PDA

View Full Version : Forum problems

8Freak8
03-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Howdy!

The cause of the forum errors is basically because the server clock jumped forwards by 12 hours due to a cPanel error (not our fault I must add!), so people were posting 12 hours "in the future".

The clock then got put back to current time by someone (probably our server providors) fixing the server clock.

This means that posts posted now are going to the start of any threads created during the clock error, because the forum "thinks" they are older because the clock went back.

The same applies for PMs.

The search system should now be fixed, and the "users online" should also be fixed (people who were online during the glitch weren't dissapearing from it).

Posts and threads will still be a bit dodgey if you post in any threads created on the 4th November at around 3am, 4am. This should sort itself out by tommorow morning (once that time has gone past and everything is in order again).

There should be no glitches if you post in new threads.

Hope I haven't confused you!

Thanks, 8Freak8
(Only been an Admin for 1 day and look how clever I am)

---MAD---
03-11-2006, 06:25 PM
There was also a problem of people being online continuously because of the time change.

If you have a vBulletin forum yourself and this has happened please run the following queries on your forum to solve the problem if you don't run a vbulletin forum, check your database and see which tables store the session and search information, they might be the same as vBulletin:

TRUNCATE session;

The same with the search:

TRUNCATE search;

If you have any PMs that are annoying you because of the time mess up, I suggest you delete them or simply wait till tomorrow and it will all be over :D.
Enjoy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!