PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Dinner in schools

Dan2nd
19-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I was reading the paper and came across a story which said a school in the UK decided not to do a traditional christmas dinner this year and make a muslim meal instead this cuased outrage between parents who protested and got it changed so the students have a choice between the two. The question is why didn't they just do this in the first place instead of getting rid of christmas dinner
all together? your thoughts...

GommeInc
19-11-2006, 01:02 PM
This is getting very VERY stupid. On the news the other day they were planning on changing the name Christmas to Winterval because of other religions. They are also changing the stamps aswell from angels to Santa which has also had a name change (which I can't remember what it was though, sorry).

It is stupid, even Muslims think it is stupid. A Muslim Student who was on the news talked on behalf of a Muslim Group saying that Christmas teaches EVERYONE important values and the name Christmas doesn't actually effect them, they actually like Christmas "/ She was also sat beside a Vicar who agreed with her all the way, they seemed like good friends, no matter what religion they were apart of...

Dan2nd
19-11-2006, 01:07 PM
This is getting very VERY stupid. On the news the other day they were planning on changing the name Christmas to Winterval because of other religions. They are also changing the stamps aswell from angels to Santa which has also had a name change (which I can't remember what it was though, sorry).

It is stupid, even Muslims think it is stupid. A Muslim Student who was on the news talked on behalf of a Muslim Group saying that Christmas teaches EVERYONE important values and the name Christmas doesn't actually effect them, they actually like Christmas "/ She was also sat beside a Vicar who agreed with her all the way, they seemed like good friends, no matter what religion they were apart of...

yeh I know what you mean most of the time it isn't muslim people its stupid people trying to make sure they don't offend anyone which most of the time means they offend another group of people

benjamin
19-11-2006, 01:08 PM
that's pathetic..

i always remember looking forward to my christmas dinner at school, it was fun.

Eamonn
19-11-2006, 01:24 PM
This is a frikking joke, THIS IS A CATHOLIC COUNTRY, so why are they changing everything to please all the other frikking religions :@ it is just stupid.

FlyingJesus
19-11-2006, 01:47 PM
THIS IS A CATHOLIC COUNTRY

No it's not, it's a Church of England country ever since Henry VIII decided he'd like to have a divorce.

:Hazel
22-11-2006, 12:43 PM
This country is plain paranoid now, its pathetic.

Charlie
22-11-2006, 12:53 PM
I think this is a stupid idea to be honest, i mean, why should we change our British traditions for people that have came over here?

They should know well enough that if they come to here, we won't change just to suit their needs, and if they don't like what the name is or what school is serving, then they can do their own thing?

I don't think we should have to change to suit their needs. I hope that made sense.

clarissa !!
22-11-2006, 12:54 PM
ew. stupid :l

jackass
22-11-2006, 05:07 PM
What a paranoid country we are becoming. Seriously the goverment are going mental, I am fed up of all the bloody complaints all the musilms, hindus and all the other cultures are making, ruining our celebrations, making us all miserable because we can't have the fun and games that we want. I though changing Christmas was enough, but now this as well. Next they will probaly change the name of England because of the Church of England isn't their religion.

cocaine
22-11-2006, 05:11 PM
To be honest, Church of england and Catholism was here first.

And if they want to call it Christmas, then they shall.
It's so pathetic, other religions making us change our religions.

they wouldn't like it if we went to a hindu or muslim country and made them change their ways to suit us

Axel
22-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Why don't they get rid of more churches and build more mosques while they're at it.

cocaine
22-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Why shouldnt we just make them change Diwali to 'Celebrations night for other relgions'

cos thats how its headed in the Uk nowadays

Mentor
23-11-2006, 12:17 AM
I was reading the paper and came across a story which said a school in the UK decided not to do a traditional christmas dinner this year and make a muslim meal instead this cuased outrage between parents who protested and got it changed so the students have a choice between the two. The question is why didn't they just do this in the first place instead of getting rid of christmas dinner
2bh who gives a ****, im only in it for the food, i dont care which religion people want to assoite it with "/

Swastika
06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I told you all there would be an Asian Invasion.
Im sick of reading/hearing about this sort of stuff, if the ninjas want their traditional christmas dinner, get back to your own country.

