PDA

View Full Version : Why do you support teams like Man U,Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool.

:alexxTURNER
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I can understand if you LIVE in manchester, liverpool
etc. This thread is for the people who live nowhere near
them places and still support them teams.
So why?

SHEEPY_luvs_u
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
because they're successful.

Pixel
03-12-2006, 02:07 PM
I support Arsenal and I live just outside of London, but I don't support them because they are a local team, i just grew up supporting them..

I don't actually see why it matters really, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter if you do support a team that's far away imo

Nightcrawler
03-12-2006, 03:08 PM
I Dont Support Arsenal i just like the way they play and the styles they play they offer the best football to watch even if you dont support them

Bristol Rovers Through and Through

whoami?
03-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I live just outside manchest & my dad brought me up supporting them aswell.

benjamin
03-12-2006, 03:10 PM
well, i suppose i support manchester united. i'm not a football fan, but y'know what i mean. it's a family thing. i'm not joking every member of my family does, i suppose i was kinda born into it?

Acidulantes
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I support liverpool because i was born there and lived there for a few years and everyone in my family supports them... I dont live there anymore and apparently that makes me a glory supporter...

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Haha Acidulanies your so sad, get the **** over it and yourself you sad little boy.

Acidulantes
03-12-2006, 04:54 PM
How can I get over something that didnt bother me in the first place? it bothered you remember?

:alexxTURNER
03-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I support liverpool because i was born there and lived there for a few years and everyone in my family supports them... I dont live there anymore and apparently that makes me a glory supporter...

I don't see that as glory supporting tbh.

summer
03-12-2006, 07:01 PM
i support luton, but i also follow spurs, as every big football fan in my family supports spurs if they don't support luton, and i only live about 30 minutes from the ground.. so yeah.

sock
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Haha Acidulanies your so sad, get the **** over it and yourself you sad little boy.

oh sdfu jme u think hes sad. look at you. i gave him +rep by accident cos i forgot to click I disapprove.

Anyway.. I support Oxford and I don't even live there, never have done.

Chease
04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
I live in Boreham Wood.. which is just a few km from Arsenal's ground.. that's why I support them.

summer
04-12-2006, 05:22 PM
oh sdfu jme u think hes sad. look at you. i gave him +rep by accident cos i forgot to click I disapprove.

Anyway.. I support Oxford and I don't even live there, never have done.
bit of a random team to support if you've never lived there? :s

brapbrap
04-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Xactly, and their crap.

Alterate
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
I support the seaguls as I live there and I grew up supporting Man UTD so I prefer when they win to other teams but I dont really support them..

YoManGo!
04-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Up the Royals!

Sutton Coldfield Town FC forever...

brandon
04-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I support Norwich, on the local. And live far away from Manchester but, I back, (I'm not saying I'm the truest fan) Man Utd because it's like the first team I knew and the first ground I went too.

ProGreco
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
i support arsenal, chelsea and man u but depends whos winning, man u i support atm

i aint a glory hunter tho i loyal to my club

Acidulantes
04-12-2006, 11:23 PM
lmao pro has found his way into the sports section of the forum... no one is safe...

and well, I dont know what ur name is cos u keep changing it, but the person who supports leyton and liverpool, you wouldnt think theyre crap if you supported them so keep it to yourself... you dont see others saying stuff like it

:Hazel
04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Because they are a bunch of glory hunters. ;) I love saying that because it does wind people up aswell :p

FrozenWhisper
09-12-2006, 05:21 PM
I support Liverpool and live in Cheshire, WInsford. Which is near Liverpool, and Manchester.

Tipped
09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I supported man utd since i was 5, i grew up around people who supported them except my dad who supported birmingham

Im not a glory hunter cos i go 2 nearly all home matches :D

Tekn
09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I support Arsenal because I always have - even when they lost to Wrexham in the FACup :(

brapbrap
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
lmao pro has found his way into the sports section of the forum... no one is safe...

and well, I dont know what ur name is cos u keep changing it, but the person who supports leyton and liverpool, you wouldnt think theyre crap if you supported them so keep it to yourself... you dont see others saying stuff like it

Its LEYTON ORIENT Actully you goon.

Jõnathan
09-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I used to support Man U, then they went crapz0rz.
Now I support City Hull :D

YoManGo!
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
The way I see it, you can't win; you're either a glory supporter or your team's crap.

I support Sutton Coldfield AFC as I live there, and Aston Villa because it's 10 minutes away.

Jamie!
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Started supporting Chull cause Man Utd went crap? lol Wierd choice...

Pixel
12-12-2006, 09:39 AM
The way I see it, you can't win; you're either a glory supporter or your team's crap.

I support Sutton Coldfield AFC as I live there, and Aston Villa because it's 10 minutes away.

