PDA

View Full Version : LEAGUE 1 PROMOTION! POLL!

Antallica
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Who will go up?

Zac
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Farts united

Antallica
02-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Didnt let me say scunforpe

piddle2k6
02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
They all will...Did u mean who will win the league?

Antallica
02-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Yes. ^

gosling
02-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Oldham have been on great form lately but Scunny to win it, surely. With Billy Sharp up front, they're unstoppable. I guess it all depends on the January transfer window and whether Sharp stays with them, but if he does, the league's theres. Forest have taken a right dip in form of late and I can't see them regaining top position. So yeah, Oldham or Forest to come 2nd but Scunny to win the league.

Antallica
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Oldham do have Chris Porter, Paul Warne, And Andy Liddell though, I think oldham will go up this year!

Zac
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
i voted Oldham even tho i support Spurs

gosling
02-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Oldham do have Chris Porter, Paul Warne, And Andy Liddell though, I think oldham will go up this year!Yeah, I reckon promotion's on the cards for your lot if you can keep up your current form but I can't see you winning the league! 2nd place at best for the latics :P

piddle2k6
02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Well i have seen all at dean court this season Nottingham forest - 3rd (beat them 2-0) S****horpe - 2nd (drew 1-1) And Oldham 1st - (beat 3-2) well i think oldham were good when we played them, we were just awesome. S****horpe looked average (especiallly sharpe) and forest were awful but that may have been down to us injuring there good striker in the first minute but you did absolutely hammer them yesterday even though they had 10 and then 9 men for most of the match. With that kind of form mentioned above relegation should be the least of our worries but unfortunately we fail to beat the millwalls, leyt orients and such.

gosling
02-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Well i have seen all at dean court this season Nottingham forest - 3rd (beat them 2-0) S****horpe - 2nd (drew 1-1) And Oldham 1st - (beat 3-2) well i think oldham were good when we played them, we were just awesome. S****horpe looked average (especiallly sharpe) and forest were awful but that may have been down to us injuring there good striker in the first minute but you did absolutely hammer them yesterday even though they had 10 and then 9 men for most of the match. With that kind of form mentioned above relegation should be the least of our worries but unfortunately we fail to beat the millwalls, leyt orients and such.Bloody hell, 7 points from the top 3 and you're 21st!? Dean Court must be something of a fortress.

Antallica
02-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Forest + Scunny are 2 hard working teams

sharp for scunny
holty [ex-rochdale player] for forest
porter [for oldham]
tyson [forest]

all goal eating players.

gosling
02-01-2007, 04:31 PM

sharp for scunny
porter [for oldham]
tyson [forest]

all goal eating players.Apparently a few prem clubs have been on the hunt for Sharp for quite a while now. Stuart Pearce has been spotted at Glanford Park so if he's offered a good contract by a prem club in January, he could be off...but the step-up hasn't always worked...remember Jon Stead? :rolleyes: If Sharp, Porter and Tyson stick with their clubs through the transfer window, it's gonna be quite an interesting title race. Oldham are firing on all cylinders atm so Forest could really do without disturbance in the transfer window. Anyway, my tips are still Scunny for the title with Oldham/Forest coming a close 2nd. Either way, I reckon all three are going up, be it automatically or through the play-offs.

piddle2k6
02-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Bloody hell, 7 points from the top 3 and you're 21st!? Dean Court must be something of a fortress.
Yes dean court is a hard place to come and we always give "good" teams a run for our money. we are 21st because of our november form and end of september. Were also really bad against "bad" teams who tend to PUnt the ball forward as we try and play the way they do. Also we're bad away from form especially in the early part of the season

gosling
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes dean court is a hard place to come and we always give "good" teams a run for our money. we are 21st because of our november form and end of september. Were also really bad against "bad" teams who tend to PUnt the ball forward as we try and play the way they do. Also we're bad away from form especially in the early part of the seasonYou're in a very similar situation to us at the moment, doing decently against the big guns, then being beaten in games you'd expect to win. It's gonna be a close relegation battle but I think Brentford are almost certs for the drop now (and how it feels good to say that! ) and Millwall & Orient could slip back down there. I reckon Rotherham will pull away and make their way up to mid-table sooner or later. It'll be your lot, Brentford, Millwall, Orient and Northampton battling it out. ;)

summer
02-01-2007, 05:00 PM
we're the same as you brad. we can lose 4-1 to colchester, but then go to birmingham and get a point 3 days later.

i think forest will win league one.

gosling
02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
we're the same as you brad. we can lose 4-1 to colchester, but then go to birmingham and get a point 3 days later.

i think forest will win league one.Yeah, the Championship's so god damn tight. It wasn't long ago West Brom were quoted as having the strongest strikeforce in the league. They beat Preston 4-2, Ipswich 2-0, then 2 days later go and lose 3-1 at Southend; being 3-0 down at half-time! It's far too close to call at the moment. I still reckon Brum will win the league, but who follows them to the premiership? Derby? Preston? Saints? WBA? Anyway, despite their amazing victory yesterday, I still reckon Southend will finish bottom but who follows them down to League 1 is practically impossible to predict.

piddle2k6
02-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I think its brentford, cheltenham, Leyton orient, and northampton in that order going down. Bottom to top

Jamie!
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Hard choice between Forest, Oldham, and Scunny...we've only played Scunny so far at home, and they played us off the park for the whole game..if they can keep Sharpe and Keogh then I think they will win the league. Forest will start picking up points again soon and Oldham will finish 3rd me thinks. From seeing us play at Forest and Oldham away this season, Oldham didn't look too good but it was near the start of the season when we played them (When Oldham were doing crap lol), and Forest, well they weren't anything special, if anything, we shoulda won instead of getting the 1 point.

We will finish 4th :D:D

Jamie!
04-01-2007, 02:53 PM

sharp for scunny
porter [for oldham]
tyson [forest]

all goal eating players.

Can't edit my last post to add this so mods, don't bother giving me an infraction/warning...

Grant Holt is meant to be going to Brizzle C, but he has also meant to have said that he would prefer a move to us as its his hometown and supports us (Carlisle). But he will probs be with Forest still come the end of the season...

sl4rt is banned
04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I dunna who will win it but i got a feeling Millwall go down :D Gillingham in playoffs dunna first though

ScouseOrient
04-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I think its brentford, cheltenham, Leyton orient, and northampton in that order going down. Bottom to top

You wish.....

sorry whos OUT of the relagation places and above bournemouth? and going on last meeting, we beat you....

we're on the up and your just like on the down.....

And we've beaten forest away

YellowParasol
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I think Scunforpe will go up even tho i dont want them 2 (if we went up and scunforpe stayed down, its only about 40 mins drive from Peterborough)

gosling
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I think Scunforpe will go up even tho i dont want them 2 (if we went up and scunforpe stayed down, its only about 40 mins drive from Peterborough)Oooh, nothing like a good derby! That outcome isn't too likely, though :(

YellowParasol
05-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Incase ppl didnt get tht i meant if Scunforpe stayed in League 1 and we got promoted this season from league 2 wed be in the same league

Bradders your right nuffin like a local derby ;)

ash_rocks666
06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Farts united

Bit babyish tbh.

piddle2k6
06-01-2007, 09:50 AM
:D
You wish.....

sorry whos OUT of the relagation places and above bournemouth? and going on last meeting, we beat you....

we're on the up and your just like on the down.....

And we've beaten forest away

Weve beaten forest home, oldham home and drew with s****horpe. Also we have played also we have probably got a cash injection in january if we get our new consortium:D

Grainger@CUFC
06-01-2007, 08:35 PM
At least there's another Carlisle supporter on here to back me up :D

Yh Scunny to finish 1st, then Oldham in 2nd and Forest in 3rd. Said that, we'll win the play-offs :D

Danny Graham to sign permanently and get 20 goals :eusa_pray

gosling
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
At least there's another Carlisle supporter on here to back me up :D

Yh Scunny to finish 1st, then Oldham in 2nd and Forest in 3rd. Said that, we'll win the play-offs :D

Danny Graham to sign permanently and get 20 goals :eusa_prayIf you go up this season, I'll eat my hat. I remember the days when you were always hanging around the bottom of the old Division 3! Three successive promotions will be beyond your wildest dreams! Good luck, nonetheless :)

Grainger@CUFC
06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
If you go up this season, I'll eat my hat. I remember the days when you were always hanging around the bottom of the old Division 3! Three successive promotions will be beyond your wildest dreams! Good luck, nonetheless :)

Ty, and yes too fond a memory stick in the mind of May 2004, going into Conference football, god there were some s***holes.
And yes, at least we were entertaining at the bottom. Not many teams can boast a goalkeeper scoring to keep you in the football league :D
And I think even being 10th at the minute is beyond anyone's expectations from the start of the season.

