PDA

View Full Version : This amazed me.

Kenneth
23-12-2006, 04:11 AM
At least 13 more successful shuttle flights to the space station must be completed in the next 4 years - before NASA retires its shuttle fleet.
What aree they gonna use? what are your thoughts?

Fonejacker
23-12-2006, 05:33 AM
What aree they gonna use? what are your thoughts?

Every Contry Contributes to Nasa they have more than enough money They will use Shuttles lol....

Kenneth
23-12-2006, 05:45 AM
No there gonna retire them.

DUB
23-12-2006, 06:50 AM
I personally think its a waste of government money tbh

Fonejacker
23-12-2006, 07:34 AM
I personally think its a waste of government money tbh

In a way i agree when some of the Missions go wrong they have wasted millions of pounds... But Finding out that there was once rivers on mars and these a moon around jupiter thats Similer to earths Atmosphere is quite amazing descovery. Every galaxy has over a bilion stars Circleing the stars there will be planets. The odds of there being another planet simular to ares is in are favour... And i don't think it's a wasted of money to try and find new facts about are universe whitch we Live in...

The shuttles might retire but they will come up with something eles... Like they have planes and concordes they retired the concored and kept the planes :)

DUB
23-12-2006, 09:46 AM
yes it would be interessting to find out about whats up there, but maybe somethings are better left alone

hit-by-a-car
23-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Thats Great!!!

For all you who think its not everyone on earth will be dead in 80-70 years, so let climate change get ya!!! or we can hitch off this planet and escape to a paradise.

Mentor
23-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Climet change isnt going to kill us off, hell its becuse of climate change we won the evilotary war to start with, humans are one of the most adaptable lifeforms on the planet, we can survive almost anyware "/

Plus were still useing the same technolgy to make it in to space as they did in the cold war and orignal space race, aka big rocket, lots of fule, lots of exspence. This technolgy is already quite obsoleat, its just the cost of new technolgys currently outwights the billions i can cost for a single shuttle launch. Projects like the spaceship 1 etc, are the future (there alot like plains that can make it in to a low orbit) from here, breaking orbit can be achivead with minimal effort compaired to current methods, this massivly cuts down on the weight limits of current space travel and the massive fule costs, also near orbital ships are complety reuseable, like current shuttles, exspet you dont have to have about 50 tones of rocket ejected off, which is one of the main dangers in a space launch, the immence amount of whats litraly just exloves attached the the ship "/
So i think that the next geniration will make access to space far more achievale, although more dominated by industry than goverment forces, many companys are already launching there own sattlights, take the new GPS like system comeing out of eurpoe.

Tiuhdur
23-12-2006, 10:08 PM
on the news nasa announced they were going to build a base on the moon and they beleive ice is at the south pole so the could possably get water for the base and this is supposed to be happenin in 2020 so why stop shuttles within 4 years?

alarmclock
24-12-2006, 04:23 PM
this isn't fact - NASA won't do it. :)

Naythi.
25-12-2006, 08:27 PM
yeah but we cant live here forever
And hopefully somewhere out there is a liveable planet with fresh water and breatheble Air !

So pelase keep nasa going . . . . I fink space and that stuff WOWS me out to da max ! but its real wierd ectect !

Mentor
26-12-2006, 08:12 AM
on the news nasa announced they were going to build a base on the moon and they beleive ice is at the south pole so the could possably get water for the base and this is supposed to be happenin in 2020 so why stop shuttles within 4 years?
The same reason we dont use steam trains on the railways now days. There primiative and better technolgy is avaaible, hence we have to switch to the new technolgys at some time, dispite the big cost.

-:Undertaker:-
26-12-2006, 03:05 PM
NASA are going to retire the Shuttle Fleet, they've done something like 20 Years of service and their getting old, the wires in them are starting to fail, the Shuttles are near the end.

What they'll use next is a mystery, I guess that's what Area 51 is for :)

alarmclock
26-12-2006, 08:44 PM
NASA are going to retire the Shuttle Fleet, they've done something like 20 Years of service and their getting old, the wires in them are starting to fail, the Shuttles are near the end.

What they'll use next is a mystery, I guess that's what Area 51 is for :)
area51 is for boswanian ****o films.

Sammeth.
27-12-2006, 12:08 AM
In a way i agree when some of the Missions go wrong they have wasted millions of pounds... But Finding out that there was once rivers on mars and these a moon around jupiter thats Similer to earths Atmosphere is quite amazing descovery. Every galaxy has over a bilion stars Circleing the stars there will be planets. The odds of there being another planet simular to ares is in are favour... And i don't think it's a wasted of money to try and find new facts about are universe whitch we Live in...

Most of these discoveries were made by unmanned space crafts and sattelites - and the ones that werent, could easily be done like this. I guess it makes more sense to use unmanned space craft that has been proven to work just as successfully as manned expiditions. Its a lot safer, and a lot more informative.

Mentor
27-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Most of these discoveries were made by unmanned space crafts and sattelites - and the ones that werent, could easily be done like this. I guess it makes more sense to use unmanned space craft that has been proven to work just as successfully as manned expiditions. Its a lot safer, and a lot more informative.

Unmaned flights are more limited in capasity than manned fights though, alot of things do still requre humans, if something goes wrong with a satalight by the time they can send a command to the sattlight to save it, it would have probably been a few hours since it imbedied itself in a planet, comet or astroide "/
Most unmanned missions are limited by the exstent of the coputer AI's we can build which are still pretty primative in relative terms to a human "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!