PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Tapings Results/Spoilers for 8/18/06

KBC
16-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Dark Match: Gregory Helms Vs Jimmy "Wayne" Yang : Jimmy Yang debuted a new gimmick of a "colonial"(?) cowboy & introduced himself as Jimmy "Wayne" Yang. The match was short but pretty good with even offense shared between the two. Helms won, but I can't remember the finish.
SmackDown Taping:

Show opened with hometown boy Batista taking on Sylvan. It was a pretty quick squash with the win coming from a Batista bomb in under 30 seconds !! Batista got a fitting welcome back home, with a huge standing ovation every time he came out.

Terkay squash match against Scotty 2 Hotty, with his win coming with a Muscle Buster as used by Samoa Joe. After the win he applied his submission to get more heat. Crowd pretty much booed him when necessary, otherwise no reaction at all.

They showed MVP sitting in a skybox just above us drinking champagne with some girls. He did get a good loud pop form the crowd.

Vicki pleaded with Teddy Long not to book Mysterio VS Chavo for Summerslam using family and Eddie as a reason. Teddy long declined and the match is on!! I don't know about others but I hate Eddie being used in the storyline…but I guess that's just me.

A couple of videos chronicling Eddie's relationships with Rey & Chavo were aired but there was no sign of Mysterio & Chavo throughout the taping . Everybody expected them to come out sometime but none of them did. Kids in the crowd were really disappointed .

Ken Kennedy Vs Tatanka: Kennedy's entrance as usual was pretty over with the crowd. Many chants of 'Boring' from the crowd in this match, there was nothing special at all. Kennedy won with rolling up the tights.

Undertaker Vs Great Khali in Last Man Standing match: I thought it would be the main event but I guess I was wrong again !! Taker's entrance was pretty over. I don't even believe myself when I am writing this, but this was a GOOD match !!! Crowd reaction made it an awesome match, with lot of chants like "Taker", "Let's Go Taker", "Khali Sucks" all throughout the match. Khali did botch up a couple of times not knowing where to be to take Undertaker's moves like his leg drop on the apron but Taker did carry him to a very good match. ..Khali's BEST MATCH that he can ever have.

I don't know if it comes on TV but lots of people noticed the referee handing Khali the blade for the blade job and taking it back as well !!!! Ending comes after Taker hits Khali with stiff chairshots and a chokeslam. Khali did bleed like a stuck pig!!

After the canvas was changed, it was Vito against a jobber. Vito was deliberating lifting his dress all the time having the crowd get a lot more than a peek at his undies !! Pretty average match nothing to write home about.

Finlay Vs Lashley for US championship that was announced at the start of the show. Good match, nowhere as good as their previous matches, crowd did get into the match midway. Regal came to the ringside during the match to support Finlay. A cool spot came when Regal had the referee distracted and Finlay went under the ring to get the leprechaun, when he tried to toss it to Lashley, he speared both of them!! Finish came when Regal broke the count when Lashley had Finlay beat after a running powerslam.

There was a funny moment after the match when SD went to break, The Leprechaun came out from under the ring and ran to the back with every one yelling "Little *******" !! It was Pretty Funny !!

Booker came into the ring next with the throne and red carpet in the ring as usual. I couldn't catch his drift but he was dissing Batista which brought him out to another ovation. There was something, I couldn't catch what he said (perhaps I should have given more attention to the event than the girl sitting in front of me!!) but the gist was he wanted Batista to kiss his bare feet. Batista played like he was contemplating to do so, even getting to his knees, but he just did a quick beatdown forcing Booker to run from the ring. Batista picked up Booker's robes and posed with it while sitting on the throne.
End of taping.

Post Show Dark Match:

World Heavyweight Championship Match: King Booker vs. Batista- They had an okay match. It was pretty short. Batista had Booker up for a powerbomb and Sharmell handed Booker something, which he used to hit Batista causing a DQ. After the match Batista hit a spear, spinebuster, and powerbomb.

KBC
18-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Bump...

Sabu
18-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Smackdown! hasn't ebven finished yet? :rolleyes:

EDIT: My apoligies, didn't realise you were from the USA.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!