PDA

View Full Version : Your say on the death sentances.

Decapitated!
17-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Is it time we brought them back ?

As in for murder youd get a death sentance.

Closed by Shawnstra (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

FlyingJesus
17-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Public opinion polls show that around 80% of those old enough to vote would vote "yes" on a referendum to bring back capital punishment to the UK. However, when you ask the MPs in the Commons, 80% of them disagree with the idea. Because of this, no referendum on the subject will be held, as it is clear what the outcome would be.

sarey
17-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I think death sentances should only be used in extreme situations...
I do agree sometimes with death sentances, but other times, if the situation can be handled appropriatly with other punishments to the person, then ill disagree.
Its complicated.. because if the death sentance is for murder (most of the time it is), then i think its acceptable as he/she has took anothers life, but if its used in other curcimstances (sp), then no.

So, i am unsure!

Herman
17-11-2006, 03:36 PM
If used in the right situations, such as cases like murder, as mentioned, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Mr.Sam
17-11-2006, 03:39 PM
But if they are sentenced to death because of murder in a way it si the easier way out, Wouldn't it be better if they suffer from being in jail for the rest of their life in the horrible conditions?

NekkLe
17-11-2006, 04:38 PM
What happens if they convicted the wrong person? wheres the justice in that?

brandon
17-11-2006, 04:42 PM
What happens if they convicted the wrong person? wheres the justice in that?
yeah exactly.

they should just be left to live a slow and painful life in prison, killing them would give them the easy way out

benjamin
17-11-2006, 04:44 PM
i say we should bring them back for certain cases. only say if the person has admitted the offence or somthing, and it was servere.

Roboevil
17-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I think putting someone to death for killing another human being is out of the question, the laws today are completely stupid anyway. In the UK, the consequences for murder are always the same, if the murder is done through evil or kindness, it's still the same. Should the deah sentence really be imposed into that?

NekkLe
17-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I think the laws need to be changed, the amount of years you get for murdering someone is pathetic, it can go to as little as 6 years I think, thats through behaving well in prison and doing chaws whilst in there etc..
If you've murdered someone, you need to stay in prison for LIFE, not the ** life sentance as it is now.

Starburst..x
17-11-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't agree with the way people get life, and then their allowed out 5 years later for "good behaviour"
If someone gets life, It should mean life, not 5 years.

Decapitated!
17-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't agree with the way people get life, and then their allowed out 5 years later for "good behaviour"

So true.

-:Undertaker:-
18-11-2006, 12:43 AM

+REP it's so damn true.

I think the Death Penalty is a great thing, it allows us to get rid of worthless hatefull scum.

Rapists and Muderers should get Death because there a danger to society and evil.

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 03:15 AM
No, I do not believe in the death penalty. Many reasons, but one of the main ones is because innocent people get executed more often than you think.

In the last 25 years, 102 innocent people have been released from death row. Thats being RELEASED, and thats extremely hard to do. Imagine how many people actually were innocent but never proved it.

If 1 innocent person gets executed and 999 guilty get executed, is the death penalty still worth it? I think not.

FlyingJesus
18-11-2006, 11:50 AM
If 1 innocent person gets executed and 999 guilty get executed, is the death penalty still worth it? I think not.

It clearly is, I mean sure unlucky that 1 innocent guy but a 0.1% margin of error is well worth it to be rid of people who are that dangerous to society. You can say that it's "not nice" to kill anyone and that doing so would make you "just as bad", but let's face it, that's a load of hot balls. Killing in the name of justice with the support of the judicial system is not the same as murder. That is not to say that revenge killings are justified, just so I'm clear.

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 08:24 PM
It clearly is, I mean sure unlucky that 1 innocent guy but a 0.1% margin of error is well worth it to be rid of people who are that dangerous to society. You can say that it's "not nice" to kill anyone and that doing so would make you "just as bad", but let's face it, that's a load of hot balls. Killing in the name of justice with the support of the judicial system is not the same as murder. That is not to say that revenge killings are justified, just so I'm clear.

I dont think so. I dont see why its worth 'getting rid' of people for the death of an innocent man? Not money, thats for sure. It costs more money to put a man to death than it does to keep him living in jail.

vibrant
18-11-2006, 08:25 PM
It would stop all/most of the criminals if it was brought back.

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 08:30 PM
It would stop all/most of the criminals if it was brought back.

Criminals think that they're going to get away with it 100%, so I dont see how it would. They dont even think theyre going to go to jail, it has no effect on them at all.

sim
19-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Put it this way.
Were a civilised society now.
Doing this, would take us back a step.

hit-by-a-car
19-11-2006, 10:23 AM
kill him and all shall be good!:eusa_danc hes a bad man.

