PDA

View Full Version : Art or new technology which one should I do?

foxyfox00
11-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Okay I have a delima in choosing my subjects for next year. Im desperate to do art and the new media course but I can only choose 1!

Art is the traditional art with a small percent works being digital media, ie photo shop, photograph etc.

New media is graphics, photography, videos & digital media that more computer based.

I have no idea on what to choose as I like both, and am getting good marks in both. I have to decide in 4 weeks and I have no idea. I asked some teachers but they give me the "do what you like more speech". Im going to an interview night next week.

But any advice on which sounds better would help.

En-hosting
11-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Choose Media course if i was you. But it is really up to you as we not going to be doing it with you are we. But I think Media course is good

womanizer
24-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know about Art in your school, but art is a lot of work. It's hard focussing (sp) on your other subjects as there is so much work involved in art.

FlyingJesus
25-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Balls if art's a lot of work, I handed in just 2 sheets of backup work with my exam piece and got an A.

foxyfox00
27-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Well new tech, its the 1st year the course is running.
Art well some of the works that ive seen for HSC a year 7 could do better.
But Im competing against all of australia so it wont be easy.

I have to make my decsion this week so all help is apreciated

Crouch
27-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I would choose media! Personally, I think it'll be of more use to you, in a job or just for making any old graphics.

SteveBrown03
27-08-2006, 02:05 PM
In the end, it is up to you what subject you want to do, we cannot pick for you :p But my advice to everyone who asks which subjects they want to do, is that if you would enjoy doing a certain course, and you may want to pursue it in the near future, then I would go with that one :)

This prob wont help, but this is my advice to you :)

FlyingJesus
28-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Keep in mind that if this media subject is new to the school, the teachers may not know how to teach it as well as they would their normal lessons. I had that problem, had an English teacher teaching me media (I was in the school's first year of it) and found it a bit difficult for that reason. Still got a B though, so don't be too discouraged - just something to think about.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!