Also, if we did get 3 successive promotions, we'd be the first English team to do it :8

Pretty
06-01-2007, 09:22 PM
cmonnnnnn uuuuuuuu reddddddddddddddddddddddsssss

gosling
06-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Ty, and yes too fond a memory stick in the mind of May 2004, going into Conference football, god there were some s***holes.
And yes, at least we were entertaining at the bottom. Not many teams can boast a goalkeeper scoring to keep you in the football league :D
And I think even being 10th at the minute is beyond anyone's expectations from the start of the season.

Also, if we did get 3 successive promotions, we'd be the first English team to do it :8Wow. I think Doncaster done 2, but 3 would be incredible. I remember you getting crowds of 5,000+ in the conference which was brilliant. If you do go up, you'll have gone from playing at the likes of Gravesend & Northfleet and Canvey Island - to playing the likes of Leeds and Southampton within the space of 3 years! :P

Grainger@CUFC
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
EASYYY :eusa_danc Lol

Yh 3 words - Forest Green Rovers :eusa_wall

EDIT: We also got 10,000 + in the Conference (if you count play-off semi) :D

Jamie!
07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Lol, Leigh RMI was the worst place... 2000 of us and 500 odd of them.

Looks as if Sharpe and Keogh will be staying until the summer at least now so if they can stay fit Scunny will be my favourites for the league.

gosling
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Looks as if Sharpe and Keogh will be staying until the summer at least now so if they can stay fit Scunny will be my favourites for the league.Haha, more away fans than home? Anyway, yeah, if Scunny can hold on to Sharpe and Keogh, the league's theres for the taking :P

Grainger@CUFC
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Looks as if Sharpe and Keogh will be staying until the summer at least now so if they can stay fit Scunny will be my favourites for the league.

I thought it might have been. I couldnt go there though. Missed winning 6-1 :(

And yeah, Sharp is scorin for fun at the minute. Keep him and theyre up tbh.

Andeeh
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I Know They Wont Get Up But Seeing As Im From There. Brighton !

Robzor
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
omg
obviously nottm forest yh

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
obviously nottm forest

No, not obviously Forest. The league's just over halfway gone, plenty of time for a team to creep up from mid-table or from the play-off positions and take the title or 2nd place. Although, I don't think there will be much change, but it could still happen :P

sl4rt is banned
09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
meh i thought ill do my predictions for top 6 teams :P

Oldham
S****horpe
Forest
Carlisle
Gillingham
TranmereThats what i think anyway i thinks gills got a good chance of getting into the playoffs if we concentrate a bit more when we scored goals we seem to switch off :rolleyes:

EDIT: 116 days to go :p

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
4. Carlisle

Tad ambitious there lol. Tbh I think we'll be lucky to reach the play-offs, and if we do it'll be in 6th place. Our away form this season has been atrocious and that's what will probably prevent us getting there.

Fonejacker
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
There all rubbish tbh...

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
There all rubbish tbh...

You don't have to come up with an opinion like that. We're talking about the 3rd tier of English football. So the teams between 45th and about 60th in the whole of English football, so you can hardly call any of our teams rubbish.

sl4rt is banned
09-01-2007, 08:57 PM
You don't have to come up with an opinion like that. We're talking about the 3rd tier of English football. So the teams between 45th and about 60th in the whole of English football, so you can hardly call any of our teams rubbish.

What he said :D

Tad ambitious there lol. Tbh I think we'll be lucky to reach the play-offs, and if we do it'll be in 6th place. Our away form this season has been atrocious and that's what will probably prevent us getting there.
Hell yeah i know your away is apalling but your home is nice

But gills got worst away status :'( conceded 33 goals away :p:p

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
What he said :D

Thank you :D

conceded 33 goals away

I thought ours was bad lol, we've only won twice away from home all season :eusa_wall

And yes our home form is good. Won 9. Drawn 2. Lost 2. :P

gosling
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
There all rubbish tbh...Right...firstly, it's they're, not there. Secondly, how could you possibly call the top teams in this league rubbish? If you're a Coventry fan (going by location), look at the way your team were held to a draw at Ashton Gate against Bristol City, who, might I add, aren't even mentioned in the poll. A couple more results; Sheff Utd 0-3 Swansea & Nott'm Forest 2-0 Charlton. They speak for themselves. It's a really competitive league and the promotion race is pretty exciting. For instance, who would've expected Barnsley to come through and win promotion through the play-offs last year? My odds were on Brentford and Swansea right the way through! And in a twist of fate, Brentford have now got a huge fight on their hands to survive in the league! Look at the quality of some of the players in League 1 too...your Lee Trundles, your Billy Sharps, your Nathan Tysons. So next time, think before you speak because you're only gonna get flamed for comments like those. x

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Right...firstly, it's they're, not there. Secondly, how could you possibly call the top teams in this league rubbish? If you're a Coventry fan (going by location), look at the way your team were held to a draw at Ashton Gate against Bristol City, who, might I add, aren't even mentioned in the poll. A couple more results; Sheff Utd 0-3 Swansea & Nott'm Forest 2-0 Charlton. They speak for themselves. It's a really competetive league and the promotion race is pretty exciting. For instance, who would've expected Barnsley to come through and win promotion through the play-offs last year? My odds were on Brentford and Swansea right the way through! And in a twist of fate, Brentford have now got a huge fight on their hands to survive in the league! Look at the quality of some of the players in League 1 too...your Lee Trundles, your Billy Sharps, your Nathan Tysons. So next time, think before you speak because you're only gonna get flamed for comments like those. x

Firstly, thank you for backing me up :D.
Second, you're right (yet again) Bristol City should have been included.
Third, Brentford also have a dire financial situation with the fans running the club which is a bad move from the off. They also have a chairman who isn't willing to put money into the club. All this is what has put them in the bottom 4 this year.
Fourth, I hate Lee Trundle :P

sl4rt is banned
09-01-2007, 09:14 PM
True bristol city might get far but i didnt include them for them knocking us out in FACUP :P

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
True bristol city might get far but i didnt include them for them knocking us out in FACUP :P

Lol, a tad harsh I feel, but oh well you decided :)

gosling
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Firstly, thank you for backing me up :D.
Second, you're right (yet again) Bristol City should have been included.
Third, Brentford also have a dire financial situation with the fans running the club which is a bad move from the off. They also have a chairman who isn't willing to put money into the club. All this is what has put them in the bottom 4 this year.
Fourth, I hate Lee Trundle :PYeah, I'm aware of Brentford's financial situation. Having the fans running the club does seem an odd decision and it's obviously not working in their favour. As much as Brentford hate QPR and vice versa, it's sad to see another club in this kind of situation. Anyway, I think you'll find you ain't the only one who dislikes Lee Trundle! He's even on an image rights contract at Swansea...grr!

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:18 PM
He's even on an image rights contract at Swansea!

Lmao, my mate will want to hear that tomorrow :P. And yes, I think about the whole population of Carlisle hate him :rolleyes:, well out of the people I know anyway.

gosling
09-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Lmao, my mate will want to hear that tomorrow :P. And yes, I think about the whole population of Carlisle hate him :rolleyes:, well out of the people I know anyway.Haha, and surprise surprise...the whole of Cardiff hates him! He and Alan Tate were actually arrested for this...

(after LDV Vans final) Edit: Image has been...sort of censored! ;)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/matchofthedaywales/images/swansea_city/2005_06/ldv/flag200.jpg

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Haha, and surprise surprise...the whole of Cardiff hates him! He and Alan Tate were actually arrested for this...

(after LDV Vans final) Edit: Image has been...sort of censored! ;)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/matchofthedaywales/images/swansea_city/2005_06/ldv/flag200.jpg

Lol, nice editing there :D. Yeh they got fined heavily and for Trundle wearing that t-shirt. And if i want to be picky, it was the FLT (Football League Trophy) Final. :rolleyes:

gosling
09-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Lol, nice editing there :D. Yeh they got fined heavily and for Trundle wearing that t-shirt. And if i want to be picky, it was the FLT (Football League Trophy) Final. :rolleyes:Johnstone's Paint, whatever they call it these days! And BBC edited the pic for me ;)

On the subject of Swansea, I reckon they might have an outside chance in the play-offs this season. I was really surprised they lost to Barnsley at Cardiff last season.

