PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator System

Seacat
02-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Due to all the PMs I have received in the past few hours, I thought that to save my inbox getting full (even with 3000 PMs :$) I thought I would post what is going on with our Moderating system, as alot of people have been asking why people have been removed, and lots more asking to replace the Moderators that were removed.

We are going to try out a new Forum Moderating system, as the current one we have isn't working so well, as we had around 30 Moderators but still lots of rules been broken and lots of inactive Moderators. sierk, 8Freak8, Baving, :Jin:, Eckuii and myself discussed a new Forum Moderating system this morning where we decided that we should try out having category moderators, where 2 Moderators are assigned a category and Moderate only their category, instead of just 3 random Forums.

This system is currently in the testing stages and if all goes to plan there should be another big change within the next few weeks, more will be posted on this when and if it happens. Earlier in the week I made a 'league table' of all the Moderators, where we counted in days how long it took each Moderator to get 100 Moderator Logs. We decided that so many people from the top of the list should stay on as a Forum Moderator + the current trialists and recently hired Moderators (e.g. Adam and Smiddy1234) so that they can prove themselves. The rest were removed however I would like to stress that we thank them hugely for their work, as I said in my Private Message to each of them

So that's what's happening for now, we hope the new system works well as I think we've been in need of one for a long time.

Thanks, Seacat
Assistant Site Manager (Forum).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!