PDA

View Full Version : Z For Zachariah - GCSE Help Please

Sentrax
22-10-2006, 04:43 PM
We're doing this book in school for GCSE. We're doing this isnetad of 'Of Mice And Men'.
I've really enjoyed the book, one of the best I have ever read, but now I have until after the Christmas holidays to write an empathy piece about the main character. There are only two characters who stick with us through the entire book.

Ann Burden - The only woman left on earth
John Loomis - The only man left on earth

And one anti-radiation suit, so they cant go out of the little village without it, beause everywhere else on earth is dead with radiation. So only one person can leave.

What I want you guys to help me with, is to say in a few words how you would feel if you were in that situation. I think your posts will inspire me! It would help if someone else who has read it came along. =)

I won't tell you the ending because that would spoil your perspective on the situation.

I look forward to Nixt's response, he's usually good at this kind of thing. =P

Thanks in advance.

Mentor
22-10-2006, 04:50 PM
If theres 2 people left on earth, in one place. and they have one radiation sute?

Why the hell would ether of them want to leave, if the rest of the world is dead? wouldnt they much rather stick together?? where they are?

Jesus-Egg
22-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, there are three choices:
- Die from radiation poisoning due to drinking contaminated water
- Die of dehydration
- Commit suicide

Out of those options, I would be inclined towards the third one.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!