Here he is in the infamous shirt which landed him the fine...

http://soccerword.com/media/cartoon.jpg

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Johnstone's Paint, whatever they call it these days! And BBC edited the pic for me ;)

On the subject of Swansea, I reckon they might have an outside chance in the play-offs this season. I was really surprised they lost to Barnsley at Cardiff last season.

Here he is in the infamous shirt which landed him the fine...

http://soccerword.com/media/cartoon.jpg

Yes that's the t-shirt i was on about :P. And thank you BBC for the picture editing then lol. Yes it is now the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but during last season LDV went bust so the competition lost sponsorship. This is why the Football League just kept the competition running as the Football League Trophy without sponsorship for the rest of the season. :D

gosling
09-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Yes that's the t-shirt i was on about :P. And thank you BBC for the picture editing then lol. Yes it is now the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but during last season LDV went bust so the competition lost sponsorship. This is why the Football League just kept the competition running as the Football League Trophy without sponsorship for the rest of the season. :DHaha! So many sponsorship deals in football these days, it's unreal.
Carling Cup
e-on FA Cup
Barclays Premiership
Coca-Cola Football League
Johnstone's Paint Trophy
Nationwide ConferenceThe list is endless...it goes without saying the Paint Trophy's the worst sounding of 'em all, though!

Anyway, I've just seen that Carlisle are only 3 points from the play-offs! Outside chance, perhaps? It would be a rags to riches story with 3 successive promotions. No matter what, it's gonna be another very exciting season in that league and I'd say about 12 teams are capable of promotion. My tips are still Scunny, Oldham & Nottm Forest but with the way Bristol City and Yeovil are pushing for 2nd spot and the likes of Blackpool and Tranmere are pushing for the play-offs, it's a free-for-all!

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha! So many sponsorship deals in football these days, it's unreal.

Carling Cup
e-on FA Cup
Barclays Premiership
Coca-Cola Football League
Johnstone's Paint Trophy
Nationwide ConferenceThe list is endless...it goes without saying the Paint Trophy's the worst sounding of 'em all, though!

Anyway, I've just seen that Carlisle are only 3 points from the play-offs! Outside chance, perhaps? It would be a rags to riches story with 3 successive promotions. No matter what, it's gonna be another very exciting season in that league and I'd say about 12 teams are capable of promotion. My tips are still Scunny, Oldham & Nottm Forest but with the way Bristol City and Yeovil are pushing for 2nd spot and the likes of Blackpool and Tranmere are pushing for play-offs, it's a free-for-all!

God you're right about the sponsorship, these days they're only bothered about gaining money from the beautiful game. And yes, the Johnstones Paint Trophy is the longest and worst :P.

And I didn't even know we were only 3 points behind so thats a big boost :D. Also, signing Paul Thirlwell at last will help and the return of Paul Murray from injury will hopefully push us on that little bit further :).

Finally, I would hardly ever say we were "rags" just "financially troubled from time to time" :P. Well from time to time, I mean all of the late 90s/early 00s with Michael Knighton :@. He was only ever in it to try and make money, never for the benefit of the club the scheming *******. He even managed the team at one point AND apparently saw UFOs :eusa_wall. I suppose we should have seen it coming when he tried to buy Manchester United for £10 million.

gosling
09-01-2007, 10:09 PM
God you're right about the sponsorship, these days they're only bothered about gaining money from the beautiful game. And yes, the Johnstones Paint Trophy is the longest and worst :P.

And I didn't even know we were only 3 points behind so thats a big boost :D. Also, signing Paul Thirlwell at last will help and the return of Paul Murray from injury will hopefully push us on that little bit further :).

Finally, I would hardly ever say we were "rags" just "financially troubled from time to time" :P. Well from time to time, I mean all of the late 90s/early 00s with Michael Knighton :@. He was only ever in it to try and make money, never for the benefit of the club the scheming *******. He even managed the team at one point AND apparently saw UFOs :eusa_wall. I suppose we should have seen it coming when he tried to buy Manchester United for £10 million.10 Million! Is he having a laugh!? And the UFOs? You really should've seen it coming, the guy sounds like a nutter! Well at least you've seen the back of that moron now and you're on the up at last. Might need another few seasons in League One yet but can only wish you luck - hope to be playing your lot next season...in the Championship! :eusa_shif

Grainger@CUFC
09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Million! Is he having a laugh!? And the UFOs? You really should've seen it coming, the guy sounds like a nutter! Well at least you've seen the back of that moron now and you're on the up at last. Might need another few seasons in League One yet though but can only wish you luck, hope to be playing your lot next season...in the Championship! :eusa_shif

Yes, hopefully we will be, however long the odds may be :).

Well, with Knighton, everything seemed fine at the start. Yo-yoing between Division 2 and 3 for about 3/4 seasons. Selling our best player at the time (Paul Murray) to you and Matt Jansen left for an absolute pittence. Then, seeing the aliens :eusa_wall. It was all downhill after that, relegation battle after relegation battle. Waiting until the last kick of a game to stay in the Football League, you really don't want your club to be in that situation. After years of protest, the fans got him out and John Courtneay bought the club and was in charge for a couple of years until, now owner, Fred Story bought him out and has turned the club from in the red to in the black :D.

gosling
09-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Yes, hopefully we will be, however long the odds may be :).

Well, with Knighton, everything seemed fine at the start. Yo-yoing between Division 2 and 3 for about 3/4 seasons. Selling our best player at the time (Paul Murray) to you and Matt Jansen left for an absolute pittence. Then, seeing the aliens :eusa_wall. It was all downhill after that, relegation battle after relegation battle. Waiting until the last kick of a game to stay in the Football League, you really don't want your club to be in that situation. After years of protest, the fans got him out and John Courtneay bought the club and was in charge for a couple of years until, now owner, Fred Story bought him out and has turned the club from in the red to in the black :D.Great to hear the fans' revolt was successful, never should a moron like him be in charge of a football club. When we were in financial difficulties 6 years ago, there were clashes between the fans and the chairman (Chris Wright), who eventually, thankfully, stepped down. Anyway, Paul Murray is a legend in his own right, and I'd welcome him back to Loftus Road any time! I remember you being saved by a whisker, that legendary goalkeeper who scored on the last day of the season to keep you up...now that is a fairytale story!
There should be a statue of him erected somewhere in Cumbria!

hit1
09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Notts forest the others suck. They beat charlton, whos the daddy?

DJ gibber
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Notts forest deffo

gosling
09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Forest are a massive club with a glorious history and a huge fan base...I mean they've won more European Cups than Arsenal and Chelsea put together! They don't deserve to be languishing where they are. Having said that, I'll stand by what I've said so many times now - Forest 1-4 Orient, Oldham 5-0 Forest - Yeah, they're in a bad spell. There's every chance they'll recover from this, with the cup win being a big boost. But I just have a gut feeling that it ain't happening! 2nd place at best for Forest :badgrin:

Robzor
10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
No, not obviously Forest. The league's just over halfway gone, plenty of time for a team to creep up from mid-table or from the play-off positions and take the title or 2nd place. Although, I don't think there will be much change, but it could still happen :P

lol buts what chances of carlisle utd going up? lol

@bradders

omgs , the evil queen parker :'(

DannyyTBH.
10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Sha up fake forest fan ^^

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyway, Paul Murray is a legend in his own right, and I'd welcome him back to Loftus Road any time!

Yeah, hes been our best player this season, in my view. Well, before he went and got injured :(

I remember you being saved by a whisker, that legendary goalkeeper who scored on the last day of the season to keep you up...now that is a fairytale story!

Fairytale story is one of many ways I've heard describe that goal. Pity Jimmy Glass didn't get a contract up here seeing as Knighton was an absolute ****. Hard to believe he was an on-loan goalkeeper from Swindon Town :P. He's now unfortunately quit football, and to be honest, his life is in ruins. Unfortunate for a club legend like him to get like that :(

lol buts what chances of carlisle utd going up? lol

Not too much of a chance, but we have as much of a chance of you getting promoted as we do getting to the play-offs :D.

