PDA

View Full Version : Inernational Friendly Matches = Disgrace

Mit
17-02-2005, 05:46 PM
England players in the last few years during friendly matches have played rubbish. There is a lack of will to win and Sven sees it as a draw looks fine on his record. Im fed up with top players not trying but playing and players trying to get in the squad being played out of position. Downing playing where he was and Andy Johnson. Wright-Phillips isn't a striker and Rooney doesn't play left midfield.

Either they bring back home internationals where it means something or we play hardly any of our first team players in friendlies.

We could have a team of:

Green (Norwich)

Johnson (Chelsea) Carragar(LIverpool) King (tottenham) Bridge (chelsea)

Wright-Phillips (Man City) Jenas(newcastle) Dyer(Newcastle) Downing

Johnson (Palace) Defoe ( tottenham)

We might get completely hammard but the fans would respect Sven for trying players. If anyone stands out then next friendly against someone like France. Who the players dont like. See if the player(s) that stood out could fit in the team.

Its so boring and unfair on those who pay so much to get in. They have to watch unimaginative England and Holland sides play against each other.

Holland where looking for the draw with their far from experienced team and we gave it to them.

BURN3LL
20-02-2005, 09:53 AM
My personal opinion is that Sven Goran erikkson shouldnt be the manager of england because hes swedish!

CoolMichael22
20-02-2005, 12:46 PM
SACK SVEN THATS WHAT I SAY!

Luayminator
22-02-2005, 07:15 AM
I totally agree, I think England have one of the best international squads .. Beckham , Lampard, terry. Gerrard , Owen , Rooney ... It goes on .. they can atleast get to a semi final !! But the coach is not up to it , Sven needs to go.

danny1541
22-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I dont think Sven is to blame i think he is a decent manager and Yeah you can say we have all the good players but the players are not playing on the same team so they need a few games to gel i think that why teams at international level are sorta lacking

CoolMichael22
24-02-2005, 05:51 PM
OMG bad rep points for saying SACK SVEN pathetic

Lµke
24-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I agree england havent really got going, but im sure sven will get them going soon :D

Mit
24-02-2005, 09:14 PM
im not saying they will play bad in world cup 2006 but they genrally play bad in friendlies. its happended since sven came. he isnt a bad manager but english press are so harsh he has to make sure he plays a team that will get a draw or win even if it means playing new players in wrong positions.

Luayminator
25-02-2005, 04:28 PM
They will play badly , they always mess up

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!