PDA

View Full Version : Hey! ^_~

Heinous
24-05-2006, 01:50 AM
This is copied from my devART account, a little introduction. ;) (lol >_>)

My name is Travis Moore and I'm 17 on June the 16th. I live in South Australia, about 40 minutes out of the city. I live with my mum, my younger 14 yr old brother, Daniel, and my five year old sister, Rachel. My older brother Carey, 23/4 (I forget) moved out a few years ago. I don't have contact with my father anymore, but my younger sibling still have contact with their fathers on a weekly basis. My girlfriend is Amy, whom I've been dating for 1 month just gone. For the second time around. I've loved her for a few good months, and now things have gotten good for the two of us. You'll see some shots of her in my gallery eventually.

My hobbies/interests are (starting with non-pc stuff);
Wrestling - I absolutely love watching it, WWE, sometimes I try and watch some TNA. In the past I've written my own fan fiction type stuff for it. But just lost a bit of interest in it.

Music - This would be drawing top interest for me (with computers), I absolutely ****ing love my music. I can't live without it. I listen to music nearly whenever I'm at my computer, which is far too much. I enjoy a vast amount of music from different genres, from 80's stuff, to rock, to metal, to death metal, to the likes of the Dresden Dolls, and all the way back again.

Photography - I love taking photos. I prefer to use a model as the subject, but sometimes I don't. Problem is not alot of people I know are willing to model, so I generally stick with the same subject. I personally don't think I'm that great of a photographer, but my teachers have said (the photography ones) that I have talent. And with help from some of them, I have improved drastically. I also do good with touching up.

Computers;
Hardware - I've done a lot of hardware swapping at home with the computers here, and at school, and some for my uncles computer company. Mainly putting in drives, and RAM. The tedious stuff that others can't do, but the ones that can need to do more important things, lawls.

Software - For 10 years now (seems like far less - got my first computer (not mine, but family) back in '96) I've been working with different software for computers. From operating systems (currently only Windows 95/98/XP Home/Pro and a little bit of a linux distro I had on, which I forgot now), to browsers, to games, to mp3 players, to IM apps, anything in the 10 years I've used the internet.

Networking - Not hugely strong in this area; but I've been in charge of maintaining my home connection for the past 18 months or so, two PC's on wireless, the other two on LAN connections.

Web programming - In my spare time, I code php scripts/layouts for people. I've gained a good understanding of how HTML/php/and MySQL work together, and can use them together now. Soon I'm hoping to get into some paid work for it, hopefully.. I'm studying a few other languages in my spare time, but not too much.

Programming - For the past year I've done basic programming in visual basic 6 and visual basic.NET 2005, nothing great produced, but learning more and more. I've touched onto visual C++, but didn't like the syntax.

Image Editing - Whether it's touching up a photo, doing a photo manipulation, making a new avatar/signature, or a new layout for something, I love doing it. I'm not great with this stuff, but I do it for fun, sometimes producing something worth viewing.

Audio Mixing - Just getting into this recently, I have no idea what I'm doing. I've done some basic mixing of songs, and slowly getting better at it. I also DJ for a website on Tuesday nights (10pm-12am), and sometimes during other timeslots.

At the time, this is all I can think of.
My "Tools of the trade";
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Illustrator CS2
Jasc Animation Shop 3
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9
Corel Paint Shop Pro X
Visual Studio.NET 2005
Visual Basic 6
MS SQL 2005
Dreamweaver 8
Sony Acid Pro 6
SAM Broadcaster (for DJing)

I think that's about it.

Uwe
24-05-2006, 02:02 AM
I can'tbe bothered to read all that but welcome to the forum ;)

Heinous
24-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Lol, it's very long I know. But I felt it says everything anyone should know about me, and what I'm all about.

But thanks. ;)

Anominity
24-05-2006, 04:10 AM
Welcome quite a skilled chap :o

bingoking
24-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Hello!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!