PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why?!?!

sl4rt is banned
24-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Well yeh i dunna i any off you know but we get players and we "make them"

eg: Marlon King ledgend had him the longest helped him through his career [hehe]

and i heard bout this long time ago but first time i saw on a website other than gills site

Now one of our best players young matty jarvis has two top teams chasing after him

taken from http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s538/st104899.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premiership big boys Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are after the signature of Gillingham start Matty Jarvis. Matty Jarvis is Gillingham's joint top goalscorer this season with three goals and his contract runs out at the end of this season.
A national newspaper claims that the London duo are keen in adding the pacey winger to their sides, and it looks like every Gills fan's nightmare of losing Jarvis will become a reality.

Ever since he made his senior debut for the Gills, every Gills fan knew that he was Premiership bound. Jarvis, 20, was a product of Gillingham's (http://www.sportnetwork.net/#) youth academy and signed his first profesional contract in May 2004 - which expires the end of this season. Jarvis has scored eleven goals for Gillingham and won 'Young Player of the Year' and 'Goal of the Season' last year.

Fan's favourite Matty Jarvis who has his name chanted at nearly every game he plays wouldn't leave for nothing though should he leave the club when his contract expires. As he is under 24, a tribunial shall decide on how much the Gills shall recieve in compensation for losing their star man.

I hope he doesnt leave :'(

paul♥
24-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Thats football for you.

sl4rt is banned
24-10-2006, 09:22 PM
yeh but still its a big :'(

:p

paul♥
24-10-2006, 09:23 PM
yeh but still its a big :'(

:p

Yeah lol, i suppose i know how your feeling, my heart was broken when David Beckham left Man Utd for Madrid.

fetish
24-10-2006, 09:25 PM
ew luton do that. so many players start at luton then move to bigger teams ie

john hartson
matthew upson
matthew taylor
curtis davies

sl4rt is banned
24-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Omg i just read this article which is disturbing :

There are many rumours flying this week and we have most of them covered in the Rumour Mill. The main talking point is the rumour coming out of London claiming that since Simon Jordan took over Selhurt Park, Paul Scally and himslef are negotiating a ground share.

Jordan and Scally negotiate groundshare of Selhurst Park

Since Simon Jordan has bought the freehold of Selhurst Park himself and Paul Scally are negotiating a possible ground share of Palaces' stadium. Both sets of supporters have said how the hope the deal doesn't go ahead , especially Gills fans who would be forced to travel to London to watch the KENT side play.

Jarvis attracting even more interest

Gillingham star Matty Jarvis has attracted more Premiership interest. Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Manchester UTD are now interested in the pacey midfielder and striker.

Tommy Black deal off

Rumours were building that Tommy Black would re-sign for the Gills but it seems that Jepson has chosen to not go for the midfielder who is struggling to play reserve games for Palace.

YellowParasol
24-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Happened to Peterborough, example:

Leon McKenzie from Peterborough to Norwich to Coventry
Adam Drury from Peterborough to Norwich
David Seaman from Peterborough to Arsenal :o biggest move
Jimmy Bullard from Peterborough to Wigan to Fulham
Matthew Etherington from Peterborough to Tottenham to West Ham
Simon Davis from Peterborough to Tottenham to Everton
Sean St Ledger from Peterborough to Preston North End (not so much of a big move)

there's more but cant be bothered to name them

sl4rt is banned
24-10-2006, 09:49 PM
what kind of name is that last one hehe

YellowParasol
24-10-2006, 09:52 PM
dunno ;o he was 1 of our best defenders, got £250,000 for him plus add ons that we are still recieving

edible
24-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Bad example meh.

Rooney - Everton - Man Utd!

What makes me mad is him saying - I started at man utd..

I HATE HIM! I COULD SWEAR

SHEEPY_luvs_u
24-10-2006, 10:47 PM
he did start at man u in a sense, he wasn't going anywhere at everton.

Jamie!
24-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Aye its annoying that, hardly any players at lower league clubs have no loyalty.

We've produced the likes of Rory Delap, Matt Jansen, Scott Dobie and that. Also, got players careers back on track like Michael Bridges.

:Hazel
25-10-2006, 11:38 AM
When big clubs come knocking they always win because every player wants to play at the top level. Smaller clubs never have a chance.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!