Robzor
10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
lol
but its dodgy when your in playoffs :'(

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM
lol
but its dodgy when your in playoffs :'(

Tough, I think it's a good format, giving teams who would finish with nothing after a very hard fought season to go up a chance to still make their hard work pay off. It worked for us when we came up from the Conference :D.

gosling
10-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah, hes been our best player this season, in my view. Well, before he went and got injured :(

Fairytale story is one of many ways I've heard describe that goal. Pity Jimmy Glass didn't get a contract up here seeing as Knighton was an absolute ****. Hard to believe he was an on-loan goalkeeper from Swindon Town :P. He's now unfortunately quit football, and to be honest, his life is in ruins. Unfortunate for a club legend like him to get like that :(Ah, it's a shame to see the demise of such legendary figures. Anyway, you've got some huge matches coming up in in a few weeks which could decide where you're heading this season. On paper, it looks like you'll need at least another year in League 1 but you never know - we're half-way through the season and it's still too hard to predict the final outcome. If you do make it to the play-offs, I'll definitely be rooting for your lot! :P

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Anyway, you've got some huge matches coming up in in a few weeks which could decide where you're heading this season. On paper, it looks like you'll need at least another year in League 1 but you never know - we're half-way through the season and it's still too hard to predict the final outcome. If you do make it to the play-offs, I'll definitely be rooting for your lot! :P

Ty, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on QPR every week, dedicated Championship viewer ;).

And yes, most of the home matches we have left are really tough. They include Crewe, Forest, Swansea, Bristol City and Yeovil. All real 6-pointers for us. PLUS, we've still got to travel to Tranmere and Scunny. :(

gosling
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Ty, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on QPR every week, dedicated Championship viewer ;).

And yes, most of the home matches we have left are really tough. They include Crewe, Forest, Swansea, Bristol City and Yeovil. All real 6-pointers for us. PLUS, we've still got to travel to Tranmere and Scunny. :(Haha, my alarm's set for 9:45 every Sunday morning for all the highlights. And blimey, some real big'uns coming up for your lot! At least the majority of 'em are at Brunton Park :] We've got two 6 pointers coming up, starting this weekend at Hull who are only 1 place below us and then on the 30th, away to Barnsley who are 2 places below us. Big relegation fight this year between us, Luton, Hull, Barnsley, Leeds & Southend. Let's hope you don't get sucked into the relegation battle in the later stages of your own season! It's really close down there.

My prediction for Carlisle, mid-table...not too much of a dissapointment. Second half of the season could be mediocre - things could get nasty! I'd give it another year before tipping you for promotion. Don't quote me on that come the end of February, though! :P

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Haha, my alarm's set for 9:45 every Sunday morning for all the highlights. And blimey, some real big'uns coming up for your lot! At least the majority of 'em are at Brunton Park :] We've got two 6 pointers coming up, starting this weekend at Hull who are only 1 place below us and then on the 30th, away to Barnsley who are 2 places below us. Big relegation fight this year between us, Luton, Hull, Barnsley, Leeds & Southend. Let's hope you don't get sucked into the relegation battle in the later stages of your own season! It's really close down there.

My prediction for Carlisle, mid-table...not too much of a dissapointment. Second half of the season could be mediocre - things could get nasty! I'd give it another year before tipping you for promotion. Don't quote me on that come the end of February, though! :P

Yeh it's a big boost that we have most of our big matches left at home where we do have a better record. -touch wood- . As long as you beat Hull out of that lot, I'm good :D. I think you should stay up. Hull, Leeds & Southend to go down I'm afraid.

And yeh, anyone would have taken mid-table at the start of the season, but to many people it seems a bit of a let-down. And yeh, if we can keep our good players and add a bit more to the squad we can push for promotion this season or next :). And I'll try not to keep that in mind :rolleyes:.

gosling
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeh it's a big boost that we have most of our big matches left at home where we do have a better record. -touch wood- . As long as you beat Hull out of that lot, I'm good :D. I think you should stay up. Hull, Leeds & Southend to go down I'm afraid.

And yeh, anyone would have taken mid-table at the start of the season, but to many people it seems a bit of a let-down. And yeh, if we can keep our good players and add a bit more to the squad we can push for promotion this season or next :). And I'll try not to keep that in mind :rolleyes:.To think, you could be playing Leeds next season. In 2000, nobody would've thought a league meeting between the two sides would be possible in their lifetime, what with your last day heroics in '99 and Leeds flying the flag for Yorkshire at the top of the Prem. It might just become a reality next season though. I'm sure there'd be a lot of revenue for home matches against Leeds so them going down can't be a bad thing for anyone...but themselves. :badgrin: Let's just hope that doesn't backfire on me with Tore Andre Flo scoring a hat-trick against us in February. :p

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 06:30 PM
To think, you could be playing Leeds next season. In 2000, nobody would've thought a league meeting between the two sides would be possible in their lifetime, what with your last day heroics in '99 and Leeds flying the flag for Yorkshire at the top of the Prem. It might just become a reality next season though. I'm sure there'd be a lot of revenue for home matches against Leeds so them going down can't be a bad thing for anyone...but themselves. :badgrin: Let's just hope that doesn't backfire on me with Tore Andre Flo scoring a hat-trick against us in February. :p

Lol, we could be playing the Champions League semi-finalists from 6 years ago :o. And yeh, we should get a big crowd against Leeds if we do get to play them. Who'd think it, Champions League to League 1 in 6 years :s. How that's happened beats me. I suppose they have sold many of their good players over the last few years. Viduka, Kewell etc. and more recently Rob Hulse.

I'm unsure about Flo, is he too old? 33 now. Or will he bang the goals in at 1 step down from what he knows of the English game? Who knows, we'll wait and see

gosling
10-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Lol, we could be playing the Champions League semi-finalists from 6 years ago :o. And yeh, we should get a big crowd against Leeds if we do get to play them. Who'd think it, Champions League to League 1 in 6 years :s. How that's happened beats me. I suppose they have sold many of their good players over the last few years. Viduka, Kewell etc. and more recently Rob Hulse.

I'm unsure about Flo, is he too old? 33 now. Or will he bang the goals in at 1 step down from what he knows of the English game? Who knows, we'll wait and seeFinancial problems got the better of 'em.

I think this presentation (http://www.htfc-world.com/Cartoons/title/front/leedsdown.swf) made by a Huddersfield fan just about sums them up!

As for Mr. Flo, he flopped on his return to Norway at Valarenga and I can't see him setting the Championship alight, if I'm honest!

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Financial problems got the better of 'em.

I think this presentation (http://www.htfc-world.com/Cartoons/title/front/leedsdown.swf) made by a Huddersfield fan just about sums them up!

As for Mr. Flo, he flopped on his return to Norway at Valarenga and I can't see him setting the Championship alight, if I'm honest!

Oh right, the usual then.

And yeh, Flo might be ok, but age might get the better of him. The Championship might be at too fast a pace for a striker of his age, especially when he's been away from the English game as long as this.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
:o Graingers and bradders taken other the thread *makes a post*

Notts forest the others suck. They beat charlton, whos the daddy?
Dude i said this in your thread no offence but im surprised you didnt get more,

Its charlton ffs :p

But im going to have to change my personalitie to yours for this posts *cough*:

Gillingham going up by far, We beat charlton whos the daddy ffs!1!?

In other words my point is charlton are lucky they are in premiership all i can say dont like em 1 bit :@

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Graingers and bradders taken other the thread

:D Aren't we just. At least we've actually managed to keep a conversation going over like 3 days lol. We've also stayed on topic somehow :).

Anyway, I think Gillingham will finish mid-table, but that's my view :P.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
:D Aren't we just. At least we've actually managed to keep a conversation going over like 3 days lol. We've also stayed on topic somehow :).

Anyway, I think Gillingham will finish mid-table, but that's my view :P.
:o nowai .. i hope :p just a shame really...
Looking back over the years to look at how strong we were and our average league finnish it was nice feeling but now its not as good meh i dunna why :p i dunna where we went wrong and gone down other than the fact we sell our good players for normal players to come in :rolleyes:

Back in the day with super bobby taylor, carl asaba, marlon king, Iffy onura, andy thomspon etc etc and in the wayyy back day with some good players eg tony cascerino and steve bruce etc

Btw you all hate tranmere right ? Well gills site just confirded this :

"Quid-a-Kid" for Tranmere...

Gillingham Football Club is pleased to announce this month's Coca-Cola League One match against Tranmere Rovers has been designated "Quid-a-Kid".
Every child Under the age of 16, accompanied by a full paying adult will be charged just £1 entry for the match to be played on Friday 26th February 2007, and to be televised live on Sky Sports One and Sky Sports HD.
The "Quid-a-Kid" offer will not apply to tickets purchased for seats in the Brian Moore Stand.
Please Note: Only One child per full paying adult will be admitted for £1, any subsequent children will be charged the normal admission fee.

