PDA

View Full Version : GNVQ ICT

TehJoshy
02-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey I'm Joshy1029 (Josh) and i'm in yr 10 just wondering if any of you ppl are doing GNVQ ICT because i noticed quite alot of people from my school are doing it

THanks Joshy!

Ezzie.
02-02-2005, 06:23 PM
joshy plz don't give out your details please :)

Dave,
02-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I am doung GNVQ. I need to work harder though cos I am almost failing it :(

Fingerboots
02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm doing GNVQ also. It isn't too hard, you just need to put an awful amount of work into it! Good luck people doing it. ;D

Rarelime
02-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Im doing GNVQ aswell... im predicted B's ;)

Ryan
02-02-2005, 09:46 PM
gnvq... whats that all about now ? lol

Rarelime
02-02-2005, 09:50 PM
gnvq... whats that all about now ? lol

GNVQ ict is a gcse course that is worth 4 gcses in total, and it takes up alot of lesson time in your timetable about 5hrs per week.

Ryan
02-02-2005, 09:52 PM
ah rite i did 1 of them last year for mechanics in college it was a full time course tho 21hrs a week got 4 gcses from it :D doing a-levels this year :s hard :(

Rarelime
02-02-2005, 10:02 PM
21hrs per week! my god :p must be hard ;)

Ryan
02-02-2005, 10:04 PM
im doing 20hrs a week this year ... im in for 2 days then half day for 2 and a full day off :D:D:D:D lol

Fingerboots
04-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Change of thought.. So. Hard.
>_<

Rarelime
04-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Change of thought.. So. Hard.
>_<

What you doing at the moment in the course?

Neil
04-02-2005, 08:38 PM
GNVQ ICT Is To Boring Lol I Passed The Angietta's Thing Though. :)

TehJoshy
04-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Some Weird Comments lol Don't forget your veiws!!!

Fingerboots
04-02-2005, 11:27 PM
What you doing at the moment in the course?
Databases. It's not difficult, I mean I understand it and everything it's just the amount of time to do SO much work in is ridiculous. :S

Dave,
12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I can do all the work its just those stupid step-by-step screenie things you have to do, they drive me up the wall!

tbh imo no m8
12-02-2005, 09:59 PM
GNVQ ict is a gcse course that is worth 4 gcses in total, and it takes up alot of lesson time in your timetable about 5hrs per week.
it takes up 6 hrs a week on mine and i am doing btw when u r doing course work DO NOT SHARE IT ON HERE IT IS ILLEGAL ADN CHEATING AND AUOTMATICALLY FAILS U

has any 1 dun any course work yet? i have dun the angiettas pizza parlour fing and the microsoft access stuff

Dave,
12-02-2005, 10:02 PM
I am in my second year and have done the second exam. Last year we had to do some stuff about this band called Minds Eye not a pizza thing.

tbh imo no m8
12-02-2005, 10:12 PM
i dun minds eye lol

Mentor
12-02-2005, 11:09 PM
My school doesnt do ict, or anything persificly compueter realted, athogh in 6 form, im hopeing to do a computeing as then a level.

i get to learn java :D

Jamie
13-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Im doing GNVQ ict ^_^

Ezzie.
14-02-2005, 03:24 PM
I;m going to do them when im in grammar school cos im good at IT

TehJoshy
09-03-2005, 03:29 PM
wow this has been my best topic so far lmao!!!!

Keep Comments Comming in :)

Crying-Angel
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
u lot have no idea how lucky u are! i had to do Applied ICT.... we were the last year to do it, they put us on it, n then half way through the second year they decided it was too hard and there was too much paperwork to do, so they took the year below me off it but it was too late to take it off us. i was sooooo not impressed.... we did sooooooooooooooo much paperwork.... it took up so much of my time (oh yea n we were also messed about with teachers too >=[) as u can see im so not pleased....
altho all my hard work payed off and i ended up with a double A in ICT, but i find it so unfair that the ppl doin GNVQ ict do way less work than we did yet they get 4 GCSE's for it whereas we only got 2! >=[

TehJoshy
14-03-2005, 01:43 PM
lol :( Poor Dani :P Its Ok The GNVQ Course Isn't that much of a miracle!