Dan2nd
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
2bh who gives a ****, im only in it for the food, i dont care which religion people want to assoite it with "/

The point is they won't be getting the food we usally have !!!! It would be totally unrelated. That means no turkey, gravey, sausages wrapped in bacon :(

Plank
06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
they arent doing a muslim meal at my school? just a normal christmas dinner...

Dan2nd
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
they arent doing a muslim meal at my school? just a normal christmas dinner...

this was just one school :)

dirrty
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
this was just one school :)
My school, my old school, my sisters school and the school where my mum works at are still doing xmas dinners.

Dan2nd
06-12-2006, 04:55 PM
My school, my old school, my sisters school and the school where my mum works at are still doing xmas dinners.

no I meant it was only one school where this dinner thing happened :P

Plank
06-12-2006, 05:34 PM
no I meant it was only one school where this dinner thing happened :P
oh so only one school is doing this? thats stupid

Dan2nd
06-12-2006, 06:35 PM
oh so only one school is doing this? thats stupid

yes one school

YoManGo!
09-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I agree with Mentor, you know what religion you are, they know what religion they are, so eat the food!

It's stupid because most the people complaining aren't even religious or even Christian.

At my school we can't afford to simply just serve Christmas dinner for a day as my school is 30% Muslim and about 10% other faiths, so we have a choice between Halal turkey and normal turkey. They taste the exact same, just that they were killed differently, do you actually even know what you are complaining about?

At the school in the news they were going to serve the Halal turkey, if they hadn't told kids it was Halal no-one would've ever known.

summer
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
how completely foolish.

Dan2nd
09-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with Mentor, you know what religion you are, they know what religion they are, so eat the food!

It's stupid because most the people complaining aren't even religious or even Christian.

At my school we can't afford to simply just serve Christmas dinner for a day as my school is 30% Muslim and about 10% other faiths, so we have a choice between Halal turkey and normal turkey. They taste the exact same, just that they were killed differently, do you actually even know what you are complaining about?

At the school in the news they were going to serve the Halal turkey, if they hadn't told kids it was Halal no-one would've ever known.

Actually it was going to be halal chicken ;) and I wasn't complaining I was just posting it as I thought people might want to comment on it

Caution
09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
:rude: Terrible!!
Although quite believeable!
Why should we change our countrys traditions to suit they're needs?!
Seriously annoys me.:@

Tiuhdur
09-12-2006, 08:36 PM
if the government succeeded doing this it would lead to all sorts of name changes for all different religions like rhamadam i duno if its right spellin but all different religous festival names would change and put the world in a mix up

Nixt
09-12-2006, 08:37 PM
It's getting out of hand really... I am not being racist, but the fact is if Muslims don't like the countries traditions, they should just leave.

Caution
09-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I am being racist. I want them out.

YoManGo!
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
:rude: Terrible!!
Although quite believeable!
Why should we change our countrys traditions to suit they're needs?!
Seriously annoys me.:@

That school was probably in an area where there are lots of people from ethnic minorities, think about the facts before jumping to stupid conclusions.

If there is a lot of Muslims/Hindus etc in a school they need feeding too.

scubadiva
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
That takes the biscuit. When were we raving about the name of other religions' key festivals? Christmas is the time of year that some Christians look forward to most, and it's being slowly changed into a multi-cultural festival because we have a push over government who are scared that they will lose their jobs if they don't give into foreigners demands to change British culture, because if they don't they will simply cry 'racism'

By the way, I kept my comments completely within the forum rules in that post :)

DiscoPat
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm a Muslim, and I dont find Christmas offensive or anything, its infact realy nice, how everyone gets together and stuff :D

RedStratocas
10-12-2006, 01:22 AM
That takes the biscuit. When were we raving about the name of other religions' key festivals? Christmas is the time of year that some Christians look forward to most, and it's being slowly changed into a multi-cultural festival because we have a push over government who are scared that they will lose their jobs if they don't give into foreigners demands to change British culture, because if they don't they will simply cry 'racism'

By the way, I kept my comments completely within the forum rules in that post :)

No its not. You cant say simply because one town changed the name of christmas, "OMG CHRISTMAS IS OVER FOREVER!!!!

