PDA

View Full Version : Results for my MOCK Exams

Catchetat
12-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Science - B

Well I got A for Physics but B for Chemistry and Biology. I should've revised more for Biology, I didn't revise for BIO lol. =[

Mandarin - C

Mathematics - A

Almost an A* -.- Just 2 more marks then I'd hit 90! omg lol. Stupid mean. I got that stupid part wrong where I had to claculate the mean. and OMG. I would've got extra marks if I read the question. i didn't write this answer in 3 sf -.-

I'm Supplementary for Maths and Mandarin I took my GCSE already. I'm doing IGCSE for Mandarin next year.

To those who take GCSE, any hints for me for the exams?

Catchetat
13-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey this sucks lol. For this ICT exam, I'm meant to get few more marks up.

The question was: How would you prevent illegal access to the database?

I said Firewall to prevent third parties from accessing it. I should've got the mark but the teacher said no. Because they only expected encryption and macro..

That's dumb. Lotsa ppl in my group got a C. If I got the mark I would've gotten a B...

iluvben
13-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow good grades ;) and don't worry about not getting the right grades you want you still have the actual tests :p

Catchetat
14-06-2006, 02:25 PM
any tips for me for the REAL GCSE exam ? :(

iluvben
14-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Don't stay up late revising because it wont help just make you concentrate less in the exams , be optimistic think its easy and your going to pass and take cod liver oil x] it contains omega 3 which is like brain food and its good been taking it for a few years now and it improves concentration ect..

GommeInc
15-06-2006, 12:23 PM
any tips for me for the REAL GCSE exam ? :(
Don't take it too seriously. In College you would realise GCSE's aren't really that important, what IS important is if you got the right marks for a subject in college and the actual AS Level. So aiming for C and B is ok. Going A* is a waste of effort if you are going into a College subject where the GCSE mark is a C, but if the subject you want to go is a C and you know that the actual subject maybe very popular, the A*-A is good to get you in.

I also found out the actual GCSE is easier than the mock, loads of people in my school agreed. Revise like normal, when ever you are free in the afternoon, don't revise in the evening, you never concentrate or take anything in when tired. If you have a friend who loves revising, revise with them. I had a friend who loved revising on the bus to school, it got me good marks.

Wizzdom
15-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Don't take it too seriously. In College you would realise GCSE's aren't really that important, what IS important is if you got the right marks for a subject in college and the actual AS Level. So aiming for C and B is ok. Going A* is a waste of effort if you are going into a College subject where the GCSE mark is a C, but if the subject you want to go is a C and you know that the actual subject maybe very popular, the A*-A is good to get you in.

I also found out the actual GCSE is easier than the mock, loads of people in my school agreed. Revise like normal, when ever you are free in the afternoon, don't revise in the evening, you never concentrate or take anything in when tired. If you have a friend who loves revising, revise with them. I had a friend who loved revising on the bus to school, it got me good marks.

Agreed! :D

Catchetat
15-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the tip gomme! +REP!

Any more tips ? :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!