PDA

View Full Version : History GCSE Question Help

Wayne
20-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Our history teacher has set us a GCSE practice question to do for homework, and I don't have a clue what to write.
Here is the question:
Without the new car industry (Ford) the boom of the 1920s would scarcely have been possible. Do you agree. Explain your answer. (10 marks)
Any help from you guys will achieve my gratitude and rep.

FlyingJesus
20-06-2006, 06:59 PM
I didn't actually do that area of history, but surely the whole thing with Ford would allow for thousands of extra jobs? That would solve a lot of unemployment and bring in lots of money to a certain area, which could well set a trend for a "boom" as it says. Basically what you need to be researching is what happened with Ford in that time, and what happened to other companies and places afterwards, then just piece them together with whatever theories you can think up. As long as you get the basic information right, anything you make up to link it will get you marks.

Wayne
20-06-2006, 07:19 PM
I didn't actually do that area of history, but surely the whole thing with Ford would allow for thousands of extra jobs? That would solve a lot of unemployment and bring in lots of money to a certain area, which could well set a trend for a "boom" as it says. Basically what you need to be researching is what happened with Ford in that time, and what happened to other companies and places afterwards, then just piece them together with whatever theories you can think up. As long as you get the basic information right, anything you make up to link it will get you marks.

Oh right, cheers for that mate. +rep. :P

foxyfox00
24-06-2006, 11:28 AM
It probarbly wont help but ill try, to explain.

Well the war had just finnished and it was the roaring 20's. People were basically going out and parting before the next war occoured. Business expanded and thats when Ford came about, bust soon over production became and issue. Thast why the great depression happened. Then when it was over the next world war happened. So there basically wouldnt have been time until after the war.

http://eh.net/encyclopedia/article/Smiley.1920s.final
Try this link

Nixt
01-07-2006, 08:50 PM
There is alot of other stuff as well about how Ford brought in the Model T and how cheap it was; people could start getting cars easily.
As well as this, you have how he created the idea of an assembly line... which led to other companies being able to mass produce their products.
Can't remember much else.. >.<

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!