Luckyrare
10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
"If you come here lawfully, we welcome you. If you are permitted to stay here permanently, you become an equal member of our community and become one of us" said Tony Blair

That includes christmas dinner at school k? I dont see anyone going to Packistan asking for Christmas freaking dinner. I did infact ask some Muslim people in my year and asked them if they where offended by Christmas decorations and they ALL said no.

BL!NKEY
10-12-2006, 01:52 AM
You people are jumping to conclusions too fast.

they are not going to never have Christmas Dinner every again.

The school was probably mostly muslim and they thought they should try to have a muslim meal for once. Just eating some different food one year. When I was younger we sang christmas songs at the little singing thing but we also sung some jewish songs just so everyone was happy. When we were learning the jewish songs no one got up and said that they refuse because all jews are bad. We went along and had fun learning how to play draidle ect.

The "one" school should have welcomed the idea of trying something different for one year. Who said they were not going to have a christmas meal the next year?

Dan2nd
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
You people are jumping to conclusions too fast.

they are not going to never have Christmas Dinner every again.

The school was probably mostly muslim and they thought they should try to have a muslim meal for once. Just eating some different food one year. When I was younger we sang christmas songs at the little singing thing but we also sung some jewish songs just so everyone was happy. When we were learning the jewish songs no one got up and said that they refuse because all jews are bad. We went along and had fun learning how to play draidle ect.

The "one" school should have welcomed the idea of trying something different for one year. Who said they were not going to have a christmas meal the next year?

Yes but why can't they offer a christmas and a alternitive muslim meal instead of just one or the other that way everyones happy

James!
10-12-2006, 12:49 PM

It is stupid, even Muslims think it is stupid. A Muslim Student who was on the news talked on behalf of a Muslim Group saying that Christmas teaches EVERYONE important values and the name Christmas doesn't actually effect them, they actually like Christmas "/ She was also sat beside a Vicar who agreed with her all the way, they seemed like good friends, no matter what religion they were apart of...If she doesn't like it then she can **** off?

BL!NKEY
10-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes but why can't they offer a christmas and a alternitive muslim meal instead of just one or the other that way everyones happy

They didnt think it was that big of a deal. They thought maybe people would be up for trying something different. Seeing a different culture. Obviously some parents were narrow minded and thought eating a muslim meal would mean that their children were going to become muslims so they protested and

got it changed so the students have a choice between the two.

So in the end they are offering a christmas and an alternitive muslim meal.

Dan2nd
10-12-2006, 08:22 PM
They didnt think it was that big of a deal. They thought maybe people would be up for trying something different. Seeing a different culture. Obviously some parents were narrow minded and thought eating a muslim meal would mean that their children were going to become muslims so they protested and

So in the end they are offering a christmas and an alternitive muslim meal.

yes in the end they did & I suppose you have a point it is nice to try diffrent things but if they just offered the choice at the very begining none of the bother woud have happened.

Sonny!
10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I think it is a bit stupid to do that.
Why cant they have one dinner one day and christmas dinner another.
Instead of getting most of the parents to complain.
The parents who did complain must be passionate about christmas though.

Markness.
10-12-2006, 09:34 PM
What's Next On Their Agenda, Eliminate Easter, Make Everybody Eat Cadbury's Chocolate Friggin Triangles Beacuse The Idea Of A Sphere/Egg Object Rollinng Away From Jesus' Tomb is To Much For Goverments/Councils To Swollow, No, God No, This Is A Perfect Example Of Over-Political -Correctness

RedStratocas
10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
What's Next On Their Agenda, Eliminate Easter, Make Everybody Eat Cadbury's Chocolate Friggin Triangles Beacuse The Idea Of A Sphere/Egg Object Rollinng Away From Jesus' Tomb is To Much For Goverments/Councils To Swollow, No, God No, This Is A Perfect Example Of Over-Political -Correctness

Or the banning of pointless capitalization of every word? Actually... thats a good idea.

Herman
11-12-2006, 01:52 AM
For those of you who use the excuse "if we go to a muslim/hindu country, they wouldn't be very happy if we wanted to change their cultures/customs" then you're just being silly. Why must you show that you're just as stubborn as them? Be the better country and accept changes. Show them that you are better. Sometimes changes are good.