Like i dont care about the £1 charge if with adult but im talking about its on sky sports xD lets show the world how good we still can be :rolleyes::p

EDIT: 400th post lawl

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Looking back over the years to look at how strong we were and our average league finnish it was nice feeling but now its not as good meh i dunna why :p i dunna where we went wrong and gone down other than the fact we sell our good players for normal players to come in :rolleyes:

Like i dont care about the £1 charge if with adult but im talking about its on sky sports xD lets show the world how good we still can be :rolleyes::p

Yh I think you definitely miss Mr. Hessentahler (If I'm right he used to play for you :s). Anyway he made a wrong move going to Barnet.

You're on Sky :@. They hardly ever show anything lower than the Championship. I mean MK Donalds and Lincoln :$. I know the Dons are near the top (and so are Lincoln, I think :s I'm not sure), but really. They do need to put more League 1 and 2 games on, not just the play-offs and the odd game throughout the season.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Yh I think you definitely miss Mr. Hessentahler (If I'm right he used to play for you :s). Anyway he made a wrong move going to Barnet.

You're on Sky :@. They hardly ever show anything lower than the Championship. I mean MK Donalds and Lincoln :$. I know the Dons are near the top (and so are Lincoln, I think :s I'm not sure), but really. They do need to put more League 1 and 2 games on, not just the play-offs and the odd game throughout the season.

Yep hessenthaller (yes i know sorry andy cant spell your name and cba looking :p) he was a legend a bit like gerrard if i may say but not as good quality obviously :p

And yeh i dunna whether to watch gills in the pub or go to the match

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh good, I was right. Yeah, Andy Hessentahler, I always rated him for his age. Considering he was fairly old, he still had the skills at the level Gillingham were at when he was playing for you.

Go to the match btw :D

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh good, I was right. Yeah, Andy Hessentahler, I always rated him for his age. Considering he was fairly old, he still had the skills at the level Gillingham were at when he was playing for you.

Go to the match btw :D
Yesh every1 is saying to go to the match :p ZOMFG***STREAKER!11! :p

And yeh hes the second oldest footballer in english league sheringham just behind him by a few months or something Hessy was fun to watch you would never know what he would do with it ;)

gosling
10-01-2007, 08:33 PM

You're on Sky :@. They hardly ever show anything lower than the Championship. I mean MK Donalds and Lincoln :$. I know the Dons are near the top (and so are Lincoln, I think :s I'm not sure), but really. They do need to put more League 1 and 2 games on, not just the play-offs and the odd game throughout the season.MK Donalds match was fairly entertaining though! We've been on TV twice this season, and we're on the BBC if we beat Luton, against Blackburn. We have such an awful record in front of the cameras but we can't turn down the television money!

Yep hessenthaller (yes i know sorry andy cant spell your name and cba looking :p) he was a legend a bit like gerrard if i may say but not as good quality obviously :p

And yeh i dunna whether to watch gills in the pub or go to the match
Go to the match, mate! Can't go wrong for a quid...surely :eusa_shif

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeh gotta find myself a adult then... :p just get mates brother he'll do :D

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
MK Donalds match was fairly entertaining though! We've been on TV twice this season, and we're on the BBC if we beat Luton, against Blackburn. We have such an awful record in front of the cameras but we can't turn down the television money!

Yeah, to be honest, most Football League matches end 0-0 on the TV so 2-2 was a bit more of an entertainig draw :P.
And good for you if you do get through. TV money can help a little bit, however much you get :D.

Carlisle never do a £1 thing :@.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah, to be honest, most Football League matches end 0-0 on the TV so 2-2 was a bit more of an entertainig draw :P.
And good for you if you do get through. TV money can help a little bit, however much you get :D.

Carlisle never do a £1 thing :@.
The best thing is this:

Get on TV live ofc against chelski roman will give you some money because your a low team (:'() and the tv money :p

gosling
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM

Carlisle never do a £1 thing :@.Haha, true. The best example being Luton 0-0 Southend...what a waste of an evening! Having spoken about our Sky hoo-doo, we broke it when we beat Cardiff 1-0 at Ninian Park in front of the cameras a few weeks ago...they haven't won since! :badgrin:

We do the 'kid for a quid' deal for the not-so-enticing matches - when the likes of Crewe (last season) and Barnsley are visiting. The Barnsley match was 2 days before Christmas and there were Christmas-related kids events going on pre-match and half-time...nice tactics to draw them back to Loftus Rd, they're the future fans of the club. People that take part in the deal get their own allocation in a lower tier. Hope we do it again soon, certainly boosts crowds and other clubs (such as Carlisle) should follow suit to attract younger fans. ;)

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Haha, true. The best example being Luton 0-0 Southend...what a waste of an evening! Having spoken about our Sky hoo-doo, we broke it when we beat Cardiff 1-0 at Ninian Park in front of the cameras a few weeks ago...they haven't won since! :badgrin:

We do the 'kid for a quid' deal for the not-so-enticing matches - when the likes of Crewe (last season) and Barnsley are visiting. The Barnsley match was 2 days before Christmas and there were Christmas-related kids events going on pre-match and half-time...nice tactics to draw them back to Loftus Rd, they're the future fans of the club. People that take part in the deal get their own allocation in a lower tier. Hope we do it again soon, certainly boosts crowds and other clubs (such as Carlisle) should follow suit to attract younger fans. ;)

Lol, yeah, Cardiff have really gone off the boil. Well done! :D

You say about younger fans, Carlisle charge £3 for Under-11s :@. That's just crap compared to when I went to Bolton a couple of seasons ago and got in for FREE to a Carling Cup game against Tottenham. One of the best games I've seen. Tottenham won 4-2 AET. Got to see 2 hours of football live for free :D.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Carlisle fan goes watch bolton vs spurs dont sound right :P or am i dumb and bolton is near Carlisle?
:p

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Carlisle fan goes watch bolton vs spurs dont sound right :P or am i dumb and bolton is near Carlisle?
:p

My cousin lives there so whilst I was visiting we decided to go.

It's only about 1 and a half hours away btw :P.

Not the same as watching Carlisle though, just couldn't get fired up for a team I don't support.

sl4rt is banned
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
My cousin lives there so whilst I was visiting we decided to go.

It's only about 1 and a half hours away btw :P.

Not the same as watching Carlisle though, just couldn't get fired up for a team I don't support.Ah k and yeh i know what you mean who cheers when someone you dont support scores :rolleyes:

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Lol, yeah, Cardiff have really gone off the boil. Well done! :D

You say about younger fans, Carlisle charge £3 for Under-11s :@. That's just crap compared to when I went to Bolton a couple of seasons ago and got in for FREE to a Carling Cup game against Tottenham. One of the best games I've seen. Tottenham won 4-2 AET. Got to see 2 hours of football live for free :D.Crikey! I went to see Bromley vs AFC Wimbledon in the pouring rain andthat was £4 for U16s. Exciting match between two very decent premiership sides at a nice stadium OR a scrappy affair in the soaking rain at a terrible ground between two Ryman League clubs...hard decision, that one. Anyway, we do free entry for U8s accompanied by an adult which isn't bad and our season ticket prices for U16s are only £70 this season which is down almost £200 from last season's ridiculous £249 we had to pay! Anyway, if I EVER happen to be up in Cumbria over a weekend and your lot are at home, I might have to pop along as a neutral and face the 'Cumbrian chill!' That occurance seems highly unlikely, though :(

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Crikey! I went to see Bromley vs AFC Wimbledon in the pouring rain andthat was £4 for U16s. Exciting match between two very decent premiership sides at a nice stadium OR a scrappy affair in the soaking rain at a terrible ground between two Ryman League clubs...hard decision, that one. Anyway, we do free entry for U8s accompanied by an adult which isn't bad and our season ticket prices for U16s are only £70 this season which is down almost £200 from last season's ridiculous £249 we had to pay! Anyway, if I EVER happen to be up in Cumbria over a weekend and your lot are at home, I might have to pop along as a neutral and face the 'Cumbrian chill!' That occurance seems highly unlikely, though :(

Very good :D. Yet another person I have converted to the Blue side :D. Lol at the Ryman League. Hmm, your decision must have been tough to drag yourself along to that.
I think our season ticket prices are reasonable. Mine was £110 this season and that's sitting bang in line with the halfway line :D. Very chuffed. £70 is extremely good for a Championship team.
I think it is a bit wierd, this season and last season has been very cold. Wind back to 20th March 2005, I was watching Carlisle v Northwich Victoria in jeans and my home shirt :o.