Just because the team you support is good doesn't make you a glory supporter.
Like i've gone to see arsenal twice this season, i saw arsenal vs moscow and arsenal vs liverpool and it cost me over £100 so I can't afford to go to every match that comes up so i'msaving up and going to see them again later in the season.
I spend most of my money on arsenal lol, £4 a month on the magazine, £4 a month on arsenal tv online, £30 a season on red members, £40 on the jersey and loads more on the tickets.

Prowler!
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I support man. City and Oldham, I was born in Oldham and live in manchester so :)

Prowler!
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM

Cool, Hate Man.Utd bunch of umpa lumpa's.

YoManGo!
12-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Just because the team you support is good doesn't make you a glory supporter.
Like i've gone to see arsenal twice this season, i saw arsenal vs moscow and arsenal vs liverpool and it cost me over £100 so I can't afford to go to every match that comes up so i'msaving up and going to see them again later in the season.
I spend most of my money on arsenal lol, £4 a month on the magazine, £4 a month on arsenal tv online, £30 a season on red members, £40 on the jersey and loads more on the tickets.

Obviously; I meant in the view of other supporters you'll either be a glory supporter or your team will be crap.

mohammed
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
you CAN support a good team, as long as you live near there.

Prowler!
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I kinda like chelsea, I got a shirt before they became good, The Autoglass one, And i have the old one with veron on the back, And now i have One with Essien on the back.

VerbalWhale
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Because I want to, being a supporter of a club from the lower leagues dosent make you a better supporter. I wont be dictated to by some whimsical belif that supporting the club from your own town makes you the dogs ********.

O and the fact that my Dad is a Utd supporter, who was born in Manchester and has brought me up to support them.

FlyingJesus
13-12-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm a Chelsea fan, and I've never lived in London. If I'm honest I support them because they were the first team I ever heard of, in first school I asked some kid who he supported (not knowing any teams myself) and just agreed when he said Chelsea. Like DarkDemon said, that was back in the Autoglass days :D Wouldn't say that was "before they got good" though, they were winning lots even back then.

Simmzay
13-12-2006, 05:07 AM
I love Arsenal and I was born and raised in Australia. When I'm not bound to any territorial team and I love the EPL (a lot) it's only fair to support someone, right? Well anyway.. my love for them wasn't because of the team so much, but specific players themselves. Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry.. two of the best players I've ever seen. I don't consider myself a glory hunter because the results don't effect my point of view or stance as a fan. AFC are struggling and I really don't care, I just love watching them play. I haven't missed a match in five or so years.

Prowler!
13-12-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm a Chelsea fan, and I've never lived in London. If I'm honest I support them because they were the first team I ever heard of, in first school I asked some kid who he supported (not knowing any teams myself) and just agreed when he said Chelsea. Like DarkDemon said, that was back in the Autoglass days :D Wouldn't say that was "before they got good" though, they were winning lots even back then.

There better now though, Twas good when they had Zola.

Blinger1
13-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I like arsenal because well... they have T.HENRY and he is cool because he is french and french eat snails because they cant eat worms because the worms get eaten by birds and such.

EDIT HAHAHHAHAHAIHAHFIKSNF

Simmzay
13-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I never said I was "purebred" Australian I said I was born and raised here. How can I call myself anything other than Australian? AFC = Arsenal by the way. As for results, of course I want to see them win, it's just not the primary concern as I'd like to see good football over unexciting results.

/Rossco\
13-12-2006, 10:50 AM
when i was younger, i used to think ryan giggs was such a great player, and he was, and thats how i support man U after my home team, and i've also been to old trafford.

FlyingJesus
13-12-2006, 03:26 PM
There better now though, Twas good when they had Zola.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_1reQsL-A

Genius. And Vialli haha.

Acidulantes
14-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Its LEYTON ORIENT Actully you goon.

Like it matters... you dont see the manchester united fans goin round saying stop callin it man utd you goon... and tbh thats cos theyre not all losers who supports a team in the premiership cos theyre crappy one is well, crappy...

mohammed
14-12-2006, 07:54 PM
haha i did that too ^ then when abramovich came they got boring, and i just focused mainly on my local team.

i remember the days of ed de goey, zola, flo, desailly etc. ooh and vialli! what a player/manager he was.

Acidulantes
14-12-2006, 09:24 PM
I remember the fa cup they won when roberto di matteo scored that cracker at wembley... lol that was aggggges ago...

Luckyrare
14-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Its just for glory. I dont like when people do it "/ very sad

efq
14-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Don't know much about english leagues.

PORTUGUESE LEAGUES are better

BENFICA FOO LIFE
ND PORTUGAL

NotSure
14-12-2006, 09:42 PM
i support all apart from liverpool

i aint a glory hunter b4 u say anything, i supported arsenal since they won fa cup and premership, supported man when they won the league and started supporting chelsea season b4 last when they won it..
i go to every home match of those teams, i never miss 1 match so im not exactly a glory hunter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!