I do agree, it's not right to change christmas into winterval or whatever, and changing christmas dinners into some halal muslim dinner, everyone has their right to celebrate whatever they want, but come on, stop blaming ALL the foreigners. Even GommeInc said that muslim students were up for christmas and even supported it. I myself as a muslim have nothing against christmas, I think it's a great celebration.

Trying to kick all the foreigners out is silly. They don't call the UK a MULTI-CULTURAL community for no reason you know.

Starburst..x
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
This really does annoy me hearing about these sort of things happening. Seriously what is the world coming to, soon you won't be able to speak or breath in certain way.
The thing about Christmas is dinner is the most stupid thing ever, WHY should christmas dinner be taken off the menu, just because some people have complained. The simple thing is to put a choice, so people can choose what they want to have, why should someone miss out because of someone else?!.
And that whole thing about changing the name of Christmas to wintervall!. I'd like to see them try, soooo many people celebrate this. Its like us asking any other religion to call one of their celebrations something else because we feel "offended", I'm sure it would be a completely different story then.
If you don't celebrate a certain festival then, without meaning to be rude, ignore it, no one asks you to celebrate it, why ruin it for other people.
Christmas is what most of the UK celebrates and you can't stop it, or change the name, changes may be good, but how can you change a tradition? thats been going on for hundreds of years.

Sorry for the essay, and I also don't mean to offend anyone.

.:TeamAmerica:.
11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Christmas here is a tradition. Yes Muslams hve the right to free speah and all that jazz, but they should respect our traditions and culture as we respect theirs.

Browney
11-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Whoah, guys, it's turkey and potatoes. Nothing to go BNP over it.

And I do understand it's a tradition, but we opened our arms wide, people came to seek sanctuary and they received it. From then they intigrated into our society and they are part of our society, just break down the walls. We got over the massive fight between catholics and protestants. Just get over it. They are here and they have been around for a while. It's about time we adapt to this.

Edit: Sorry for the use of "they."

RedStratocas
12-12-2006, 01:02 AM
This really does annoy me hearing about these sort of things happening. Seriously what is the world coming to, soon you won't be able to speak or breath in certain way.
The thing about Christmas is dinner is the most stupid thing ever, WHY should christmas dinner be taken off the menu, just because some people have complained. The simple thing is to put a choice, so people can choose what they want to have, why should someone miss out because of someone else?!.
And that whole thing about changing the name of Christmas to wintervall!. I'd like to see them try, soooo many people celebrate this. Its like us asking any other religion to call one of their celebrations something else because we feel "offended", I'm sure it would be a completely different story then.
If you don't celebrate a certain festival then, without meaning to be rude, ignore it, no one asks you to celebrate it, why ruin it for other people.
Christmas is what most of the UK celebrates and you can't stop it, or change the name, changes may be good, but how can you change a tradition? thats been going on for hundreds of years.

Sorry for the essay, and I also don't mean to offend anyone.

The thing people dont understand about that whole winterval thing is that they arent changing christmas, they are changing the single celebration. Christmas is still exactly the same, they just changed the public event to make it multi-cultural.

They didnt say NO ONE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ANYMORE, THROW AWAY YOUR TREES! No, they changed the public event so that it didnt simply concentrate on christmas and invited other religions in as well. Sure, its mega-politically correct, but they arent trying to change your entire lives. Calm down about it.

Naythi.
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
My school has had the normal Traditional CHRISTAMS DINNER TODAY !:D

Yum Yum LOl

Well i hate xmas pud and mince pies :@

Meanies
12-12-2006, 06:14 PM
i had mi skl xmas dinner today :)

Starburst..x
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I asked someone about the whole wintervall thing
Wintervall was used to bring shoppers and workers back to a place (I can't remember the name) in 1999 or something, I might be wrong about the facts, but I know its something along those lines.
Thats the only time Wintervall was used

Chances
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Its the most pathetic thing ever. Im jewish, but I dont want to see christmas be turned into Winterval or whatever. This is a British country and people should adapt to our traditions, not the other way round >:(

My school do a christmas meal... well attempt to, with crackers and all and I dont think people would be very happy if it is cancelled cos some people think it is unfair not politiclly correct or something.