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Very good :D. Yet another person I have converted to the Blue side :D. Lol at the Ryman League. Hmm, your decision must have been tough to drag yourself along to that.
I think our season ticket prices are reasonable. Mine was £110 this season and that's sitting bang in line with the halfway line :D. Very chuffed. £70 is extremely good for a Championship team.
I think it is a bit wierd, this season and last season has been very cold. Wind back to 20th March 2005, I was watching Carlisle v Northwich Victoria in jeans and my home shirt :o.Hehe, that could have something to do with the altitude...what with Carlisle rising up the leagues, it's getting colder...the higher you go, the colder it gets...oh, call me a taxi! Anyway, I attend most matches from August-October in shirt and jeans but then it's time to start wearing the long-sleeves under shirt 'til about April. But what with global warming, we'll be wearing short-sleeves all year round soon! :P

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Hehe, that could have something to do with the altitude...what with Carlisle rising up the leagues, it's getting colder...the higher you go, the colder it gets...oh, call me a taxi! Anyway, I attend most matches from August-October in shirt and jeans but then it's time to start wearing the long-sleeves under shirt 'til about April. But what with global warming, we'll be wearing short-sleeves all year round soon! :P

Lol, yeah I wish. In March though, I just found that extremely wierd.

Best line from a guy sitting near me in that game (score was 0-0 at the time):

"F****** come on Carlisle, you're playing a f****** pub team!"

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Lol, yeah I wish. In March though, I just found that extremely wierd.

Best line from a guy sitting near me in that game (score was 0-0 at the time):

"F****** come on Carlisle, you're playing a f****** pub team!"Haha, I bet you got that a lot in the Conference. It's actually a half-decent league, what with the likes of Doncaster, Yeovil & Rushden rising to Division 2 (as it were) within the space of a few years...I wonder what happened to the latter (R&D), they appeared to be going places at one point.

Oh and perhaps the short sleeved shirts are a bit more or a rarity in Carlisle because of the flipping weather up there!

Related to this thread, JPT final score: Chesterfield 2-4 Crewe. 2-2 at 90 minutes and Crewe score twice in stoppage time. Gutted. Crewe into the Northern final.

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Haha, I bet you got that a lot in the Conference. It's actually a half-decent league, what with the likes of Doncaster, Yeovil & Rushden rising to Division 2 (as it were) within the space of a few years...I wonder what happened to the latter (R&D), they appeared to be going places at one point.

Oh and perhaps the short sleeved shirts are a bit more or a rarity in Carlisle because of the flipping weather up there!

I wear a short sleeved shirt all the time :D

And Rubbish & Dustbins are now lying near the bottom of the Conference, or so I think (fortunately :D). Yeah, Doncaster, Yeovil and even us have done well to get two successive promotions.

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I wear a short sleeved shirt all the time :D

And Rubbish & Dustbins are now lying near the bottom of the Conference, or so I think (fortunately :D). Yeah, Doncaster, Yeovil and even us have done well to get two successive promotions.It's just getting out of this league you lot are having problems! :P Haha the Dustbins, unlucky for them. They had a huge cash injection anyway, nice new ground, sponsorship deal with Dr. Martens and they've just gone to the dogs :lol: - Chelsea of the lower leagues (here's hoping!).

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
It's just getting out of this league you lot are having problems! :P Haha the Dustbins, unlucky for them. They had a huge cash injection anyway, nice new ground, sponsorship deal with Dr. Martens and they've just gone to the dogs :lol: - Chelsea of the lower leagues (here's hoping!).

Chelsea of the lower leagues LOL. Yeah you're true about us getting out of the league, just hope that when we do it's the correct way :P.
Going with what you said about R&D, we were the "Manchester United of the Conference" :D.

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Chelsea of the lower leagues LOL. Yeah you're true about us getting out of the league, just hope that when we do it's the correct way :P.
Going with what you said about R&D, we were the "Manchester United of the Conference" :D.Very good point, outnumbering teams at their own grounds just seems...bizzare! And your attendaces were miles above others :P You've got a great catchment area though, you're the only professional club in the whole county. I'd imagine your attendances would rise significantly if you got any closer to the top flight. You're the only deep North-Western club anyone knows about...heck you might even get fans coming down from Scotland! We've got the likes of Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs & Brentford to battle off for crowds, but they're still decent at 12,000-15,000 a week. :P

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Very good point, outnumbering teams at their own grounds just seems...bizzare! And your attendaces were miles above others :P You've got a great catchment area though, you're the only professional club in the whole county. I'd imagine your attendances would rise significantly if you got any closer to the top flight. You're the only deep North-Western club anyone knows about...heck you might even get fans coming down from Scotland! We've got the likes of Chelsea, Fulham, Spurs & Brentford to battle off for crowds, but they're still decent at 12,000-15,000 a week. :P

Half of our fans run off to Gretna when we're away :@. Which is bad in my eyes. The only thing about being the only club is, we're all on our own in a sparsely populated area :(. There's nothing (apart from Gretna) between us and Glasgow, Preston, Newcastle or Darlington. We only get people from West Cumbria etc.

We also have good away support (taking 3,000 to Rochdale once :P). We have a big London branch which helps when we have massive trips to Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford (all B's :o) etc.

gosling
10-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Half of our fans run off to Gretna when we're away :@. Which is bad in my eyes. The only thing about being the only club is, we're all on our own in a sparsely populated area :(. There's nothing (apart from Gretna) between us and Glasgow, Preston, Newcastle or Darlington. We only get people from West Cumbria etc.

We also have good away support (taking 3,000 to Rochdale once :P). We have a big London branch which helps when we have massive trips to Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford (all B's :o) etc.Haha, I forgot that most of Cumbria's the Lake District. :P I also forgot about Gretna, it's amazing to think they were playing in the English Unibond League and last season they played at Hampden Park in the Scottish cup. What does that tell you about the football North of the border? :lol: Anyway, 3,000 to Dale? Impressive.Nice to hear you've got a branch in the capital. Sunderland have also got one. Not even Colchester or Ipswich could fill the away end but thanks to their London branch, Sunderland did on a Tuesday night. I do have a bit of sympathy for Carlisle though, being practically away from everything in terms of football. It's a bit like Plymouth, but that's what makes Carlisle and Plymouth hard places to go because for a lot of teams, it's the furthest place to travel. :p Away games must be a bummer though! :eusa_sile

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Haha, I forgot that most of Cumbria's the Lake District. :P I also forgot about Gretna, it's amazing to think they were playing in the English Unibond League and last season they played at Hampden Park in the Scottish cup. What does that tell you about the football North of the border? :lol: Anyway, 3,000 to Dale? Impressive.Nice to hear you've got a branch in the capital. Sunderland have also got one. Not even Colchester or Ipswich could fill the away end but thanks to their London branch, Sunderland did on a Tuesday night. I do have a bit of sympathy for Carlisle though, being practically away from everything in terms of football. It's a bit like Plymouth, but that's what makes Carlisle and Plymouth hard places to go because for a lot of teams, it's the furthest place to travel. :p Away games must be a bummer though! :eusa_sile

Yes away games are a bummer lol, Darlington has been our closest for a while. Great result last time, took 4,000, filled one whole stand behind the goal and won 5-0 :D. Couldn't really have been much better. Only thing was: 8,000 people at that game in a 25,000 seater stadium. Darlington weren't expecting that and the kick off was delayed haf an hour :eusa_wall. Then, it took us an hour to get away from the ground because of the traffic getting out of the car park :@. When Gretna were in the Scottish 3rd they played against Queen's Park at Hampden anyway :P. But yeah, to reach a Scottish Cup final whilst in Scottish 2nd AND only get beat on penalties against Hearts is a massive achievement.
Plymouth at least have Torquay and Yeovil fairly nearby lol.

gosling
10-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes away games are a bummer lol, Darlington has been our closest for a while. Great result last time, took 4,000, filled one whole stand behind the goal and won 5-0 :D. Couldn't really have been much better. Only thing was: 8,000 people at that game in a 25,000 seater stadium. Darlington weren't expecting that and the kick off was delayed haf an hour :eusa_wall. Then, it took us an hour to get away from the ground because of the traffic getting out of the car park :@. When Gretna were in the Scottish 3rd they played against Queen's Park at Hampden anyway :P. But yeah, to reach a Scottish Cup final whilst in Scottish 2nd AND only get beat on penalties against Hearts is a massive achievement.
Plymouth at least have Torquay and Yeovil fairly nearby lol.Yeah but they haven't been able to play Torquay and Yeovil in the league for a while :P I know what you mean abotu Darlington. It's outrageous that they're playing at a 25,000 all-seater stadium and they're not even filling 1/4 of it, only when Carlisle and Hartlepool come to town, it seems! Sounds like a fantastic turnout from your lot, probably had the same amount of fans there as they did! :P Sounds like a cracking game though, great away support and a 5-0 away win to top it off!

