PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland V England - Pride passion belief

Cypher-
26-03-2005, 04:43 PM
I honestly thought at the start of the match that the green and white army had a chance of defeating England because as we all know, when you are as unknown as the ulstermen of Northern Ireland beating england in their own backyard sounds absolutely brilliant and since england had everything to gain and we had nothing to lose lawrie sanchez's men went out and gave it their best shot. For the first 45 minutes we were unpenatratable but couldnt get many shots inon england's goal as little david healy was the lone striker and wasnt provided any help. We had some bright moments like Keith Gillespie skipping away from David Beckham and then Chris Baird hammering Rooney in a 50/50 to the awe of some england fans ;) Also some recognition to Maik Taylor for giving such an amazing performance in the first half. Then in the second half it was typical England 4-0 I dont need to describe the goals as they were painful to watch but i do have to say its been a good match I love england and i love northern ireland (perhaps a little more because its where i call home) and im glad we bridged the gap between our teams and when england come to belfast to the heart of football in northern ireland, to Windsor Park we will welcome the englishmen as they welcome our players. Gary Lineker played in Belfast before and he named windsor as a fort so good luck to england there. Also a big shout to Northern Ireland for being there today and for each player to stand up and be counted for.

Just for the record England ranked 7th in the world
Northern Ireland ranked 111th :o
England are unbeaten in 19 international matches
Northern Ireland were 17-1 underdogs :)

Maybe next time eh?

Szam
26-03-2005, 06:07 PM
I thought England had a very good squad today.

jammy06
26-03-2005, 06:10 PM
we done brill 2 oggies lol welldone ENGLAND W00T

Luayminator
28-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Well . yah england only played well in the second half ,rather lucky thoughj.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!