PDA

View Full Version : MLb fans

Butcher11
30-07-2004, 01:27 PM
ANyone follow MLB, if so, what's your favorite team?
I'm a diehard Red Sox fan

ShadowSam19
30-07-2004, 03:20 PM
well, i live like across the state from seattle, so i m a fan of them, but this season they stink, i mean, 2 seasons ago they 116 games, and now they are terrible,. wats up with that :s

Sabra
05-08-2004, 04:10 PM
The Brewers

Fireswords
08-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Ive loved the Cubs my WHOLE life and I will always love them!Butcher11 Cubs got your star player baby!
The best world series would be Cubs and Red Sox without doubt!

Butcher11
10-08-2004, 03:07 AM
You can have Nomah, we all know he's going to be a Yankee next year anyway lol. But god I'd hate to lose to you guys in a World Series, though at least one of the curses would break.
Pinkie- poor Brewers :( I just saw them lose to the Marlins the other day
Shadow- I feel your pain, they're probably the worst in the leage :eusa_booh

Fireswords
10-08-2004, 03:34 AM
Nomar will be there for a few more years don't worry :D You can't quite tell right now coz he just got there lol
And the Expos are the worst team in baseball itself lol and everyone can agree with that right? lol
And yes the curse would have to be broken one way or another lol

And another thing about him going to the Yankees why would he go there when theu have a awesome shortstop? He can't play anywhere else on the diamond lol

Butcher11
10-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh I love the Expos lol, yeah they're very bad. And about Nomar, the Yankees need a second baseman, and they can offer the most money. :( Maybe not though.

Fireswords
11-08-2004, 06:59 PM
ShadowSam Bad news m8....Edgar Martinez is retiring! Thats never good :(
And Nomar Can't play second, shortstop is very different from second Ive played both and they both have some challenges, but if they did do that they would have the BEST infield in the MLB without doubt lol

Butcher11
11-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Nomar can play second though, he did a few times last year, and he wasn't that abd. And poor Edgar retiring, but I guess he's too old anyway.

Fireswords
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Edgar may be old but he can still knock the heck out of the ball

joeymarshmallo
30-08-2004, 03:29 AM
I'm in Wisconsin so I have to say the brewers, but they are pretty good, they got a rookie pitcher capuano whos doing well, and they have the lowest payroll in the MLB, but they aren't the worst team :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Butcher11
30-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Getting rid of Sexson helped them alot, Overbay is doing good, but that Capuano, I went to Florida to see him pitch, and he was rocked. Sheets is good, but I think the fact he's a strikeout pitcher makes him overrated. And Davis is doing well also.

Da-Weasel
30-08-2004, 05:20 PM
cubs without an doubt!!!
come on u cubs!!!!

nvrspk4
30-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Im from NJ so for meh YANKEES ALL THE WAY!!! I hate Steinbrenner tho...

Butcher11
30-08-2004, 11:06 PM
The thing I don't understand about Yankee fans is the fact that lot of them hate Torre, and Steinbrenner, when they're arguably the best Manager/owner in baseball. I think Brian Cashman is overrated, and their pitching is suspect at best this year. Still you have a great lineup, and though I'm a Red Sox fan, you're still my pick to win AL.

nvrspk4
30-08-2004, 11:55 PM
The thing I don't understand about Yankee fans is the fact that lot of them hate Torre, and Steinbrenner, when they're arguably the best Manager/owner in baseball. I think Brian Cashman is overrated, and their pitching is suspect at best this year. Still you have a great lineup, and though I'm a Red Sox fan, you're still my pick to win AL.

#1 Thats a good sport rite there.
#2 Who Sez alot of Yankee Fans hate Torre? The loyal ones dont.
#3 We Hate Steinbrenner cos he does the stupid stuff and Cashman does the smart stuff
#4 Steinie only looks good cos he throws in the money for players.

We do have gd and sportsmanlike players and sportmanship is an important thing. (Butcher has it who else does?)

Butcher11
31-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Listen, Brian Cashman isn't a smart GM. I read the book Moneyball, and what Billy Beane does is amazing. Any GM(Brian Cashman) can get a winning team on the field with 210 million dollar payroll, because you can buy what you want. If you had a smart GM, you could buy the same team, for say 150 million. And without Steinbrenner's money, you'd never be anywhere nea you are now. He's the best Owner in sports, because he has the most, but is also smart too. And I went to New York and so many Yankee fans were calling in on this radio show to say Torre ought to be gone. He won you 4!! Championships!!! Lmao Sportsmanship, let's not even get into that lol. Not getting into the whole A-Rod Varitek fight, 'Tek should've took off his mask, but A-Rod should've gone to first.

nvrspk4
31-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Listen, Brian Cashman isn't a smart GM. I read the book Moneyball, and what Billy Beane does is amazing. Any GM(Brian Cashman) can get a winning team on the field with 210 million dollar payroll, because you can buy what you want. If you had a smart GM, you could buy the same team, for say 150 million. And without Steinbrenner's money, you'd never be anywhere nea you are now. He's the best Owner in sports, because he has the most, but is also smart too. And I went to New York and so many Yankee fans were calling in on this radio show to say Torre ought to be gone. He won you 4!! Championships!!! Lmao Sportsmanship, let's not even get into that lol. Not getting into the whole A-Rod Varitek fight, 'Tek should've took off his mask, but A-Rod should've gone to first.

well with A Rod Varitek it started b tween pitcher and all then Varitek started insulting A Rod and shoved him and A Rod fought bak. Al Stenie does is have money, no brains. Cashman is the 1 who makes those decisions that u think Stenie makes. And we dont want Joe gone! He's the best manager ever! At the time he mustve done somthing wrong. New Yorkers have short fuse tempers just like other baseball fans. Im a New Jersyan tho and we have Longer fuses :D Billy Beane was amazing tho...

Butcher11
01-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Cashman doesnt do anything except buy the players lol. And I'm a HUGE Billy Beane Fan. And about the incident brawl, A-Rod should've just took the base. Anyway tough loss last night, huh?

nvrspk4
02-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Cashman doesnt do anything except buy the players lol. And I'm a HUGE Billy Beane Fan. And about the incident brawl, A-Rod should've just took the base. Anyway tough loss last night, huh?

Billy Beane was the best and yea it was a tough loss :( but wot wud u do if u were shoved and insulted? it was instinctive. and Brian makes it and Steinie buys it u kinda got it mixed up. I dunno if thats wut every1 thinks.

Fireswords
02-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Da-Weasel, yea GO CUBS!
Wooooo!
You Rock mate!

Butcher11
03-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Sox just swept the Angels, wild card looking good, and that divison ain't so far away :)
And Cubs are tied for Wild-Card right?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!