PDA

View Full Version : when im older....

hit-by-a-car
09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
when im older i would like to be an astronmer for three reasons

I love learning about the planets
it would be a fun job
Its pay is out of the roof (25-30thousand a year - even more for nasa thets double that twice in fact)

but im worried, in my french lesson i got 0/10 for spellings i couldent understand will it go ahead and effect my chances of getting a job even though its not relatored to french in anyway... :s

Nixt
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Are you taking it for GCSE?

dirrty
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
LOOOOL!
you got rubbish in ONE spelling test and you think it wil ruin your chances of your dream job? Its a spelling test. They aint gonna say like no you cant be an astonomer because you got 0/10. no soz. as if?

And to get paid that much, you have to work for it and earn it. Same with all jobs. Your not put at the top straight away.

£25-30 thousand isnt that much you know.

hit-by-a-car
09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
:s no im only 11 goin on 12 but it will leading to making job centres etc beliving im dumb wouldent it

i meen for english im super for science im O.K but for IT im the best in the class:s

Kanker.
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
no, wait till your in yr 11 then worry about getting 0/10. ;]

Jesus-Egg
but im worried, in my french lesson i got 0/10 for spellings i couldent understand will it go ahead and effect my chances of getting a job even though its not relatored to french in anyway...

Well, if you want a job at NASA, and you've got a degree in physics and good qualifications, they're not going to say that you can't have the job because you did crap in french when you were 11.

dirrty
What ever.
How would one spelling test which is not important, just so the teacher can see how well your doing, change your life/job w.e? As if.

Its not even GCSEs or whatever so it wont do anything for your future.

Obvious your joking around now because no one is that stupid..... well....

Frodo13.
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Its pay is out of the roof (25-30thousand a year - even more for nasa thets double that twice in fact)

My dad earns £30,000 and he drives a fork-truck...

Nixt
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Basically, you don't need to worry. If you were getting that at GCSE then it may have a slight impact on future jobs/colleges etc, but not much.

Just don't take it when you have chance to drop it ;)

Eamonn
09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
You are only 11, wait till you get to Year 10/11 (GCSE years) and then it is time to worry if you get 0/10 on tests and for all you know you may not even want to be an astronomer in a few years time.

Janeisntpleased
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
when im older i would like to be an astronmer for three reasons

I love learning about the planets
it would be a fun job

but im worried, in my french lesson i got 0/10 for spellings i couldent understand will it go ahead and effect my chances of getting a job even though its not relatored to french in anyway... :s

it won't affect it at all. for one, it's in french. i doubt nasa would care if you could speak french and two, just worry about doing well in your gcse's & a levels etc, that's what they'll look at.

Seacat
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
You will probably need a degree to be an 'astromoner' so your spelling will have to be good in English at GCSE/A-Level - They aren't gonner be bothered about what you got in year 7 or whatever (I don't even know if it goes on file :s)

You will probably change your mind about jobs at least ten times before you're 16 anyway :P So I wouldn't worry too much; especially as you said you're 12/13 and so it's probably only your 1st/2nd year of learning a new language and so no one is going to expect your spelling to be great :)

But when you're in years 11, 12 and 13 if you can't spell in English properly then I'd start looking elsewhere for jobs ;)

shenk.
11-11-2006, 12:41 AM
You will probably need a degree to be an 'astromoner' so your spelling will have to be good in English at GCSE/A-Level - They aren't gonner be bothered about what you got in year 7 or whatever (I don't even know if it goes on file :s)

You will probably change your mind about jobs at least ten times before you're 16 anyway :P So I wouldn't worry too much; especially as you said you're 12/13 and so it's probably only your 1st/2nd year of learning a new language and so no one is going to expect your spelling to be great :)

But when you're in years 11, 12 and 13 if you can't spell in English properly then I'd start looking elsewhere for jobs ;)

I like aced my english GCSEs and I can't spell for the life of me ^^ But my coursework folder was like 2marks off an A* and then in the test i got ** so I got a A overall - I was very very happy ^^

Erm year 7 - only thing that goes on file is attendance - witch was a bigger for me

Year 7: below 70%
Year 8: below 70%
Year 9: below 80%
Year 10: below 70%
Year 11: below 90%

96%-98% is what your ment to get isnt it?...

Well, no one cared about it with me lol.

Wow, teachers really made me remebr those lol... but then you look at people i knew who were like 40% till year 11 lol x]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!