PDA

View Full Version : Drama GCSE

Mitch4?
08-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Lmao, so right. There was 25 of us in our GCSE drama class today, miss told us about all the coursework. And that how it's the biggest subject. Theres so much coursework.

I'm like fine because i like drama and want a GCSE in it. And everyones like OMGZ I CNT DO DAT I ONLY TOOK IT FOR N EASY RYD

Then after the lesson 9 people asked to move. So our class now has 16 people in <3 They were allowed to move to anything in that pool. That's how we selected our subjects in pool. Most of them chose business studies LMAO Which is like really hard too

Nemo
08-09-2006, 10:01 PM
lol why take an easy subject:rolleyes: wen im there in quite a few years... i iwill probz take business studies and IT and sumin else :P

JoeComins
08-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Most of them chose business studies LMAO Which is like really hard too
My mother use to work as an assistant in a secondary school. Everyone who is "dim" takes business studies, and gets a very high school very easily. Its an easy option apparently

ive been avaoiding drama for 3 years . . . .

WHANGFACE
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
My mother use to work as an assistant in a secondary school. Everyone who is "dim" takes business studies, and gets a very high school very easily. Its an easy option apparently

I took business studies... :rolleyes:

I was gunna do Drama instead of German but we have to appear in the school production and I got stage freight, so big nono ;x

Mitch4?
08-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I took drama because i can act, and i like to preform. I like the buzz of being nervous <3

Business studies is the only GCSE my sister got below a C in. She got an E
lmao.

Lindzi
08-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Lol I would've thought Drama would be hard anyway.:P

Uwe
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
lol why take an easy subject:rolleyes: wen im there in quite a few years... i iwill probz take business studies and IT and sumin else :P

Drama isn't easy.
I do GCSE Drama, the first year is just games ect, maybe a few improvisations ect. but this year [we've been back to school for 3 days] we've allready started out coursework, we get video'd ect. It's alot harder then people think. Acting isn't just pretending to be someone else. You have to try and feel like the person your impersonating or your who act just falls apart. Anyway, Drama is a hard subject but its fun :)

iluvben
09-09-2006, 11:25 AM
business studies is easy as hell

Nemo
09-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Drama isn't easy.
I do GCSE Drama, the first year is just games ect, maybe a few improvisations ect. but this year [we've been back to school for 3 days] we've allready started out coursework, we get video'd ect. It's alot harder then people think. Acting isn't just pretending to be someone else. You have to try and feel like the person your impersonating or your who act just falls apart. Anyway, Drama is a hard subject but its fun :)
i wasnt really saying that, coz he sed it was, i did... coz im no where near that part yet so... i had no clue :)

Eamonn
09-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I am doing Drama GCSE but I havn't had a lesson yet was meant to yesterday but we had to stay in are forms (ew) an those nine people are very stupid , didn't they read the infomation on each subject which says how much coursework ect.. goes to the final grade and that ''/

Jacketh
09-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Im in my second year of GCSE drama (year 11), and trust me it is no "easy" GCSE. Its actually one of the hardest. The coursework isn't hard, but theres alot of it, its the exam that gets people though. 2 essays in 2 hours =X.

But i enjoy it, and its my favourite subject :)

Angel-Light
09-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Standard Grade Drama is a little different to GCSE Drama but works at a same level. We had several topics to learn (Mime, Stage Management, Costume etc..) then we got a mini test on it. Then we had about 3 essays to write up, 2 prelims (1 acting, 1 writing) then do more work and finally have the proper final exam. An improvisation made up by your group which we done in 6 weeks and then 2 writing papers which were similar to an essay.

The marking scheme is a little weird.. We got marked all the time for Creating & Presenting, Teamwork and Knowledge and Understanding. On a whole Drama (whether GCSE, Standard Grade or Higher) is enjoyable but very hard.

Fomas
09-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I did Drama when i did my GCSE's
I loved it, but High schools idea about drama and theatre and stuff is a bit messy.
I realised this because im taking it in college and it make so much more sense.

Drama is not an easy ride. And it is a very important subject.
It boosts your confidence so much!

Drama ties in with pretty much every job these days.

Jacketh
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
I did Drama when i did my GCSE's

I loved it, but High schools idea about drama and theatre and stuff is a bit messy.
I realised this because im taking it in college and it make so much more sense.

Drama is not an easy ride. And it is a very important subject.
It boosts your confidence so much!

Drama ties in with pretty much every job these days.

Yeah its a really god one to have nowadays. Confidence is a big thing.

Frodo13.
12-09-2006, 04:59 PM

I took Business and its not easy. Theres lots involved and lots to remember.

I took Drama too and yes, it is difficult but I've stuck too it because I enjoy it.

FootballTouch
15-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm taking drama GSCE aswell. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!