Diwali is celebrated in London in many places, why cant Christians have christmas? This whole Politically correct country thing is going crazy, we're only thinking of avoiding offending other religions when not thinking about the country's own.

NOTTSPANTHER
13-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Its Britian with a stupid person running it kick him out hes scotish running england wth?? he should be from england not over countrys!

Browney
13-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I do believe that Tony Blair is infact English. Gordon Brown is Scottish, but he is deputy PM.

Anyway, about the whole "adapt to our country" argument, this is a Religion. This is something they believe in and hold dear to their heart. They were brought up their religion, they live their religion. In some religions they only eat sacred food. They literally eat their Religion. Could you imagine living like this for the most of your life and then someone forces you to change? We should'nt deny them their choice.

samsaBEAR
13-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Like people said, why should we change our customs for people that came over here?
Not being racist or anything, but if we went to live wherever, we wouldn't expect them to change their customs just because of a different religion/race/whatever.
Tis stupid, I'll still call Christmas Christmas, even if it does get changed

Hoax
13-12-2006, 10:56 PM
We should have it, seeing as to how the majority of schools celebrates it.

Naythi.
14-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Im not racist at all my Ex - girrlfriend was Black / HalfCast ! But i think coloured people think we are being racist , But we like the way we live and if they DONT go back to Africa or were ever , We have been happy with our laws , Rules ect so Just stick with it

Like that woman who had here Vail on in school

If you arnt allowed to wear the VAIL then you shouldnt wear it
If we were at skwl and we were told to take off our hats or coats and we didnt we would get into trouble so same should be for teachers !

Why Change ?

Brody
14-12-2006, 02:14 PM
this is just outrageoues we live in england in england we celebrate christmas and enjoy things like christmas dinner so why should the muslims have the right to change that and take it away and now some people have to eat a muslim meal, this is just rediculous if they dont like christmas dinner and they think it is racist then they should stay home and not ruin every1 elses christmas

Browney
14-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Im not racist at all my Ex - girrlfriend was Black / HalfCast ! But i think coloured people think we are being racist , But we like the way we live and if they DONT go back to Africa or were ever , We have been happy with our laws , Rules ect so Just stick with it

Like that woman who had here Vail on in school

If you arnt allowed to wear the VAIL then you shouldnt wear it
If we were at skwl and we were told to take off our hats or coats and we didnt we would get into trouble so same should be for teachers !

Why Change ?

That's some grammar right there... But anyway, what about people who can't go back home? What if their homes were destroyed? Or what if their home country is covered in war? England is a miserable, wet and stern country, I doubt they would come here for smoething that they see as a holiday.

Oh yeah, btw, I doubt you're in a religion that counts coats as a religious garment. >_>

Zac
14-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Im moving to australia soon, All the asians are coming over and soon in a few years the country wont be england anymore,
I want to move to Australia because once when these Indian people were on a boat to go to Australia and they said to the president ''Let us on the country or we'll starve to death'', And the president just let them die, Basicly. The president won't let people in The Country (Australia) if they can't speak fluent English, (Im not being Racists just speaking my thoughts). We should keep our
traditions in OUR country and they should keep there religions in THERE country.

I mean like we let them live in our counrty give them load's of money big houses, All the nesesities (sp) i mean come on we litterally kiss there butt, They should be able to return a miniscule favor of following our religions and the way we celebrate,

ENGLISH TRADITIONS FTW.

RedStratocas
14-12-2006, 09:32 PM
ENGLISH TRADITIONS FTW.

racist: a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

I pretty much never call anyone a racist for saying something about other races, but just so you know, saying 'english traditions for the win', is pretty much saying English traditions > other traditions, thus the idea of superiority. Again, I really never call someone a racist unless it fits the exact definition.

And since when does england give immigrants tons of money and huge houses?

Hoax
14-12-2006, 09:51 PM
England doesn't give them huge houses and a lot of money, the people do by buying their services, etc.