Caution
19-11-2006, 01:52 PM
It's an easy way of getting out, no.
Let them rot in prison.

hit-by-a-car
20-11-2006, 08:02 AM
No. Hang him high =)

velvet
20-11-2006, 02:13 PM
No I don't think it should be brought back, I don't personally think it's a good way of dealing with things.
And as someone mensioned, though it is rare innocent people do get put to death by mistake. Though it may kill thousands of guilty people I don't think it's worth the life of one innocent one and how would you tell that to that persons family after they'd just been put to death for something they didn't do.
I also believe that killing a murderer makes you just as bad as them.. a life is still a life.

FlyingJesus
20-11-2006, 04:13 PM
No I don't think it should be brought back, I don't personally think it's a good way of dealing with things.
And as someone mensioned, though it is rare innocent people do get put to death by mistake. Though it may kill thousands of guilty people I don't think it's worth the life of one innocent one and how would you tell that to that persons family after they'd just been put to death for something they didn't do.
I also believe that killing a murderer makes you just as bad as them.. a life is still a life.

So having 1000 murderers and rapists run free after 5 years is better than killing one innocent man by mistake?

velvet
20-11-2006, 05:23 PM
So having 1000 murderers and rapists run free after 5 years is better than killing one innocent man by mistake?

I never said they should be let free, I think a life sentance should mean life.
But I don't think killing someone innocent is a mistake worth making.

jackass
20-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Completely Definate, yes. They shouldn't deserve to live while many others perish because of them.

Neversoft
20-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes, thats what they deserve.

-:Undertaker:-
20-11-2006, 05:49 PM

Taking a Muderers/Rapists life doesn't make you as bad as them, they earned to die while their victims didn't.

I'd happily sign up to kill sick evil Muderers and rapists.

velvet
20-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Taking a Muderers/Rapists life doesn't make you as bad as them, they earned to die while their victims didn't.

I'd happily sign up to kill sick evil Muderers and rapists.

Maybe so, but a life is a life in my opinion.

jackass
20-11-2006, 07:47 PM
I think they should suffer rather than just a death sentence. Like, letting them rot in prison, don't give them any food or drink or anything. But not anything TOO unhumane. :)

Tub
20-11-2006, 08:19 PM
The only thing that you can get the death sentence for in the uk now is high treason (killing the queen)
i think i heard that somewhere but im not 100% certain

i think in special cases ppl shud be, where they KNOW the person did it 100% or they admit to it

Sadams gettin hung in January! :O

Mentor
20-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Is it time we brought them back ?

As in for murder youd get a death sentance.

So you think killing people is going to show killing is wrong... thats some ****** up logic "/

RedStratocas
21-11-2006, 09:51 PM

But they dont go free, they go to jail.

Misawa
21-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Without a doubt, the death penalty needs to be brought back. There are too many you-know-whats in this kingdom, and they need to receive full justice for their crimes.

...The death penalty still stands in the UK for one crime - treason.

:Hazel
22-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I think they should be bought back, alot of people deserve to die for what they have done.

Mentor
23-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I think they should be bought back, alot of people deserve to die for what they have done.So you think killings just fine then? How does that make you any better than a murderer may i ask?

xnei
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I think that it depends.
If the murder was a lapse of judgement and you obviously wont be murdering anyone again then no.
But if its obvious that if you are released then you will be an actual danger to people around you then yes.
I think that they should have actual LIFE in prison, but with ok conditions (obviously not luxury) and the chance to be released if you show that you arent going to be harming anyone in the near future.

RedStratocas
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
no, because

1) theres a major inconsistency in death sentences. one person can kill one person and get the death penalty, another can kill 6 and get life.
2) the possibility of putting an innocent man to death is greater than you think, and we probably dont even know a lot of those cases (since after they're dead, no one's really investigating anymore). i do not think putting even one innocent person to death is okay even if it means 1000 guilty are also. it's completely unacceptable to me.

Earthquake
02-11-2008, 06:33 PM
First they need to create something what actually proves they did it.

GommeInc
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm happy with the prison idea. All they need to do is shrink the cells, make them crap (concrete everywhere, a bed and a toilet) and feed them basic foods. Prison overcrowding wouldn't be a problem because if they shrink the current prisons, they could possible double the amount of people they can take, and they deserve to suffer than to end a life fast.

Ezzie.
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
No. I don't agree with the death sentence atall.. We stoop as low as the commiter of the crime when we murder them also.. what if they were actually not guilty? One of the last men to be executed by hanging was a mentally handicapped man, he was talked into saying he murdered/raped a woman by a friend/brother. He went to his death a completely innocent man. :/

Foals
02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
lol bump

DrLacero
03-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Yes. It works as a deterrent and it saves the government money housing people that would do it.

sock
03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
No one deserves to die except people trying to kill mass people e.g. terrorists.

EleanorG
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Theres been many cases, especially in America where they have gave someone capital punishment, to find out years later they were innocent. So that is one reason why I would say no. However, if a murder lost his life with capital punishment, surely the person who carried it out becomes a murder too?

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth makes the world blind and speechless.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!