PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Dont fall for scams!!!

Simonac55
27-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi

I am here to explain you the different typer of scam so you don't fall for it.

''Give me your password and I'll give you unlimited credits with a program!'': That is an old way scam. Do not ever give your password to anyone! This is a personal info never give it or he will get through your account!

''Email me you username and change yourt email adress to: blabla@(e-mail adress) and I will get you free credits'': Do not ever change your email adress for anyone! They will click ''forgot my password'', wich will send an email to them, containing your password!

''Give me your password and I'll make you a Hobba. I am Habbo Staff'': Don't ever fall for that scam. There is only one way to be a Hobba: the application form. And second of all, Habbo Staff never asks you for your password since they don't need it. So don't ever give your password to anyone.

''Ring this phone line and the credits will be free for you!'': This is a scam too. Most of the times, they put the credit line and their Habbo ID so you call the phone line and they get free credits.

''Ring this phone line and enter your credit card number'': DO NOT EVER FALL FOR THIS. They will have acess to your credit card and all your money(real one).

''Look when I typer my password, it comes up like *****'' : Do not fall for that. When you type your password, it does not come up ad that. It comes up as your real password and then, they can enter in your account!

''I can get out your furniture that is in the wall if you give me one piece of furniture'': Dont fall for that. Most of the time, trashers use Artmoney or programs like that to script. If someone trashed your room, call a Hobba immediately: They are the only one you can trust to remove all the furniture from your wall. Most of the time, they trash using artmoney and script to put you furni in the wall. Sometimes, they will ask for rights to put furniture in your room but they just remove it from the wall. And later, they ask for it back and it is your furniture you're giving back!

''Enter your password and press Ctrl+m to get unlimited credits!'': Don't fall for this too. When you press ctrl and another letter, this activate like an enter button and your password will appear. Then, they will get in your account. Dont ever ever do that

''Go to that website and you will receive alot of free credits.'': If someone tells you that, don't ever go to that website and certainely do not what it says. They will not give you free credits they will just scam your account.

''Give me your email adress and when I send you something to download, accept it.'': First of all, do not ever give your email adress to someone you don't know. Second of all, what they want you to download can be a keylogger, wich goes through your computer, and the person can hack you! DONT ever fall for this!

''I will sell my account to you for 2 hc sofas. I have 250 credits on it and my name is cool'': Do not ever do that! Most of the times, the person that told you that made a clone that has none credits on it. Then you just enter their account and nothing on it. Or, they can just tell you the wrong password so you can't ge on it. So don't ever do that.

''For 1 HC sofa, I'll give you a present with a rare in it'': Most of the time, what they say is not true. Even if they are HC, it doesn't mean that it will be some good furni for your rare. If someone ever tells you that, say no or tell them to open the present.

''Go to the new Habbo Hotel and enter your usename and password from the old one!'': Don't ever do that. Most of the times, it is one Habbo that made a replica of when you enter your password and usename except that it sends an email to them with your username and password. Then, they steal your account.

''Change your password to xoxoxo and you will get free credits'': That is not true. He/She just wants you to change your password, so they can get in.

''I will trade you a camera with a film in it for a HC sofa'': That is not true. When you trade a camera, the film automaticaly disapears. So it is just the camera that is there

''Give a furni you want to be doubled and I will duplicate them for free!'': Dont ever do that! There is no way to double furni! The scammer will just take your furni and run away.

''Go to my website and dowload the thing you'll see. You can cheat on Habbo Hotel with that'': Sometimes, it isn't a cheating tool that you will download. It is a keylogger. And with a keylogger, they will see every letter you typer in your keyboard and will get into your Habbo. And remember: Scripting tools are against the Habbo Way.

Well I said all the scams that I know in all. If you know any other new types of scam, please typer them in. I hope you will stay safe in Habbo. Remember:The only way to have credits is buying them from HABBO or to win competitions like Funky Friday and polls.

Stay Safe!

WCK
27-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Remember:The only way to have credits is buying them from HABBO.

thats not nessicarily true, stealing them is deffinetly wrong but it is a way of getting them is it not?

WCK
27-07-2004, 08:58 PM
hey! whos the one who put "totally negative and unproductive post" as a negetive in my rep? thats completly lame, i was just pointing out that stealing is a way to get credits, even though it should never be done.

Simonac55
28-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Yes you can steal but that is a really bad things. Stealing is a bad things everywhere, including Habbo. All I am saying is that the only fair way to get Habbo Credits is by buying them.

Simonac55
28-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Oops wrong button lol. Never mind

MrTaLkaTiVe01
30-07-2004, 10:55 AM
hey all, this is great advice for everyone out there; and it is true do not fall for a scam!
thanks MrTaLkaTiVe

Simonac55
30-07-2004, 10:05 PM
another scam is where the scammer tells u to change your password to something he tells u to... so he might say change ya password to password and you get unlimited creds!!!

Ok thanks for that. I added that type of scam to the list.
If anybody found some new scams, feel free to write them

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!