Dan2nd
15-12-2006, 04:59 PM
England doesn't give them huge houses and a lot of money, the people do by buying their services, etc.

yes I was thinking that aswell... and remember most of the time people making the changes are English so stop blaming people coming into the country because most of them actually contribute to the community more than english people do. Finally alot of people keep saying asian and black people are changing things. Hello?!!!??? Alot of asian and black people are actually english !

DCeption
15-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Not being racist or anything, but we are catering to much towards other religions, we are not a muslim country therfore we should not have to serve muslim food instead of english, if we were in a Muslim country we would be expected to live by there rules! Any why the hell change christmas's name its a christian celebration, just like the muslim festival Eid

Edited by Hoax, try not to swear :)

RedStratocas
15-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Well I think there should be a 100% seperation of church and state, so I dont think there should be a christmas dinner or any religious dinner at all in schools. So maybe Winterval isnt such a bad thing for schools to embrace.

Im going to be flamed for this.

DCeption
15-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I think there should be a 100% seperation of church and state, so I dont think there should be a christmas dinner or any religious dinner at all in schools. So maybe Winterval isnt such a bad thing for schools to embrace.

-FLAMES- No not really everybody is entitled to their own opinions, although i think it should stay christmas!

Ashley 12344
15-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Fair comment.

I disagree though.
I think there already is a fair big seperation.

Christmas isn't so much about religion as it was 10 years ago.

In, for example primarily Muslim countries, they have big Eid celebrations.

Christmas is as much tradition as anything else.

RedStratocas
15-12-2006, 09:30 PM
-FLAMES- No not really everybody is entitled to their own opinions, although i think it should stay christmas!

They arent trying to change christmas, from what I understand, they are just making the school dinner different.

Fair comment.

I disagree though.
I think there already is a fair big seperation.

Christmas isn't so much about religion as it was 10 years ago.

In, for example primarily Muslim countries, they have big Eid celebrations.

Christmas is as much tradition as anything else.

Its still about religion to many people, possibly not everyone.

Browney
16-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Its still about religion to many people, possibly not everyone.

Fair point, but how many people posting on here sings around the christmas tree, prays at the dinner table and goes to church on sundays? It's wierd how suddenly you all become defensive off our religion just so you can have a dig at other religions. Also, traditions and religions are completely seperate. Please don't confuse the christmas belief and christmas praying and such, which is religious, and practising christmas, which is more of a tradition.

luke-p
16-12-2006, 01:38 PM
It is taking the **** now to put it lightly, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ hence it being called Christmas, If they don't like our religion then they should go back instead of changing our ******* holidays!

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Fair point, but how many people posting on here sings around the christmas tree, prays at the dinner table and goes to church on sundays?

I sure do know people who pray at the dinner table, goes to church and take christmas religiously.

It is taking the **** now to put it lightly, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ hence it being called Christmas, If they don't like our religion then they should go back instead of changing our ******* holidays!

AKA exactly the same thing about a million other people on this post said? If youre going to contribute, say something new.

Browney
16-12-2006, 04:39 PM
I believe I said how many, not do you know people who pray at the dinner table etc.

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I believe I said how many, not do you know people who pray at the dinner table etc.

I was implying quite a lot.

Browney
16-12-2006, 07:31 PM
*Owned.* :rolleyes:

As a standard, kids of our age aren't intrested in christmas, just gifts.

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 08:15 PM
*Owned.* :rolleyes:

As a standard, kids of our age aren't intrested in christmas, just gifts.

Its still bringing religion into schools

BL!NKEY
16-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Why not try something new like eating a muslim dinner?

How can you say your religion is the best and the right one without experienecing the other religions for yourself. Most people are the religion they are because of their parents. If the christian kids dont like the muslim dinner then they can go home and have a turkey or whatever and they can still celebrate christmas.

Whats so wrong with trying something out?

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 08:33 PM

How can you say your religion is the best and the right one without experienecing the other religions for yourself. Most people are the religion they are because of their parents. If the christian kids dont like the muslim dinner then they can go home and have a turkey or whatever and they can still celebrate christmas.

+Rep. Something that I was trying to say before, couldnt really find the words.

Herman
16-12-2006, 11:51 PM

that's very well said. +rep.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!