad, I think they'll be some good football played, Also, its in france so the Arsenal squad will get a good response :)

Michael.
06-05-2006, 08:09 AM
I love the spin Arsenal have put on Highbury "The Home of Football"!

If you're there, why don't you take your camera and take some pics to post on the forum. I'd like to see the farewell to Highbury. It's such a nice Art Deco with it's marble halls and that. I guess every Arsenal fan will want an apartment in the East Stand!

But as a Boro fan, I can't wait to see the back of it.

NekkLe
06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Heh, I havn't got a ticket for the match but I think if my uncle hasn't sold his, he'll take a few photos, i'll see if I can get some.

paradox
06-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Am I right in thinking that Highbury could go to another football team?

NekkLe
06-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Am I right in thinking that Highbury could go to another football team?
Sadly, your wrong, its going to be converted into a posh housing estate, they can't knock it down because its been standing for a long time therefore its a listed building.

bingoking
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
I think its a good idea to get a new ground when the old one is old, but its sad to see highbury go since it has long history behind it, well this new stadium will have the 2nd highest capacity in England.

Robzor
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
why change stadiums ? what is the point ?
highbury was a good home for arsenal xD
maybe highbury can have one more glory
if arsenal win the chanpions league , that would
be a great send-off xD

bingoking
06-05-2006, 01:00 PM
why change stadiums ? what is the point ?
highbury was a good home for arsenal xD
maybe highbury can have one more glory
if arsenal win the chanpions league , that would
be a great send-off xD

Well, Highbury's capacity is only 38000 and the new one is about 61000.

Robzor
06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
i know , but thats the problem with football nowadays if u look back to bobby charlton and geoff hurst , it wasnt money in that day , now all football is now is a business with loads of money ? where did old foot ball go ?

Placeee
06-05-2006, 01:06 PM
i know , but thats the problem with football nowadays if u look back to bobby charlton and geoff hurst , it wasnt money in that day , now all football is now is a business with loads of money ? where did old foot ball go ?

The more space there is the more fans are able to go and see the matches..
Yes you get more money but you also get alot more happy fans. :)

Robzor
06-05-2006, 01:07 PM
lol , place urve been banned over and over now !

it was place then placee now its placeee lol xD

Placeee
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
lol , place urve been banned over and over now !

it was place then placee now its placeee lol xD

Yeah, it's stupid.
Baving perm banned Placee because I sent him a pm with proof saying a keylogged hacked someone and because he is one of bavings friends I got perm banned and he said if I accuse him again he will get me ip banned from all the habbox sites and report me to my isp.. lol

Anyway, back on topic going to miss Highbury but with the new stadium I might actually be able to get tickets often, lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!