PDA

View Full Version : Lol

Victimized
08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Looks like we will have a new edition to European International football by next year.
Gibraltar have won their case in court to decide whether they can be a national football team.
This has angered many football fans across the globe because people think countries such as Andorra, San Marino and Liechtenstein are not fit enough to compete in International Football.
Gibraltar will be the smallest European footballing nation, as the country is in only four square-miles long.

Anyway what do you think about this and smaller countries competing?

brapbrap
08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Didnt spain threaten to Quit if Gibraltar got in?

Acidulantes
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
lol I think if you have a country like italy, with a country inside it, and the small country wants to make an international team, that team should have to prove themselves by working their way up through the big countries divisions... then if they got into or won the top league, they can become an international team. but then sell all their foreign players lol... This would stop all the bigger countries getting annoyed about all these cruddy countries trying to be international teams. I mean you'd know san marino would stand no chance again AC or Inter...

Victimized
08-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes, Spain have opposed it for ages and were thinking of pulling out.

EDIT: Or they can have a knock-out stage before the European Championships start. Teams like San Marino, Liechtenstein, Luxemborg etc

Jacketh
08-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I think its only fair, 4 square miles though, they're going to go far =X?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!