During match pic: Packed to the brim as always! :rolleyes: (http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7784/tfmarenaxg7.png)

Grainger@CUFC
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah but they haven't been able to play Torquay and Yeovil in the league for a while :P I know what you mean abotu Darlington. It's outrageous that they're playing at a 25,000 all-seater stadium and they're not even filling 1/4 of it, only when Carlisle and Hartlepool come to town, it seems! Sounds like a fantastic turnout from your lot, probably had the same amount of fans there as they did! :P Sounds like a cracking game though, great away support and a 5-0 away win to top it off!

During match pic: Packed to the brim as always! :rolleyes: (http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7784/tfmarenaxg7.png)

Lol, the end that picture is facing was where we sat, and we packed it out. Darlington don't deserve a stadium like that when theyre languishing mid-table in League 2 with no view really that theyre going anywhere. I think it's the same with MK Dons. I mean it's a tad premature to build a 30,000 seater stadium when, again theyre only in League 2. I just see no point, and with Darlington it doesn't work.

Below, a selection of images from the game :D

gosling
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Lol, the end that picture is facing was where we sat, and we packed it out. Darlington don't deserve a stadium like that when theyre languishing mid-table in League 2 with no view really that theyre going anywhere. I think it's the same with MK Dons. I mean it's a tad premature to build a 30,000 seater stadium when, again theyre only in League 2. I just see no point, and with Darlington it doesn't work.

Below, a selection of images from the game :DHehe, great support. I know what you mean about MK Dons and Darlington. It's ridiculous! Doncaster had a 15,000 stadium opened the other week but that's understandable. 30k is just ridiculous. Apparently, Police have restricted Darlington from selling more than 10,000 tickets (as if they're ever going to), anyway due to major congestion...so a seemingly pointless decision to build a new stadium by their former chairman, who's now in jail for laundering drug money! The business side of football's become corrupt beyond belief. Poor old Darlington! :P

Jamie!
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Grainger, where abouts did you get them pics, are they off that mark-fuller.co.uk? Cause tried looking for the Darlo game pics cause theres a one with the whole stand with us lot in it but couldn't find it!

On the subject of stadiums though, me thinks they should start building big modern terraces aswell in the new grounds instead of all these concrete bowl designs, bring back the atmosphere!

And Brad, Reynolds was a 'best' friend of our infamous ex-chairman/manager Micheal Knighton, so no wonder he got into that ****! :p

gosling
10-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Grainger, where abouts did you get them pics, are they off that mark-fuller.co.uk? Cause tried looking for the Darlo game pics cause theres a one with the whole stand with us lot in it but couldn't find it!

On the subject of stadiums though, me thinks they should start building big modern terraces aswell in the new grounds instead of all these concrete bowl designs, bring back the atmosphere!

And Brad, Reynolds was a 'best' friend of our infamous ex-chairman/manager Micheal Knighton, so no wonder he got into that ****! :pHaha, that would explain EVERYTHING! Agreed about the huge terraces, they're brilliant for atmosphere. It's got so bad in this country now when you compare it to our European counterparts.

Just LOOK at the Terrace Kop at Dortmund (Westfalenstadion, Germany)

Atmosphere must be electric! (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/301030712_b22bc73d8a_o.jpg)
Another pic (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/274712902_b39ba5a3cb_o.jpg)

Jamie!
10-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow... :o

Don't know why the FA have introduced that rule of CC clubs having to have an all-seater stadium by 3 years time, don't know if they will be strict with it though. Like them pics, they should look at the likes of Germany who have huge terraces to see that they are safe.

Grainger@CUFC
11-01-2007, 05:04 PM

Yeah, theyre off mark-fuller :P. I thought I had the one of the whole stand, but obviously not :(. Talking about the pics I posted, Simon Grand off to Grimsby for the rest of the seaon :@. Bad move, I highly rate him and we shouldn't let him go. Plus, he isn't given much of a chance for us which is a shame :(.

Jamie!
11-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah, theyre off mark-fuller :P. I thought I had the one of the whole stand, but obviously not :(. Talking about the pics I posted, Simon Grand off to Grimsby for the rest of the seaon :@. Bad move, I highly rate him and we shouldn't let him go. Plus, he isn't given much of a chance for us which is a shame :(.

He will be making it a permanent move I think.. Thought he was a half decent player too who could do a job when the time comes for Kev Gray to retire :(

Grainger@CUFC
11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
He will be making it a permanent move I think.. Thought he was a half decent player too who could do a job when the time comes for Kev Gray to retire :(

That's exactly what I thought. Plus, he can take a penalty and is a half decent striker if you're lacking in that area ;). Hence, him scoring the 5th goal at Darlo :D. They should have played Grand at right back instead of Livesey :(.

sl4rt is banned
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
:'( i think gills will have to play decently and bring in quite a few players this january ...

Watford are reportedly poised to make a 1.5 million pounds bid for Gillingham star Matt Jarvis this week. Hornets boss Adrian Boothroyd is the new favourite now to sign the Gills star - who has been in the form of his career this season.

It was reported this morning by the 'Daily Mirror' that the Gills star is set for a big money deal to Watford. The 1.5 million pounds big that the 'Daily Mirror' claim Watford shall bid, meets Paul Scally's asking price of the star.

The first club to make a bid for Jarvis was Plymouth Argyle who initially had a bid of £250,000 rejected by Gillingham chairman Paul Scally but it was then reported that Plymouth improved their offer to £500,000 before the January transfer window re-opened.

However the new transfer rumours surrounding Jarvis may force Alan Pardew into making a bid for Jarvis. Charlton are just one of many other Premiership football clubs, but appeared to be the most keen club after sending scouts to watch Jarvis.

Both Watford and Charlton are involved in relegation dogfights in the Premiership, and will no doubt hope to add Jarvis to their squads to bolster their chances of staying in the big league.

Jarvis recently tried to play down transfer rumours surrounding himself. Speaking to BBC Radio Kent he said:
"I must improve and keep training hard.

"Yes, in a few year's time, I'd love to be playing at the top levels of the game, but it's all just rumours."

He continued: "It's nice to see yourself in the papers but I'm getting on with playing and enjoying my football.

"I couldn't tell you if that will be with Gillingham or not after this month, I'll just get my head down and keep playing well."

Club chairman Paul Scally seems reluctant to sell his star man however. Speaking to the Kent Messenger, Paul Scally said:

"We might have to consider an offer if it came in but we’re not hanging on selling him. It will do his career better if he stays with the club for a year or two."

Former Gillingham players Iffy Onuora and Steve Claridge both thought that it would be wise for Jarvis to keep playing regular first team football and the 'key man' for another season or two.

However with Premiership clubs such as Newcastle and Arsenal also reported to be interested in the Gillingham star, it may be hard for the Gills star to not be tempted away.

Gillingham boss Ronnie Jepson also said how he wanted to hold onto his star man, until the end of the season at least.

Matt Jarvis made his senior debut against Sunderland three years ago. During his Gillingham career Matty has found the net fifteen times, five of those coming this season.

After impressing with same occasional senior appearences and impressive reserve and youth games, Jarvis was rewarded a senior contract - which he signed at th final home game of the season in May 2004. Matty scored his first ever senior goal in the one nil victory over Wolves during the 04-05 season.

Last season Jarvis won 'Young Player of the Year' award and the 'Goal of the Season' award and has been Gillingham's star performer this season.

That is a good offer yes but what is with watford and our players theyve got marlon king, darius henderson and maybe a matty jarvis? >,<

Grainger@CUFC
11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Marlon King is out for the rest of the season and has been for a couple of months already.

Immenseman
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Forest :8

sl4rt is banned
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Marlon King is out for the rest of the season and has been for a couple of months already.

Yeh i know bit random btw:P

Grainger@CUFC
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I was replying to what you said :D

Jamie!
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
S****horpe United striker Andy Keogh, 20, has rejected the club's improved offer of a new contract.