Fawne
14-03-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm doing GNVQ ICT :)
Well actually i'm in the lesson right now, which is pretty cool :)

I've done Spreadsheets and Databases, and now doing Websites about a Company, using Microsoft Front Page.

Hopefully I'll become a Computer Expert by the end of Yr 11. ;)

I'm thinking of maybe doing it to A level, and maybe Bachelor's / Master's Degree. :p

jamie5k
14-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Ive just done 3 periods of it today :o im tired got a headache lol Ive just been given my networks assignment which is the best one coz you dont do much writing :D im finding the database one really hard coz i hate it so much.

Concentric
14-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Yikes, you all seem to do a lot of IT, 4 GCSEs?!? - We can only do a short course in it, i think i get something rediculous like a half-GCSE :@

joeyjo21
14-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Im in yr 12 now, but i did GNVQ last yr. I ended up with a Merit (which is like 4 B's). I feel sorry 4 u guys doing it cos i know how weird the course is!Especially some of the stupid units you have to complete, we had to deisgn an ice scraper for example. I think the GNVQ wasnt bad overall, at my school it was just an excuse to listen to music all lesson and play games which suited me fine. Working on ur owns kinda hard and u hav 2 b pretty disciplined. The coursework seems 2 go on forever but its worth it in the end :). Hope u all have fun with it (if possible). Just 2 let u know im doin AS I.C.T now and its practically the same thing but u just spend the whole yr doing one spreadsheet (so in a way u have an advantage cos not many ppl r used to doing ICT coursework the same quality and quantity as GNVQ).

Dave,
14-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I hate doing all the reports for it, it drives me mad!

xsaucy-stephx
05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Im doing GNVQ!!! But im a bit younger than yr 10 and i started a year ago, its horrible! I hate it, its the worst thing in the world!!!! It takes me ages to finish each assignment, im worried now, because you have just reminded me i have an assignment in next tuesday and ive barely started. o.O im dead.
Im not doing too bad, and i got my half term report with A2 in ICT so i dont think im failing it (Thank God!)
Plus the teacher favours me, i should be let off with a 5 day late record :)
Mwahahahahaha, where are you all in the course though?

Steph
x

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention, we end up with 2 whole days per term dedicated to non-stop GNVQ, seriously it makes me dizzy!!! Im on Spreadsheets at the moment, so this whole unit stuff has taken me ages! And OMG i just realised i didnt start a year ago (it feels like it though) I started in September lol, god i thought it looked like i was slow! Fair enough i am on this, im like probably slower than you lot, but im only in yr ... oopsy nearly told ya :p

Mental-Case
14-04-2005, 11:15 AM
My school only offered bog standard GCSE ICT, or short course.

I thought GCSE ICT was severely overrated, it didn't teach me anything new, or anything hardware related. No programming what so ever. Still, I got a B out of it, (purely cos it was so boring).

My next experience, was a VCE, (same as 1 A-Level), which was even worse. It wasn't ICT, it was more like business studies, and basic operation of Microsoft Office. There was NO programming on the curriculum for VCE, so I had to find a way to get it in there.

I borrowed a book on visualbasic, and added a lot of visualbasic to my macros on a database project.

As mentioned before, there's far too much paperwork, that's why I only got a B, is because I got fed up with writing up what I'd done, it's stating the plainly obvious.

Another interesting point, is if you haven't done ICT at A-level, you can still get a CompSci degree. Computer Science is a lot better in terms of programming, the only thing is, they expect a little prior knowledge, but if VCE's don't teach programming... where on earth am I gonna learn that?!

All turned out OK tho :) *is doing BSc Physics with Space Research* :eusa_danc

Fingerboots
08-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Old thread, but it's still relevant.

Bloomin' heck. ICT is a handful.. I don't regret taking it though, because it'll be good in later life. But my god it is a lot of work. :(
Are you guys all on Unit 7 - Macromedia? Lol, I should be halfway through it but I haven't even started.. Been busy enough correcting Units 2&3.
Shamoossshhh evil.

