PDA

View Full Version : Justify your prices?

Bear-Max
20-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I'd like to know where the hell you get some of your values (or indeed your valuers) from.

I mean, how can you justify the recent dropping of petals to 1.3, when if anything they have risen. 2 days ago people offered 12 petals per throne, which has now dropped to 7 or 8 petals per throne. Please don't try and humble me with the excuse that thrones are dropping... A 1HC decrease in the last week does not account for 4 or 5 petals less being offered over 3 days.

Lee.Norman
20-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Clearly, some people offer more and less than others for certain rares. The throne is dropping rapidly, causing major changes. However, with the petal patch being removed from the catalogue, their value will change.
The rare value pages are updated as fast as possible. However, sometimes that isnt fast enough.
It also clearly states, that out values are a guide, and not 100% accurate.

Finally, our values are judged on the average. So jsut because 1 person will pay 8 petals, doesnt mean everyone else will. Therefore, our values are accurate as possible.

doraemonkiller
20-02-2005, 02:30 PM
2 days ago people offered 12 petals per throne

i think he got rip off .
petal value not balanced now since they still in catalog ,the correct value will show out after petal out from catalog.

Bear-Max
20-02-2005, 03:11 PM
i think he got rip off .
petal value not balanced now since they still in catalog ,the correct value will show out after petal out from catalog.

Right... "I think he got rip off" makes no sense.... But meh.

And I'm just telling you what is happening in most trade rooms. I spend a majority of my time in trade rooms, and I spend a lot of time on Habbo. MOST people offer/take 8 petals for a throne at the moment. Fact.

And the throne dropping rapidly? 1HC in a week doesn't seem too rapid to me.

I know that the rare values are supposed to be a guide only, but (unfortunately) to many it seems to be the bible of trading. It's a shame that it takes more than 3 brain cells to open your eyes in trade rooms and notice the going rates for yourself.

Butcher11
20-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree with Ben, people are selling petals for like 1.5-2, I've sold quite a few at 2, and people want 8 petal for a throne. :s

edit- After talking to a member of the Values team, i found out the prices were the values from 3 days ago that weren't out up till yesterday :p

micky.blue.eyes
20-02-2005, 04:36 PM
This is getting really boring but ok:
First the petal: The petal is dropping in value because lots of people are stocking them and asking them because they think they will go up in value. e.g. Many people offer 5hcs for 4 petals. This makes the petal go down. OK?
good.
Now the throne: The throne is going down because people ask 9 petals for a throne (that is the same as 12.7cs atm petal is 1.3cs) because people think the value will go up up up when its out of the catalogue, so they make big profit. That's why the throne goes down down down atm. OK?
good.

Lee.Norman
20-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Micky i know what you mean. I have replied to like 'so many' anti-habbox complaints, about the rare values.
ITS A GUIDE !
If you dont like it, dont use it. Simple as that.
Just Stop Complaining !

PS - Will Someone Put A Sticky, About This !
Its Getting So Annoying

micky.blue.eyes
20-02-2005, 04:57 PM
PS - Will Someone Put A Sticky, About This !
Its Getting So Annoying
I made a thread on the ask the rare values reporters and I asked the forum moderators the make it a stickie so...

Bear-Max
20-02-2005, 08:41 PM
What a shame... I thought rare values reporters were supposed to know at least a little about rare values?

And as I said above, I know it's only meant to be a guide, but many Habbos don't see it that way :l

doraemonkiller
21-02-2005, 07:53 AM
I agree with Ben, people are selling petals for like 1.5-2, I've sold quite a few at 2, and people want 8 petal for a throne. :s

edit- After talking to a member of the Values team, i found out the prices were the values from 3 days ago that weren't out up till yesterday :p

i already said petal is still in catalog ,the rare furni in catalog value is till unbalance ,dont complain this ,not only 1 people are trading only .

BURN3LL
21-02-2005, 10:16 AM
init people are going mad raising petals to 2 hcs even tough there still in catalogue, its crazy :eusa_droo

doraemonkiller
21-02-2005, 11:19 AM
Right... "I think he got rip off" makes no sense.... But meh.

And I'm just telling you what is happening in most trade rooms. I spend a majority of my time in trade rooms, and I spend a lot of time on Habbo. MOST people offer/take 8 petals for a throne at the moment. Fact.

And the throne dropping rapidly? 1HC in a week doesn't seem too rapid to me.

I know that the rare values are supposed to be a guide only, but (unfortunately) to many it seems to be the bible of trading. It's a shame that it takes more than 3 brain cells to open your eyes in trade rooms and notice the going rates for yourself.

most people do / accept 1.5hcs for their petal .
they offer/take 8 petal for the throne because they need many petal and willing give profit for that mush .Not every habbo have more then 2 petal .so they dont want waste time and offer good for 8 petal .

Steve330
21-02-2005, 02:38 PM
As butcher11 said in his post, that value was set 3 days before it was actually updated on the page, they have gone up a lot since then.

People offer up to 2 hc for a petal, and no lower than 1.5. So the value we will give will be something like 1.6 as that's the average selling value.

No need to start getting rude at us :eusa_shhh

Bear-Max
21-02-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm not getting rude, I'm just telling the facts as they are. Your value(s) are wrong. Period.

Doraemon, I'd love to understand half of what you're going on about, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

As you said, most people offer/take 1.5 for 1 petal, yet your value remains at 1.3. Which makes you even harder to understand as you're now coming across hypocritically and you're only contradicting yourself.

