PDA

View Full Version : When and how did you find habbo?

A-K
26-06-2004, 08:47 PM
My friend told me about Habbo in early 2003 but I couldn't get onto it for some strange reason. The sulake bar never used to load. But then in June 2003 I got on :) And registerd.

So I have now been on habbo for just over a year :D

GELHEAD2004
26-06-2004, 08:51 PM
my m8 told me in school in - late december 2003 - i was walking around with the name GELHEAD2004 in 2003 like a n00b lol ive been playing for anround 8-9 months now

:Illusion
26-06-2004, 08:51 PM
I heard about if from a friend not long after it opened, but i got bored after a few days, quit, came back in 2003, been addicted since :p

GELHEAD2004
26-06-2004, 08:59 PM
yer i heard alot of people registered when it opened got bored and came back a few years later lol and are now addicted LMAO!

Moose
26-06-2004, 10:11 PM
It was in a yahoo chat in the end of 2002 this kid was like "Hey i need furni for habbo all i need is ur pass, ill pay u bak" since i didnt noe what he ment i was like ok.... and i asked him "whats habbo" he gave me the addy got on it and been on it ever since :)

NOBLE-MAN
27-06-2004, 09:50 AM
lol these 2 lads in my class were talkin about it so i decided to have a look
at first i didnt know wat to do and i though that the public rooms were the only rooms u could go in and i couldnt get in any so i just left it.
im not sure wat made me go on it but i did and now im hooked :p

AngelDude2
27-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I was Bored So i searched the word habbo on google.com (i don't know how i thought of the word) and i found the hotel! :) Thank You for listening to my exciting and long story :)

hone1
27-06-2004, 12:34 PM
i found out by my mate i was on msn and he said "go on habbohotel it great " i was like o..k i will what is it he says "a chat room".I thought i wouldnt like it but to my own surprise i LOVED it:).I started habbo june 2003 i think:S

AngelDude2
27-06-2004, 12:35 PM
i found out by my mate i was on msn and he said "go on habbohotel it great " i was like o..k i will what is it he says "a chat room".I thought i wouldnt like it but to my own surprise i LOVED it:).I started habbo june 2003 i think:S
ur story is better than mine i love habbo too its a hotel of happiness

hone1
27-06-2004, 12:52 PM
at least u found habbo:)in the end:)

AngelDude2
27-06-2004, 07:10 PM
at least u found habbo:)in the end:)
I sounded so mad there didn't I?

EDITED by Arcanum - Forum Moderator

Please stay on topic

Ryo
28-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Well in the fall of 2002 in computer class my friend told me about since we had time in it since we got finished early and have been addicted ever since...and still have the same name haha.. almost three years...dang i never knew ive been on for that long hahaha

A-K
28-06-2004, 07:59 AM
lol these 2 lads in my class were talkin about it so i decided to have a look
at first i didnt know wat to do and i though that the public rooms were the only rooms u could go in

lol exact same to me, When I first started Habbo I only went in the Public Rooms beacuse I had no idea that the Guest rooms exsisted. About a few weeks later I discoverd the Guest rooms. lol

Serapth
28-06-2004, 11:08 AM
I was told about habbo by a freind in 2001, used to go on quite a bit, then had a break. Dont get on habbo as much as i would like to these days but hehe, ill live :)

Yoshi132045
28-06-2004, 02:35 PM
I found out about habbo from my friend and he invited me to join, so i did, and this was back in October 2003. When i joined, i didnt know that much and didnt take a very high interest, Just active on there, had a job (now the owner has moved on) but i have a new job now at a help center.

Anyway, 8 months on... I love habbo loads and know much more, all the habbo staff and all the hobbas. Habbo is much more interesting now with loads of friends and me being in habbo club.

Im glad i was invited to habbo.

Mizki
28-06-2004, 03:34 PM
I saw an add in the magazine - I thought it looked really child-ish and boring and odd and weird - so I thought I'd try it. :D

I remember walking a few public rooms - noone would speak to me :eusa_booh

So I left - then my friend - the lovely Sierk, told me about it and so I rejoined - met some great people and I'm still there now :)

ted-crilley
29-06-2004, 02:19 PM
I started on habbo last year. my friends had been trying to get me on it for ages but i sed no and thought it looked boring then my friends pc broke so he asked me to sort some stuff out on there for him and i got addicted. although within the first day i had had around 20 different jobs lol but never got paid once!!