Discountguy
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I did GNVQ ict last year and i found it ok i know quite a bit about computers i ended up with a Merit Overall and i await the rest of my gcse results on the 26th Of August

GaryBest
15-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I can assist u with ma help although i dont take it i already know it top to bottom

GL3N
21-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Yo Josh,

Im In Year 13 (well when we go back)

And I did GNVQ IT in years 10 + 11 and got a pass in it :) Four C's I think, Im here to help if you need me, just give me a PM :P

Peace'

Craig
21-08-2005, 09:37 AM
We were doing ECDL im not sure what Im doing now tho,I forgot,It was sum n00by 4 letter'd thing tho xP

Brightened
21-08-2005, 08:35 PM
I am doing GCSE ICT. I have been doing GCSE ICT for a year now and i really enjoy. Alot of my friends do GNVQ ICT. I was stuck which one to do but then my teacher assured me to do GCSE ICT as he said that i would be better at that than the GNVQ ICT Course. I enjoy it too but i must say it's hardwork and with the coursework on top of that but i suppose it has to be done.

xsaucy-stephx
01-09-2005, 09:13 PM
wow this thread still going? :o
anyways i havent been doing to well recently i got A2 on my report again but like im really lacking behind, i havent handed in my last Unit for marking but i didnt, and i am supposed to have the next unit finished by the 6th and i havent started it :l
i dunno why they give us homework during the 6 weeks, going into my 2nd year of it now and im still not in year 10 :( i just want to stop it now

oh well i think im actually going to start it 2morro :)

Random
01-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm doing normal GCSE Applied ICT which means i'll get 2 grades instead of one. I'm expected a B which is good enuf for me. I hear some people are doing ECDL, i did that when i was 12 lol and it is easy, i did ECDL Advanced when i was 13 so this GCSE **** should be easy because the ECD Advance is supposed to be harder. :P

Dan Williamson
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
When i got back I'll be doing GCSE Advanced ICT

And Also GNVQ ICT.

Fingerboots
02-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Bah, I'm doing my ICT coursework at the moment. *Le annoying* :(

Dan Williamson
02-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Watcha doing for coursework?

Fingerboots
02-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Unit 7: Multimedia
Uhm. Odd unit to explain though, we have to make a group and individual presentation and stuff. o.O

Dan Williamson
02-09-2005, 04:53 PM
o.O Anything on website designing? I'm starting on tuesday or the next.

Fingerboots
02-09-2005, 04:56 PM
The last unit we did (3) you had to make a website, but it doesn't have to be anything fancy or whatever just as long as you covered the important bits in the checklist like text, images, sound etc etc. xD But it might be different at your school/year

Dan Williamson
02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Well im going into year ten and around the tameside region.

ashLOVESMatt!
13-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I am also doing the GNVQ ICT course.
I've completed the units:

Making a power point
Ground power point
Making a website
Databases

and now starting my Graphics unit.

I've got Bs for all my coursework so far and the recent test I did, about presentation techniques and writing styles (which i'm sure alot of you sat) I got 80% for which graded as an A, so I was happy.

I advise you to never fall behind because the coursework is so demanding and the teachers will lay it on you like a ton of bricks!

Fingerboots
13-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Yup I couldn't agree more with the never fall behind bit. If you get behind, it's doubtful you'll catch up.

On the other hand YAY! I got a distinction on my Unit 3's work. =]=]

Angel-Light
13-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Woah very complicated o.o Rofl different in Scotland, Intermediate 2 (similar to top level aka credit in other lessons) is what I'm doing. It's actually a college course and so much to remember. Coding programs with visual basic can be very confusing and tiring :$ Your gcse system is complicated =[

JT-Fan
13-09-2005, 02:57 PM
I do gcse IT.
Loadsa less work!

Neil
13-09-2005, 02:59 PM
My class ic on Graphics now... [yay...] we should of started it in year 10 but people that knew nothing about HTML kept the class behind =/

Rashelly
29-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Old thread but meh...I'm bored.
I did GNVQ ICT when I was at school, but I left 2 years ago, so it's probably all changed.
All I did in class was play around, and left all the work until last minute - and still managed to get a merit (BTW, I'm not promoting this method :p )
But our teacher was actually a RE teacher and knew NOTHING about ICT!
And BTW, if you think GNVQ's are a lot of work...NEVER take up AVCE's or A levels! (although A levels are easier - do those :p )

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!