Steve330
21-02-2005, 06:17 PM
im not contradicting myself. read what i said. those values are now 4 or 5 days old

micky.blue.eyes
21-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Petals are out of the cata now we will update the page ASAP soo problem solved (Think it will go up in value)

Ezzie.
21-02-2005, 06:39 PM
i wish they'd go down cos my habbo werne'yt working when petals were on for sale :(

nets
21-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Most people have been going around trade rooms tradeing for petals trying to get a floor full. As most people by now have a lot of petals, and they only need a few more to complete there floor thye will trade quickly e.g. they ask for 8 - 9 petals for there throne, when a while ago hardly any one had a lot of petals and they were looking for more petals per there throne.

And any way, if you dont like habbox values - dont use them.

Bear-Max
21-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Petals are still in the catalogue for me :S

And the values you have aren't that old Steve...

Steve330
21-02-2005, 07:24 PM
yes they are.

Butcher11
21-02-2005, 09:25 PM
I've seen people offering 2 hcs per petal :rolleyes:
ANd now people are giving 7 for a throne

doraemonkiller
22-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm not getting rude, I'm just telling the facts as they are. Your value(s) are wrong. Period.

Doraemon, I'd love to understand half of what you're going on about, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

As you said, most people offer/take 1.5 for 1 petal, yet your value remains at 1.3. Which makes you even harder to understand as you're now coming across hypocritically and you're only contradicting yourself.

1.3h is before 5 day value ,that time alot people accept 1hcs -1.5hc .
After that suddenly alot people offer 1.5hcs ,that means value is gonna be 1.6hcs .
you have to give us time to update friend .
we are not robot ,not offical staff ,no money for this job lol .
sometimes no time update ,have alot thing need to do

GommeInc
22-02-2005, 01:56 PM
doraemonkiller,

If Bear-Max thinks they are 'Wrong. Period.'

WHat does he think they should be?

Steve330
22-02-2005, 04:48 PM
He thinks they're wrong because it's impossible to give an exact value for any rare (except mochas are obviously .5 etc). The throne gets sold for 14, 14.5 and 15 hc, we cant give an exact value that everyone agrees with if theres a 1 hc range of values. But people voted against using range values when we put the poill on the page so we didnt use them.

The values are 5 or 6 days old now, so of course petal value is way out, but to be honest who cares?

Super rares are impossible to value. Things like orange paras sell for 3 thrones difference if u buy u can get one for 14t like me, and u can sell for 17t (i got offered this but it turned out she didnt want it so i sold for less). I think we should use a range value for the supers because no matter what we set it to only a few people will accept the value as correct, as our values can be thrones out of what people sell for.

Before i've tried to post the values at the upper end of the selling range, but not right at the top of the range. So the price we set are usually a bit above the average price but lower than the most u can get for them. But recently the values have been dropping so a lot of the values at the moment are above what u can sell them for.

Bear-Max
22-02-2005, 04:59 PM
The values are 5 or 6 days old now, so of course petal value is way out, but to be honest who cares?

The people that have to put up with "OMG NO! HABBOX SAYS 1.3 SO UR TRYIN 2 RIP ME OFF 0.2HC!!!!!" care.

micky.blue.eyes
22-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Here is something to explain it better:
Throne are like shares.
If like coca cola's shares go down the people lose money, if throes go down people lose furni. But there is one difference you made: You blaim us when the value goes down but nobody blaims coca cola when their shares go down because people know that's the risk and I think you people should wake up and know it is a risk to trade high value furni because the values change a lot!

Bear-Max
22-02-2005, 06:01 PM
But funnily enough you don't own Habbo. Coca Cola owns Coca Cola.

Otherwise it would work out that a 3rd party came in and decided to make a Share Trade Guide... And then every single little freaky share trading person decided to follow it.

I have a feeling that doesn't happen.

GommeInc
22-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Bear-Max, now you are getting petty, if you think you can do a better job,go ahead, be their guests.

micky.blue.eyes
22-02-2005, 06:44 PM
But funnily enough you don't own Habbo. Coca Cola owns Coca Cola.

Otherwise it would work out that a 3rd party came in and decided to make a Share Trade Guide... And then every single little freaky share trading person decided to follow it.

I have a feeling that doesn't happen.
OMG
people is he really this..........(fill in yourself :p )
If you think you can do better send us the rare values and you might get a job. and make a difference

GommeInc
22-02-2005, 08:18 PM
he wont you do realise, he is only doing this as he is bored

Bear-Max
22-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm not doing this because I'm bored lol.

In fact I am doing a better job - at a better site - which goes unnoticed by many unfortunately.

www.yourhabbo.co.uk provides much better values, and I help in establishing that.

Lee.Norman
22-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Those values are sooo similar.
especially the throne !
so wot are u complaining about.

GommeInc
22-02-2005, 10:21 PM
They're very similar, all he is doing is advertising,

Steve330
22-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Those values are infact pretty much exactly the same as ours, except u use range value which we would have used if the visitors to habbox didn't vote against it.

micky.blue.eyes
23-02-2005, 07:16 AM
You just took the same values but you ranged it a bit but you took values under our value so what's the point?? I mean people complain here about the low values and your range only makes it lower lol

doraemonkiller
23-02-2005, 07:54 AM
The people that have to put up with "OMG NO! HABBOX SAYS 1.3 SO UR TRYIN 2 RIP ME OFF 0.2HC!!!!!" care.

then dont trade him then ,u can find another seller or just pay him more

Bear-Max
23-02-2005, 05:38 PM
How can you say that the prices are the same?

And when have I said ALL prices were wrong?

There are some stark differences - for instance the petal is much higher; and supers are very different compared to the prices on Habbox.

The whole point of my post - and the reason I said the values were better is because they're ranged.

BlueTails
23-02-2005, 07:52 PM
similar, he never copied tho

jesus
05-03-2005, 05:44 PM
WE just look on waht goes on in trade rooms and report that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!