PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Become Thybag 5 Staff?

Mentor
25-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Thybag 5 needs a News team so as to be able to find and write about interesting news from around the web.

On my own i only end up managing to update with around 1 new item a day, Im hopeing with more people updating the news, even if only every so often, More interesting news would become available at a faster pace.

The news is updated threw a custom built inline AJAX news system, which works perfectly in firefox, and creakingly in IE due to a browser flaw.

All you need is an account on thybag :D

==========================
How do i know what counts as interesting news?
- If you find it interesting and would want to read about it, chances are other people would.

How much news would i be expected to contribute?
- As long as you occasional provide interesting and informative news, where not really bothered, the more the better though.

Should i copy and paste the news?
- No, news on thybag should be written by the person posting it or at least paraphrased, so as to provided the most interesting aspects then leave a source link to allow someone to read the nity grity at there choice.

Can i use html in the news?
- No, but there is FULL BBcode support.

If the news is taken from a site, the BBC for example, a link to the sorce should be provided at the end.

No Payment is offered for the job.

Colin-Roberts
25-06-2006, 11:05 PM
i would be insterested as im always ontop of the latest new computer gadgets and software if thats the kind of news you want or sports and real world news i can do i watch about 4 hours of news a day. + you spelled refresh wrong on forum shoutbox or i could do my own section of news were i tell it how it is no cleaned up crap just the truth no fancy terms ect.

Homesrfan
26-06-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm not going out for staff.
But ThyBag 5 is AWESOME :D

Mentor
26-06-2006, 08:34 PM
i would be insterested as im always ontop of the latest new computer gadgets and software if thats the kind of news you want or sports and real world news i can do i watch about 4 hours of news a day. + you spelled refresh wrong on forum shoutbox or i could do my own section of news were i tell it how it is no cleaned up crap just the truth no fancy terms ect.
I think i gave my exscuse for the forum :D

Anyway, im guessing your "colin" on thybag, And you sound like youd be perfect for the job.
If you can think of any news catagorys etc you think i should ad or remove from the news system, suggestions would be most welcomed, can you just confrim that is your account though before i give it news posting abiltys.

ps. when u do get them, sorry for the lack of post new news button :D

RLY-CRAIG?
26-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Mentor why not just have some RSS Feeds to bbc or something?

Colin-Roberts
26-06-2006, 09:18 PM
lol yep im colin on forum.

nick12
27-06-2006, 06:49 AM
yeah i could help,I know bits of php,HTML,Learning ajacs(from Toms forum)

Mentor
27-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Mentor why not just have some RSS Feeds to bbc or something?
Becuse that would be pretty boreing, anyone who wants to read bbc news goes to the bbc? theres no reason to go to thybag if that was all we had "/

lol yep im colin on forum.

You can now post news :D (works best in firefox)

Colin-Roberts
27-06-2006, 09:24 PM
that good cause i use firefox lol

Mentor
03-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Would anyone else like to Become news staff on thybag? as the section is still short staffed?

Thanks in advance to anyone whod like to :)

Flauvo
03-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I suppose I could give it a go Mentor.

Mentor
03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Whats your user name on thybag? as i need that to be able to give news useage ability to your account.

Colin-Roberts
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
lol i completely forgot about this :S

Mentor
03-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Dont worry about it, although book marking it for future remembering my be a good idea :p

Would anyone else be wanting a job?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!