PDA

View Full Version : English players

Pixel
24-11-2006, 11:27 AM
This is for the people who **** Arsenal off for not having any English players in our starting line up every match.

At tennis a couple of days ago I was playing doubles with this person who had a chelsea shirt on and while we were waiting for the other person to do his shoes up he asked me what team I support.. I said arsenal and he goes "they aint even an English team" lol.. anyway I was reading the arsenal magazine yesterday and there was an article by Paul Merson about how expensive English players are compared to players from different countries, which is the main reason arsenal don't go for English players.

Okay well, I'll compare some of the prices we got our players and how much an English player would have cost us.

This is my best example:

Toure (Bought for £150,000)
Ferdinand (Bought for £30 Million)

Okay, Well imo toure is one of the best defenders in the prem, what can't he do that Ferdinand do? Except play for England??
If you were a manager and were after a defender, who would you buy? toure? or pay £29,850,000 more to get an English player?

Henry (Bought for 10 million)
Andy Johnson (Bought for £8.6 million)

Do I really need to explain??

Fabregas (Bought for 1million?)
Carrick (Bought for around 20million?)
SWP (Around 20+ Million)

Again do I need to explain?

Okay, I can't be bothered to think of anymore, as the above basically explains why we don't go for English players.
Well we bought Theo for 12 mill, he's more of a player for the future, but as there are so many matches comming up he's going to get alot more starts. I was looking at the stats and Theo has 5 assists, and he has played like 200 minutes!

Also alot of English players come up through the ranks at Arsenal but aren't good enough so we let them go so they can have another chance at a different club..Bentley, Pennant, Thomas, Wright, Upson, Sidwell.. Those are just from memory, there are many more that haven't made it.
If you look at our official website, there's a Reserves & Youths page, you will find most of them are English.. The thing is how many will be good enough..

At the end of the day, Arsenal play the best football in the prem. I'm not just saying that because I support them, because it's not sure Arsenal fans that say it.

hehe and yes i'm very bored, I got no college on fridays and there's nothing to do :'(

If you're also bored, can you tell me how many of the current England team would be good enough for the Arsenal first eleven & available for transfer at a reasonable price? :eusa_danc

Edited by foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Please do not avoid the filter.

Pixel
24-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Anyone want to comment? You don't have to comment on Arsenal not fielding English players every match.. Can be about the Over rated/Priced English players :D

edited by foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Do not double post, please wait for someone else to reply :)

icankeylog
24-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Fabregas is awful.

Pixel
24-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Fabregas is awful.

ok :rolleyes: I wasn't saying Carrick was rubbish I was comparing prices, like 19million more carrick cost, what does he offer that fabregas doesn't

Brody
24-11-2006, 07:09 PM
faregas is beta than carrick imo at the moment

Pixel
24-11-2006, 07:15 PM
faregas is beta than carrick imo at the moment

Yeah imo Fabregas is one of the best midfielders atm. Carrick is better defensively I’d say but that doesn't matter as we have Gilberto covering :D

edible
24-11-2006, 07:51 PM
I must agree..but who cares? Arsenal are a very good side! It doesnt matter what the nationality of a prem team, not everyone has to be english.

Pixel
24-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I must agree..but who cares? Arsenal are a very good side! It doesnt matter what the nationality of a prem team, not everyone has to be english.

Yeah ano, just showing how overpriced english players are

People still call us a french team, lol I find it kinda funny because it's all they can think off, we have 3 first team starters that are french.. We would only have 1 French starter if cashly cole didn't backstab us.

:Hazel
24-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Good point you have, we are biased in this country & that obviously has something to do with the price we play for english players over foreign ones. Arsene Wenger has always been sensible & has never ripped himself off to get a player. (except maybe Theo Walcott but you can't really say at this stage as he is so young)

Brody
24-11-2006, 08:36 PM
some of the english players are too overated
and arsene wenger probably knows he can get just as good players for less money so therefore u mite as well
he has only ever made 1 mistike in a buy francis jeffers
also fabregas was only 250k

Pixel
24-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Good point you have, we are biased in this country & that obviously has something to do with the price we play for english players over foreign ones. Arsene Wenger has always been sensible & has never ripped himself off to get a player. (except maybe Theo Walcott but you can't really say at this stage as he is so young)

Yeah, Wenger is great at spotting young talent, we got another youngster from barca this year called Francisco Merida Perez (i think it was this year) hes 16 and people are already comparing him to fabregas, they both play in the same position i think.

some of the english players are too overated
and arsene wenger probably knows he can get just as good players for less money so therefore u mite as well
he has only ever made 1 mistike in a buy francis jeffers
also fabregas was only 250k

Yeah that's the only bad signing I can think of.. I swear we paid like 10-12 million for him. lool
Also, Reyes was kinda bad, he was a good player but didn't really produce, well for £18mill he didn't...

:Hazel
24-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Wenger is great at spotting young talent, we got another youngster from barca this year called Francisco Merida Perez (i think it was this year) hes 16 and people are already comparing him to fabregas, they both play in the same position i think.

He has a knack for spotting young players for tealnt however in this country that young layer with talent (Walcott) cost him 12 million and that young player with talent in spain (Fabregas) cost how much? a few hundred thousand if that!

Pixel
24-11-2006, 09:02 PM
He has a knack for spotting young players for tealnt however in this country that young layer with talent (Walcott) cost him 12 million and that young player with talent in spain (Fabregas) cost how much? a few hundred thousand if that!

Yeah I feel walcott was worth spending some extra cash on, he hasn't played much so far, but the next month I think we have a game every 3-4 days so he's defently going to get some chances, henry is out tomorrow so it's likely he will play :D
Oh yeh was looking at some stats and walcott is joint top on assists with Hleb, vPersie & Fabregas with 5 assists which is really good seeing as he's only played like 200 mins in the prem.
Yeah not sure how much fab cost but it was less than £1million im sure, he's probably worth like 20-30million now as hes on an 8 year contract lol

sl4rt is banned
24-11-2006, 09:55 PM
worth like 20-30million now
Lmao jog on ;)

Pixel
24-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Lmao jog on ;)

Well his contract is 8 years and its like 40k a week so it's over 15mill alone so it wouldnt be cheap to buy him

Crunk
25-11-2006, 03:39 AM
good point

DCeption
26-11-2006, 04:33 PM
All i can say is i hope that they bring the rule about clubs haveing to play a certain amount of english players in

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!