TheBomb1234
30-06-2004, 07:06 AM
i slepted over my cuzins house.his freind came over they started talking about it.so they decided to get on.When i saw them playing i was like wow this is fun(We wouild dress up like girls and walking around messed with otha boys:) ). So i got bored and quit first 2 weeks. Next year i was super bored all my other games where bored (counterstrike starcraft diablo2 warcraft).so i decided to go back on see whats happening when i got back on i was hooked.here i am now not beging any more :D

Concentric
30-06-2004, 04:54 PM
my sister and her friend use to play it loads and me and my friends thought it was pants, but then i went on and kinda liked it. my friends still think im sad, but i like it :p

Butcher11
30-06-2004, 05:06 PM
My first name dtpb13, I came right after the Ione presents, (luckily my mate gave me her anyway lol), then it was stupid, I came on like once a week, but later when I found it about it being popular I came back and have been on since.
I came on when my mate told me it was fun

Gamaya
02-07-2004, 04:39 PM
my first habbo (Tho-Fis) had been there since the BEGINNING.
http://www.wowwebdesigns.com/designs/images/habbo_hotel.gif
this is a screenie of the original habbo when it was BETA testing. I've been there since the beginning, basically. My new habbo hasn't been around too long, a few months maybe.

lauralol
02-07-2004, 05:06 PM
OMG! I cant believe this! I just now spent about 20 mins writing out my habbo story, and it has too many images in when I only had about 5 smilies :mad: I'm not typing it out again, Grrrrrrrrr!

EDITED by Arcanum - Forum Moderator

You have broken the forum rules, please stay on topic in future posts.

Spectaculer
09-07-2004, 05:42 AM
I found out from my bro who found out from a friend who found out from a friend who found out from a friend.....im like how did he kno about habbo? n i started about one month after Ione's birthday when she gave out the presents. I had no idea wat habbo was and wat it was used for until 1-2 yrs ago ^_^ it was funny cos i went on there for about 2 weeks and got bored and i only had a duck wich i won from a race room. I left after my first 2 weeks, went bak on about a week later then left about 3-5 months later and came bak on last july lol

:-mark-:04
11-07-2004, 04:21 PM
My m8 told me about it in january 2004

Kirk
12-07-2004, 03:29 AM
I found out about it from my best friend about 2 months after it was realised. I went on quite a bit, then me and my friend started to make our own one, called Unknown Space Station, I guess we did do pretty well for 12 year olds, but it never opened. Now we are 14, and we both go on Habbo a bit still, he works for the same chat service as me, I work as a designer and he's Head Programmer. :P

liam-is-cool
15-07-2004, 03:28 PM
My friend told me about Habbo in early 2003 but I couldn't get onto it for some strange reason. The sulake bar never used to load. But then in June 2003 I got on :) And registerd.

So I have now been on habbo for just over a year :D

well i was tlk 2 a mate jan-feb 2003 on msn n i sed "wot u doin"
n he sed "on habbo" n cos i didnt no wot he ment i just ignord him
then the next day i askd him agen n he sed the same so i started 2 think wot is the habbo so i asked him and he sed its a chat room wer u can walk about n i was confused about this so i went on it 2 av a look n cos i didnt no how
2 go into any thing but public room i got bord n then wen i askd him wer he was he told me all about guest rooms so then i started 2 like habbo a bit more so i get credits and got some ok furni n then i got scammed n lost it all so i just keepd goin on n started 2 get more furni and i was allways carefull not 2 get scammed again n i neva did

Chanel87
20-07-2004, 09:16 PM
there was an article in a girls mag about 2 years ago. i joined up straight away it looked so kool. :$

Ballistik
21-07-2004, 01:19 AM
im kinda new to habbo, like 4 months only, my sister told me about it, but she does'nt go on it anymore because she says she got tired of it :( but I love habbo, wonder why she got bored of it :s

F1L73R
21-07-2004, 01:22 AM
I was mainly a coke goes back then until a m8 told me about habbo so i thought id look it up i thought that it was a bit weird lookin cuz i was new to the new site but once i got used to it i found out it had much more to offer than coke so i fell in love with habbo also.. that was lil over 2 years ago now im a coke and habbo gaming expert :D

dj-ice-age
02-08-2004, 10:36 PM
i found out by ma friend at school he was sellin his account and gave it 2 me for a pen sukker :p

Arcanum
10-08-2004, 04:05 AM
A friend told me about it :D I was a newbie then and didn't know what rares were :p I'm addicted for life I reckon :p I might move to London and work for Habbo! :D

c5545347
10-08-2004, 02:55 PM
A friend from cokemusic had me come there when cokemusic goes offline. When I got on habbo, i was like "WHAT!? YOU NEED TO PAY REAL MONEY FOR FURNIS!?" so i didn't come on Habbo for around 2 years. I got back on Habbo again cause Cokemusic lost variety interest and user friendly options. So technically i started in December

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!