PDA

View Full Version : English - Inspector Calls

wildwinter
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey i gotta do an essay on inspector calls anybody got any tips/hints for me please?

+rep

Uwe
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
You need to spend a bit talking about Dramatic Irony.
REMEBER: This is a play! Make reference to how the audience will react to certaint hings.

Hecktix
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
I've got an Inspector calls essay to write... its about 4 weeks late :$

GommeInc
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
What's the title of the essay?

rewind
07-12-2006, 06:04 PM
ah well ive got my english lit mock tomorrow, half on of mice & men.
ive got to write about the two weak characters - lennie and candy..
ahh..

,Jess,
07-12-2006, 07:40 PM
ooh in my exam last year I talked about the stage directions and how they add to the effect of the whole play like at the start something about the lighting but it depends what the essay title is

Processor
07-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I Have T oWrite About Macbeth

Tussauds!
07-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I have to do inspector calls too, have you watched the video of the play?

I don't like it, it's old and annoying..

But ermm, did you get that sheet "planning frame" that tells you what you should include about the inspector, sheila, gerald etc?

And a word of advice.. Don't put anything that you've wrote anywhere on the internet, it doesn't matter if you wrote it - If they happen to go a quick google search on it and it pops up you will get it ripped up! - Sad I know, but meh.

Chease
07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm doing An Inspector Calls now in English. Not sure which essay you mean though.. Might be one we haven't done yet.

Eamonn
08-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Doing it currently in English now and I quite like it, I haven't started the essay yet but I have just finished doing a group project which I got an A on and it went into my coursework folder. Any tips hmm, just depends how well you know the story, how good at English you are and your essay question.

lMattz
08-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi Winter, i have done the essay on Eva Smith in the book. All i can suggest is that you quote as much as you can to back up your points that you put forwared.

Matt

Throne Sofa
17-12-2006, 10:54 PM
If you still need help PM me, we've just been studying this book and in the exam I got a B+

The exam was about how a chracter changes throughout the play, I did Gerald.

Mitch4?
17-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I've just done my 4782 word essay on inspector calls yesterday and today

The title of mine was "Out of the range of characters in An inspector Calls, does Priestly succeed in creating sympathy for any of them? if so, how does he achieve this?

Inseriousity.
06-01-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm doing coursework for Inspector Calls and the question is...

"Examine the role of the Inspector and what he reveals about the Birling family. Comment upon how Priestly (playwright) uses the characters to reveal his concerns about society..."

Tips

Use quotes to back up your points - for every one!
Refer to the feelings of the audience - in some cases
Refer to the themes of the play - responsbility, morality... etc.

It's about quality not quantity...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!