PDA

View Full Version : Terry Venables eyes Scholes Back on Scene

CokeZero
17-09-2006, 10:13 AM
The Manchester United schemer called time on his international career back after Euro 2004 having secured 66 caps for his country.
However, after recovering from an eye injury last term, Scholes is now back to his best for United, leading some to believe he could still do a job for England.
Venables is a huge admirer of The Red Devils playmaker and is hoping he could be tempted to turn out for Steve McClaren's side.
"People say he has determined to retire from international football for good, but I hope he will change his mind," Venables told the News of the World.
"He is the best one or two-touch passers in the country. He sees the game unlike any other players."
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has praise for Scholes' current form and the Scottish tactician believes at 31, he is now an even better player.
"At 31, his experience is starting to show through. He has an awareness around the box which is better than most players," said Ferguson. "For a time last season we were worried because there was no progress in relation to Paul's eye. Then, suddenly, towards the end of April, it just started to get better and he was able to play the second half of the final game against Charlton.

"It is great news because he has fantastic ability. Now he is approaching the golden years of his career, hopefully the next couple of seasons will be a peak time for him."
Meanwhile, rejuvenated striker Old Gunnar Solskjaer is not surprised by his success this term and he always believed he would one day recapture his United form.
The Norwegian ace virtually missed the last two seasons of football due to injury, but is now nearer his best following his midweek UEFA Champions League winner against Celtic.
Solskjaer always believed he would return for The Red Devils and is delighted he has been able to repay the club and its staff for their belief and patience in him.
"People say I must be unable to believe what is happening this season - but I do believe it because I have set realistic targets along the way," said Solskjaer.
"I never gave in. With the patience the gaffer, the staff and the players have shown in me it was just a matter of time before I came back.
"Sometimes you have bad days, but I've always had the belief I can get back to contributing to this squad and that's what I intend to do."
Meanwhile, Ferguson has revealed his surprise that John Terry made it into Fifa's 23-man World Cup All-Star squad when United's Rio Ferdinand did not.
"How John Terry got in front of Rio amazes me," revealed the Scot. "Rio had a fantastic season and a great World Cup. I think he was England's best player in Germany and most people would agree."

Chaz
17-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Your copy and paste skills cease to amaze me ;D

Azul
17-09-2006, 10:14 AM
still an awesome player, but he is too old and there is no room for him in the team. He might get his chance though, now hargreaves has a suspected broken leg.

brapbrap
17-09-2006, 10:17 AM
STOP POSTING EVERYTHING Coke-zero, if we want to see it, we'll go on skysports.

Its not as if your putting your own comments.

Brandon! (Forum Moderator) Please Stay on Topic

CokeZero
17-09-2006, 10:23 AM
scouse ur goin way off topic plus ur a scouser so i'm gonna ignore ya

Brandon! (Forum Moderator) Please Stay On Topic

brapbrap
17-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Your a racist manc.

Brandon! (Forum Moderator) Please stay on Topic

:Hazel
18-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Manu will be glad to have Scoles back but I doubt he will play for England again tbh.

J4M1E.
19-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Hes to old now hes an amazing player but few years he will be playing for championship team!

Not England Material

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!