PDA

View Full Version : Are we too friendly with the US?

Yum999
27-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey all :)
Do you think we are too friendly with America? Would we have gone into Iraq if Bush hadn't given the order? Should we do what America does?

Overall, is Britain acting as America's poodle?

Ezzie.
27-11-2006, 05:43 PM
The question is, is the british government acting as america's poodle, then yes they are.

You have to remember that america and britain are brothers, apart from the red indians all the people who came to america (found it, ie christopher columbus) were british, so we have that bond/connection.

I do think we need a firmer hand though as america seem to be getting away with a lot of things that are frowned upon.

Mathew
27-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I believe Tony is sticking up to the US a little, just to increase his power. I don't really think he cares about the country as much as before. I think it's time for a new prime minister.
So long as the world is a safer place, I don't really mind what goes on :)

Dan2nd
27-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think the U.S is our friend I think the U.S is the big guy no one wants to upset so in a way they are bullying us into doing stuff ( don't get me wrong I love the country and the people just hate the goverment) Tony Blair needs to stop worrying about what Bush wants to do and start thinking about Britain we may be a small country but we're also a great one we bought many great things to the world the queen, Harry Potter, Football and if we're not careful we're lose what it is to be british.

DiscoPat
28-11-2006, 08:26 PM
They are too strong, if there wasnt no EU then America would go into every country doing what ever they want as no other country ould of have the power to chalenge them but as you know if for example america goes to war with greece and greece is right then the whole EU will back them up and america cant handle that.

Dan2nd
28-11-2006, 09:57 PM
They are too strong, if there wasnt no EU then America would go into every country doing what ever they want as no other country ould of have the power to chalenge them but as you know if for example america goes to war with greece and greece is right then the whole EU will back them up and america cant handle that.

I don't think they have to back them up. I think theres a vote of something with the EU leaders like when we went to Iraq they didn't have to back us because they voted against it

cocaine
28-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Don't forget, that if USA were against us there would be war by now

DiscoPat
28-11-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't think they have to back them up. I think theres a vote of something with the EU leaders like when we went to Iraq they didn't have to back us because they voted against it

Yes, but if they found us right then they would back us up.:s

BL!NKEY
28-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Don't forget, that if USA were against us there would be war by now

And we all know what happens everytime Britain tries to go to war with America....

Jacada
05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I disagree I think being close to the us is excellent i think it makes our economy and milatary strength stronger with having a ally like the US.

I am a conversative supporter but I still Think blair has done a wonderful job, hes made england a better country and everyone makes mistakes you can't deny that.

I think being so close to the Us lets us remain as one of the super powers if that link goes then meh we won't be as strong.

Agnostic Bear
05-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey all :)
Do you think we are too friendly with America? Would we have gone into Iraq if Bush hadn't given the order? Should we do what America does?

Overall, is Britain acting as America's poodle?

Yes, Britain should just turn around, bring all our troops home and kick the living crap out of America.

Sorry for my harsh opinion, but deal with it.

Dentafrice1
05-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Im from the US so I can't really be involved in this..

I believe we are the most powerful country.. no offense.. we do have more nukes etc but im not going into my views.

If countries riled together we would be defeated easily.

Like september 11th.. our security flat out.. stinks.

BL!NKEY
05-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Im from the US so I can't really be involved in this..

I believe we are the most powerful country.. no offense.. we do have more nukes etc but im not going into my views.

If countries riled together we would be defeated easily.

Like september 11th.. our security flat out.. stinks.

Our secuturity is about 1000 time better now after sep 11th

We are against a war not because many people dont believe in the reason for this war in iraq. But if other countries riled together to fight us they would stand no chance. Many more americans would join the army because they are acutually fighting for something. We have soo much intelligence and good equiptment that I dont think we could be taken over.

Dentafrice1
05-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Im still not sure though.. We will be getting gay marriage soon abortion etc.. with the democrats getting more seats every day..

Sorry to Democrats thats my opinion live with it.

If someone came at us.. there would probably be a draft.. I would join to fight for my country.. but I dont want anyone else in my family to join.. If anyone is going to get shot for my country its going to be me.

We could shoot down any nuke coming at us from any direction..

hopefully the mexicans wont invent a nuke http://www.habboxforum.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

hit-by-a-car
06-12-2006, 08:19 AM
No, and at the end of the day, america is stopping our lil butt from getting bit right! Theres no shame of brushing a country under the carpet.

Kymux
06-12-2006, 08:59 AM
No, and at the end of the day, america is stopping our lil butt from getting bit right! Theres no shame of brushing a country under the carpet.

You underestimate us, just watch out tv.

:Hazel
06-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Blair (to put it politely) is too far up George Bushs' behind. We don't seem to be independant, we just follow them.

Kymux
06-12-2006, 10:23 AM
And so you should be :)

(hehe)

hit-by-a-car
07-12-2006, 08:02 AM
i consider your president geroge bush to be a great one. and ur going to spread a virus letting the democrats win. sorry.

Djcafc.
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
no i dont think so i just think overall the whole of britian is obsessed with what is happening in ammerica

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!