PDA

View Full Version : England Name World Cup Squad

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 02:48 PM
England coach Sven Goran Eriksson has named a preliminary 23-man squad with five players on stand-by ahead of this summer's World Cup finals in Germany.

See the link below for more information:
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=385352&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=4161&title=England+name+World+Cup+squad

paradox
08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Lmao omg, they were drawn 2 hours ago and then me and you go and
post it at exactly the same time.

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 02:51 PM
I know lmao! :D

paradox
08-05-2006, 02:51 PM
If a mod wants to merge them go ahead kthx.

Robzor
08-05-2006, 02:52 PM
OMG !
WHAT A CRAP TEAM !
I CANT WAIT TILL MACLAREN CHANGES SOMETHING !
ATLEAST HES ENGLISH NOT A STUPID FOREIGN NOOB :@

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 02:53 PM
It's a very good team TurboCharge. Tell us who they could change then? :s

paradox
08-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not happy about Defoe being stand-by and Walcott not. Yeah hes meant to be a hot prospect BUT hes scored 4 championship goals and hasnt even played a premiership game yet. Too much of a risk and belongs in the damn standby!

Robzor
08-05-2006, 03:26 PM
It's a very good team TurboCharge. Tell us who they could change then? :s

0k then ...

robert green : absolute crap
owen hargreaves : same as above :rolleyes:
theo walcott : LMAO ! it hasnt even played for arsenal that much and hes in the team :s
Stewart downing : um....... , not that particularly good ?
aaron lennox : not experienced enough ?

i am shocked that jermain defoe is on standby :s
and wheres players like darren bent and marlon harewood :P
scott carson is a betta keeper than robert green :rolleyes:

Pu$$y
08-05-2006, 03:29 PM
0k then ...

owen hargreaves : same as above :rolleyes:
theo walcott : LMAO ! it hasnt even played for arsenal that much and hes in the team :s
aaron lennox : not experienced enough ?

i am shocked that jermain defoe is on standby :s
and wheres players like darren bent and marlon harewood :P
scott carson is a betta keeper than robert green :rolleyes: I would have to agree.. but it's from his point of view not ours.

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
1. Downing may not be the best in the Premiership but he's English, and we're quite limited to English players in the Premiership.

2. Robert Green is way better than Scott Carson -> check clean sheet records etc. (+ Joe Hart will be comnig up soon - Shrewsbury Town GK and England U19 GK).

3. Harewood isn't even English, Darren Bent has no experience in International football, just 1 match played; we can't mess around at the World Cup!

4. Better strikers than Jermain Defoe for England now.

5. Hargreaves and Green are still some of the bets midfielders in England. :l

OMGitsaROSS
08-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Bridge, Hargreaves and Walcott are a joke.

Hargreaves is scared to put in tackles
Bridge no experience this season
Same with walcott :S

Pu$$y
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Bridge, Hargreaves and Walcott are a joke.

Hargreaves is scared to put in tackles
Bridge no experience this season
Same with walcott :S Boro whats that forum again?

Robzor
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
1. Downing may not be the best in the Premiership but he's English, and we're quite limited to English players in the Premiership.
2. Robert Green is way better than Scott Carson -> check clean sheet records etc.
3. Harewood isn't even English,
1. downing is a english player , limited to the premier for english players
2. robert green is first team keeper scott carson plays reserve keeping
3. harewood is english go onto football manager and check it ! i should know cause he use to play for my fav team notts forest :P
4. why did u say green in best midfielders :S

paradox
08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
:
Not really, if he was that crap he wouldn't have been picked,
hes had a dodgy season but if you remember last season he made some amazing saves, besides his 3rd choice so you can't really complain.
Who else could take his place huh?

Robzor
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
i said before , scott carson :rolleyes:
kirkland would of been 3rd choice if he wasnt injured :rolleyes:

paradox
08-05-2006, 03:51 PM
He isn't that much better, maybe this season hes had his performances
but IMO Green is better overall, thats why clubs bid 1 odd million for him last summer. Carson is on loan at Sheff Wed which doesn't say much ATM :p
and It's 3rd choice keeper so the chances of them playing anyway are slim.

OMGitsaROSS
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
http://s11.invisionfree.com/the_home_of_football verac xD

Robzor
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
any u only say robert green because u support norwich :P lol

bingoking
08-05-2006, 05:12 PM

2. Robert Green is way better than Scott Carson -> check clean sheet records etc. (+ Joe Hart will be comnig up soon - Shrewsbury Town GK and England U19 GK).

3. Harewood isn't even English, Darren Bent has no experience in International football, just 1 match played; we can't mess around at the World Cup!

I have to say i am happy with the team!

Eckuii
08-05-2006, 05:25 PM

Soz, I haver to disagree,

That Walcott dude hasnt played in the Premiership, nevermind an international game, I think Darren Bent has a bit more experience than him, with him having the most goals to his name for an English player in the Premiership this season.

Hargreaves plays in some German Team? The problem with him is, he wont blend in with the style the men who play in the English divisions. This makes him rubbish Internationally.

Jordan3
08-05-2006, 05:59 PM
It's okay. But from what I've seen of Robert Green this season [a Luton player lobbing him from about 40 yards] I don't think he's good enough.

SHEEPY
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Robert Green: Very, very talented goalkeeper, should of moved on after Norwhich were relegated. He won't be used.

Owen Hargreaves : What are you gonna rate him on his 10-15 mins performances for England? This is guy is amazing for Bayern. Very good squad player.

Theo Walcott: This guy is immensely talented, i'm chuffed to bits for the guy to see him in the sqaud. It is a gamble by Sven, and I hope it pays off.

Stewart Downing: Again another squad player as Joe Cole will keep him out, good option though, can cross.

Aaron Lennon: Again inexperienced, but has pace and can beat people, good option to come off the bench.

Ben.
08-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I agree with everything turbocharge sez i absolutly cant wait for sven to leave

Robzor
08-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I agree with everything turbocharge sez i absolutly cant wait for sven to leave

thanks for the support :o

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
We aren't even going to need Robert Green anyway. Paul Robinson is not really going to get injured, unless something major happens and David James getting injured too would be extremely rare. :l

Robzor
08-05-2006, 08:13 PM
comes to think of it ?
whats the point of the 3rd keeper going ?
lmao :P

-Paul
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I think it's a good squad..Not quite good enough to win the world cup tho.

Colourful™
08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
comes to think of it ?
whats the point of the 3rd keeper going ?
lmao :P
Then again, if WE DO get both of our keepers injured we need a reserve.

,Alexx.
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM

>=[ Downings good! :@

Darrent bent/Jermaine Defore in the squad not Theo Walcott

Colourful™
09-05-2006, 07:09 AM
Stewart Downing is good, yes. If he isn't then why is he in the Middlesbrough 1st team? :rolleyes:

NekkLe
09-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Theo Walcott, i've seen him play in the reserves and he looks wicked, a big step for him to go straight into playing for England but I think Sven can see his talent.

The sides ok I guess but yet again it looks like we'll get to the quarters and go out.

DieselShaq
09-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Owen Hargreaves is next to Frank Lampard. I don't support England because they're crap, but Hargreaves is good, better than Andrew Johnson

SHEEPY
09-05-2006, 10:50 AM
How can you compare Hargreaves and Johnson? One a defensive mdifielder and the other a striker?

England crap? ....

no..

Robzor
09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Then again, if WE DO get both of our keepers injured we need a reserve.

hardly likey though
iamme england arent crap :@

bingoking
09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Look at Everton, used 4 keepers in 5 games!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!