PDA

View Full Version : Sixth form & College

RbarisR
30-09-2006, 12:36 PM
What is the difference between sixth form and college as next year ill be finishing high school and some of my mates wana go sixth form and some college, but i dont see the difference, can someone explane please.

Note: this is in england

You
30-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Depends on the school / college you choose?

Rules will change, one may have more features than the other ect..

Dan2nd
01-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Well all my mates went to sixth form and they have a stupid dress code and they're not aloud to leave the school until 1.00pm they also have to call the teachers sir/miss

I went to college we don't have a dress code we come and go as we please ( as long as we go to lessons) and we call the teachers by their names for example I call my tutor Mike :) hope that helps

GommeInc
01-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I go to a Sixth Form College... I never really knew there was a difference? Maybe a college is an educational facility that has a major and minor, while a sixth form is a place like school but with A levels?

Lubricant
01-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I went to college and I think it's better than sixth form. Lecturers were more laid back and at school, it goes by a timetable so everyone has a lesson at the same time. At college, classes are at loads of different times.

Dan2nd
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I also think college made me grow up alot more when I've seen my friends who are in the sixth form they seem very immature and when i hear about what they do at their break times they still do stupid things that we did in year 7 I'm not saying everyone whos in sixth form are like this I'm just telling you what i've noticed :)

Lubricant
01-10-2006, 05:44 PM
I also think college made me grow up alot more when I've seen my friends who are in the sixth form they seem very immature and when i hear about what they do at their break times they still do stupid things that we did in year 7 I'm not saying everyone whos in sixth form are like this I'm just telling you what i've noticed :)

I agree.

They treat you as adults at college and the ages in classes are mixed.

Mentor
01-10-2006, 06:27 PM
There the same thing over here, sixthform collage gets its name becuse it handles yr 12-13, more often just year 1 and 2, unless the sixth form collage is attached to a secondary school.
Collage is though sometimes used interchangably with univerity which you can blaime america for.

allykin
01-10-2006, 07:34 PM
i wanna do 6form, not jus cus all my friends r doin it but id like to do 5form not that theres a difference but it seems me my sis did it and shes got the same type as me and 2 of my other sisters and r so alike and they went college.
not just cus of that tho lol. id like to do 6form ;)

chilloutrich
01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
A SIXTHFORM IS MUCH MORE FORMAL THAN COLLEGE, YOU HAVE TEACHERS THAT CHASE YOU UP FOR WORK AND SO ON. COLLEGE IS LAID BACK AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU LIKE. YOUR HAVE TEACHERS BUT THEY DONT CHASE YOU UP FOR WORK ETC. :):) hope this helps

Dan2nd
01-10-2006, 09:28 PM
A SIXTHFORM IS MUCH MORE FORMAL THAN COLLEGE, YOU HAVE TEACHERS THAT CHASE YOU UP FOR WORK AND SO ON. COLLEGE IS LAID BACK AND YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU LIKE. YOUR HAVE TEACHERS BUT THEY DONT CHASE YOU UP FOR WORK ETC. :):) hope this helps

if you were being sarcastic :eusa_clap

if you wern't thats not true at college if you don't do the work you get chucked out end of !

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!