PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists he has no plans of retiring any t

CokeZero
16-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists he has no plans of retiring any time soon.
The 64-year-old is approaching his 20th year at the Old Trafford helm, after famously U-turning on his decision to quit after missing out on the UEFA Champions League in 2002.
United have missed out on the Premiership title for the past three seasons and had looked to have been displaced by Chelsea as the top club in English football.
But suggestions that he could step down if there were to be another barren year for The Reds have been laughed off by the fiery Scot.
"Retirement? You must be joking, especially when you consider that the alternative is to stay home with that wife of mine," Ferguson told the Scotsman.
"Cathy says if I retire, she is heading back to Glasgow."
With a perfect start so far to the new campaign, United top the Premiership table after four games and have made a winning start to their European dream as well.
The manager, who moved south of the border from Aberdeen in 1986, says he is intrinsically linked to the club, and is still as motivated to succeed as ever.
"At a club like this, the enthusiasm never dims," he added.
"I am lucky I have United as a kind of anchor.
"I can't be part-time here or take it easy. It is such a big club, if you weren't in control, if you weren't seen to be there all the time, I think it could wobble a bit." Ferguson will hope to keep up the winning start against his old foe Arsene Wenger on Sunday, in United's biggest test yet at home to Arsenal live on Sky Sports 1

Courtesy of Sky Sports

brandon
16-09-2006, 11:41 AM
That's cool :)

Want me to rename your thread title so it makes sence?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!