PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Articles - Is it just writer's who can write? :(

jinxii
01-08-2004, 03:18 PM
The lack of writing jobs available on Habbox.com means that only a few people get to have anything put on the site!

I have loads of good ideas for articles and as a wannabe journalist I'd love to see my work get put on the site.

However, there is nowhere to put it! I can't even send in a piece because there are no jobs available - what to do?

jd25
02-08-2004, 12:14 AM
If you would like you can go to the ask a habbox staff member then post under my forum where it says article ideas i'll give you credit for your work or if you just leave ideas i'll still give you credit or you can pm them to me so no one will see it until it goes on to the site but you don't have to do this if you don't want just a suggestion

jinxii
02-08-2004, 01:22 PM
I've already posted under properclone's forum before I had read this.

I didn't really get what you said above - credit for ideas - is that someone else writing the article?

Jin
02-08-2004, 05:55 PM
by that he means he will mention that the article idea came from you like in my article it says that "i thank beggie for the tip-off on where the scripted furni was." so i gave him credit because he helped me jd25 will do the same thing as me if you have an idea for an article

Brother Ryan
02-08-2004, 07:25 PM
You know Habbo Hotel makes alot of money through credit hotlines?

I think they should spend money on a new program that stops scripting, my friend owns a site, i shall keep it annonymous, and he put a special program on it that should come when you buy a server. Habbo might have one but they haven't updated it, I know many people who have been hacked, so I think Habbo should update its internet protection to stop people fromn hacking.

Edited By Jd25* Plz stick to the original topic and if you would like to post about another topic please post a new thread

lauralol
02-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I know I'm not a moderator, and if I was I would edit your post, but Brother Ryan please don't post unless your post actually has something to do with that thread. I know you're new, so try reading the forum rules :)

Edited By Jd25* Please as tempting as it is do not post warning other that they have broken the rules and stick to the original topic

jinxii
03-08-2004, 10:57 AM
No, sorry. My ideas are my own and they're staying that way. :) I'm trying to get a job on a fansite to do with writing and if I don't get a place on Habbox I'll try a different one and it'll look like I've copied ideas from Habbox for them. :)

Maybe if writers *were* writers they'd have plenty of their own ideas.

jd25
04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
No, sorry. My ideas are my own and they're staying that way. :) I'm trying to get a job on a fansite to do with writing and if I don't get a place on Habbox I'll try a different one and it'll look like I've copied ideas from Habbox for them. :)

Maybe if writers *were* writers they'd have plenty of their own ideas.

Well Fyi i was trying to help you out by publishing your article we have plenty of ideas and don't need your ideas

DJ-WIERDO
04-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Guys.. next time just have him talk to me. Have them send me a PM about a job. Thanks.

jinxii
05-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Okay, thanks anyway for the info. I was just curious about the subject, but I do hold a firm belief that writers should come up with their own ideas - sorry if I seemed cagey and over-protective.

Thanks wierdnerd, but I am female, not a "him". Lmao!
Memo to self: Must get avatar soon...

Arcanum
16-08-2004, 04:11 AM
Lol, jinxii my apologies on behalf of him. Yeah, I would like a writing job, I applied for News Reporter, but after I failed, I knew I was more a Writer, and I knew I was made to post more in depth stuff and I have great ideas as well. I pm'ed wierdnerd, but he doesn't seem to be online a lot :s :o :p

iForce
16-08-2004, 04:24 AM
If you would like you can go to the ask a habbox staff member then post under my forum where it says article ideas i'll give you credit for your work or if you just leave ideas i'll still give you credit or you can pm them to me so no one will see it until it goes on to the site but you don't have to do this if you don't want just a suggestion

I agree, you shold do this and then you could be a writer or something ;)

jinxii
19-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Wierdnerd is having problems with his Internet. I think he lives with his mum and she dosen't have it or something. :S He wrote something about it in the articles section. He should be okay around the 24th August though apprently.

Wierdnerd mailed me and asked me to write a sample article. I responded and he
'accepted my application'. :D Happiness in a jar.

Iforce, what Jd meant was you post your own ideas and they get worked into an article that someone else actually writes. :S Writing articles is the fun part, and that's why I didn't want to give me ideas to someone else to write about.

Arcanum
20-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, we can see you got the job jinxii, well done :) :eusa_clap I applied for it but wierdnerd hasn't replied... :rolleyes:

jinxii
20-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Ooooh...good luck! I seem to be friends with a lot of Habbox people. :S
My console is full of them!

Arcanum
20-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Thankyou :) I hope he replies :eusa_eh: My console is full of Habbox people too, it's great! :D :p

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!