PDA

View Full Version : ASA investigate Golden Ticket fix

paradox
22-06-2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2006270251,00.html

it's pretty convincing to me. lol

Error (Forum Moderator) ~ Similar threads merged!

jordybumz!
22-06-2006, 04:45 PM
some pretty good evidence.

Callum.
22-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Her husband obviously payed alot of money for her to go in, let alone the 4 grand for the ticket.

It was definetly fixed.

paradox
22-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Her husband obviously payed alot of money for her to go in, let alone the 4 grand for the ticket.

It was definetly fixed.
especially 4,000 for a ticket which only has 1/35 chance of winning, now I mean if you went down the bookies and placed a bet at 35/1, you must of bet on the rank outsiders.

GoldenMerc
22-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeh,i suppose well i don't realy know but you must have a extrmely bad life to pay 4k and have a v big chance of wasteing it

superstar911
22-06-2006, 07:35 PM
well theres 2 sides to veiw here

1 it could have been random and she got in as any loser that had a ticket and didnt get in would probably say it waz a fix

but den on the other hand its most lykly a fix as how much of a coincidence is it that she payed for the ticket instead of findng it but i think the sun says it all lets hope she gets the boot then she could rite a book called 'how to throw 4grand and 60 boxes of choco out the window' lol

iluvben
22-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Not really considering Aisleyene pulled out number 34 at first and then dropped it , I take it , it isn't a fix.

Kardan
22-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Also the people that made the state of Suzie stuff made them before she was chosen.

BUT how can it be fixed if the balls were diffrerent numbers. We saw one fall out and we were told it was number 3. So number 3 COULD of been chosen.
It's intresting to see her in the big brother 5 house.
It's also intresting that she applied for 3, 5 and 6 I think. And she nearly became the new housemate in number 5. But they chose Becki >.>

PLUS, Aisleyene picked another ball and dropped it didn't she? I swear I saw it on a video on Youtube.

Mitch4?
23-06-2006, 04:23 PM
The Advertising Standards Agency is investigating claims that Big Brother's golden ticket competition was fixed.

One hundred tickets were hidden inside chocolate bars, and Susie Verrico, 43, won a place on the Channel 4 reality show after a lottery-style draw.

The ASA has written to both Channel 4 and Nestle after receiving five complaints about the promotion.

Channel 4 has defended the draw, which was observed by an adjudicator from the Electoral Reform Services.

Last week, it released photographs of the draw machine to refute suggestions that the winning contestant's number was on every ball.

"It has been alleged that the draw was fixed and that the winner Susie was pre-selected," said a spokeswoman for the ASA on Thursday.

"We are investigating whether the draw was made in accordance with the laws of chance and with an independent observer."

"The draw was totally random and took place live on air for all to see," said Phil Edgar-Jones of producer Endemol last week.

"There is absolutely no truth in any of the rumours that the Golden Ticket draw was a fix."

Ms Verrico, who won the competition, had auditioned for Big Brother three times before, and also took part in a trial version of the show.

It had been reported that Verrico's husband spent £4,000 on promotional chocolate bars in a bid to win her a place on the programme's seventh series.

But Channel 4 has since revealed the ticket was bought on the eBay auction website.

RLY-CRAIG?
23-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Lol bought on ebay

Steven.
23-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Hmm, if it is a "fix" and all balls had 14 on. then why did one ball (The ball that came out and Alshleen put back in) has a number 3 on it? RIGHTTT... ;)

Who cares if it is a fix? :s

Mitch4?
23-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah thats what i thought steven. But suzies hat had the number 14 on. But her badge had the number 27 on? Explain that

Also people do care as people spent lots trying to buy these tickets. So big brother will get sued as well as nestle LOTS

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!