Keogh's current deal expires in the summer but he told BBC Humberside: "It's not what I was looking for. I'll keep my options open."

That will be a big loss for Scunny if he does go.

Grainger@CUFC
12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
That will be a big loss for Scunny if he does go.

A very big loss, a player we should go for, but probably wont :rolleyes:. We'd probably get a bid rejected or he won't want to come here anyway :(.

Jamie!
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
A very big loss, a player we should go for, but probably wont :rolleyes:. We'd probably get a bid rejected or he won't want to come here anyway :(.

He is worth £750,000+ so that puts that idea straight out the window :P

Grainger@CUFC
12-01-2007, 08:49 PM
He is worth £750,000+ so that puts that idea straight out the window :P

Exactly, or we'd put an awful bid in like with Grant Holt. Yeah, we'll put a bid in lower than one thats already been rejected :@.

Jamie!
12-01-2007, 08:58 PM
The bid we made for Holt was meant to be around the &#163;250k mark, but Forest want &#163;300k.

You going down to Northampton tomorrow?

Grainger@CUFC
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
The bid we made for Holt was meant to be around the &#163;250k mark, but Forest want &#163;300k.

You going down to Northampton tomorrow?

No, I haven't been to any away games this season seeing as my Dad won't get up off his backside to go :@. I'll be listening to Lacey as always :D.

What about you?

Jamie!
12-01-2007, 09:13 PM
No, I haven't been to any away games this season seeing as my Dad won't get up of his backside to go :@. I'll be listening to Lacey as always :D.

What about you?

Nope not tomorrow, had the choice between this and the Brentford game but chose that. Should be the last game I miss this season though.

I used to go on the CUOSC buses but this season my mam and dad have turned into Carlisle fans so just went down in the car with them :D. Only missed the Brighton, Bournemouth and Brizzle City games so far, and the preseason Ibiza tour.

Grainger@CUFC
12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Nope not tomorrow, had the choice between this and the Brentford game but chose that. Should be the last game I miss this season though.

I used to go on the CUOSC buses but this season my mam and dad have turned into Carlisle fans so just went down in the car with them :D. Only missed the Brighton, Bournemouth and Brizzle City games so far, and the preseason Ibiza tour.

Cool, I would go, but as I say, my Dad won't :@. My mate went to Ibiza and said it was good, we would have gone, but only for 2 games so didn't see the point. Yeah, I suppose we have more of a chance winning at Brentford -touch wood-.

gosling
13-01-2007, 05:20 PM
HUGE game today, ended Scunny 1-1 Oldham. At 1-0 up, Scunny had a fight on their hands with only 9 men! All in all, 9 players were booked - 7 of those were Scunny's along with the 2 Scunny players being sent off. Real rough top of the table clash with the result favouring none; Oldham would've wanted to take advantage of the 9 men and Scunny would've wished to hold on and with home advantage as a boost, it was a possibility. Nott'm Forest go top...FOR NOW! The title race has just begun...

Grainger@CUFC
13-01-2007, 05:35 PM
We've been all but put out of the promotion picture after getting beat 3-2 at Northampton. Never looked in the game until about the last 10 minutes when we pulled 2 goals back after slumping to 3-0 down. Scott Mcgleish scored 2 with Andy Kirk opening the scoring for Northampton. Danny Graham and Kev Gall with the goals for Carlisle.

ScouseOrient
19-01-2007, 08:09 PM

Finally, I would hardly ever say we were "rags" just "financially troubled from time to time" :P. Well from time to time, I mean all of the late 90s/early 00s with Michael Knighton :@. He was only ever in it to try and make money, never for the benefit of the club the scheming *******. He even managed the team at one point AND apparently saw UFOs :eusa_wall. I suppose we should have seen it coming when he tried to buy Manchester United for £10 million.

I vauguely remember hearing about that, didnt know it was carlisle he went to..., Anyways obviously i hope carlisle do well, as use came up with the O's last season, I dont root for cheltehnam or Norhampton though :D.

Blackpool tomorrow >;[

Grainger@CUFC
19-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I vauguely remember hearing about that, didnt know it was carlisle he went to..., Anyways obviously i hope carlisle do well, as use came up with the O's last season, I dont root for cheltehnam or Norhampton though :D.

Blackpool tomorrow >;[

LOLOL Yeah, Carlisle for a good 9/10 years :eusa_wall. Yeah, we got beat off Northampton last weekend. We only decided to play for 10 minutes :@.

You got Blackpool at home or away?

ScouseOrient
19-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Home, im going, havnt been since the 1st :o with the FA Cup, as we went out we got a week off and an away game the week before, Im buzzing, we've offloaded a few of our crappy players i.e Paul connor, Daryll McMahon and Clayton Fortune, just disapointed with the sale of Steelo, apperently we have put in a bid for Michael Reddy, Scott Donnelly (EX QPR :D) And are interested in Grant Holt, i can see the first 2 go ahead but not the last.

Who have you got tomorrow?

Grainger@CUFC
19-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Home, im going, havnt been since the 1st :o

And are interested in Grant Holt

Who have you got tomorrow?

Me neither :(. Nearly 3 weeks without football !!!

You won't get Grant Holt because he won't go to Bristol City OR us, his hometown club, so if I'm being honest and no offence pal, but you've got no chance in getting him.

Next match is on my sig :P, Crewe at home.

gosling
24-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Neither are promotion contenders but I might be going to Brentford vs Carlisle on Saturday, dependent on who's actually up for it!

Grainger@CUFC
25-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Neither are promotion contenders but I might be going to Brentford vs Carlisle on Saturday, dependent on who's actually up for it!

:D :D :D. We'll still get beat. They stole Neil Shipperley from us :(, just because he wants to go to the south he goes to the bottom club instead of coming to us :@.

Hopefully the start of some decent away form :eusa_pray

gosling
25-01-2007, 05:41 PM
:D :D :D. We'll still get beat. They stole Neil Shipperley from us :(, just because he wants to go to the south he goes to the bottom club instead of coming to us :@.

Hopefully the start of some decent away form :eusa_prayThey really hate QPR and always sing anti-QPR songs which annoys me, but I honestly don't want to see them go down; would be quite a shame. If we go, we're going as neutrals but I've got a soft spot for Carlisle! :P

Grainger@CUFC
25-01-2007, 05:46 PM
They really hate QPR and always sing anti-QPR songs which annoys me, but I honestly don't want to see them go down; would be quite a shame. If we go, we're going as neutrals but I've got a soft spot for Carlisle! :P

:D Good man! You also have more motivation to support us with your rivalry. Look out for our number 14, Joe Garner ;). 18 year old on loan from Blackburn, looked good at home last week :D. I hope Danny Graham is back :(, and Paul Murray should be back to full fitness :D.

gosling
25-01-2007, 05:55 PM
:D Good man! You also have more motivation to support us with your rivalry. Look out for our number 14, Joe Garner ;). 18 year old on loan from Blackburn, looked good at home last week :D. I hope Danny Graham is back :(, and Paul Murray should be back to full fitness :D.I'll keep my eyes peeled :] Last time I went it was quite eventful, 2-2 against Gills with their 'keeper sent off and a midfielder in goal for about 80 minutes! Found out we were losing at half time (away to Sheff Wed) and an almighty cheer went up...they really don't like us, lol. C'mon Carlisle! :lol:

Grainger@CUFC
25-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll keep my eyes peeled :] Last time I went it was quite eventful, 2-2 against Gills with their 'keeper sent off and a midfielder in goal for about 80 minutes! Found out we were losing at half time (away to Sheff Wed) and an almighty cheer went up...they really don't like us, lol. C'mon Carlisle! :lol:

LOL, a good rivalry that we will probably never have, although we are hated by most teams because you all have to travel up here :P. Darlo are probably our main rivals, hate the guts off them. They are still like over an hour away though, not a proper close rivalry :(. You now have Jeff Smith to look at as well, as posted in my other thread ;).

gosling
25-01-2007, 06:08 PM
LOL, a good rivalry that we will probably never have, although we are hated by most teams because you all have to travel up here :P. Darlo are probably our main rivals, hate the guts off them. They are still like over an hour away though, not a proper close rivalry :(. You now have Jeff Smith to look at as well, as posted in my other thread ;).See you've signed him from Vale, it should be interesting viewing especially with Neil Shipperly starting for the Bees. Haha, Darlo are a laughing stock really with their huge, ever-empty, soulless stadium and their drug-dealing chairman in prison! :P

Grainger@CUFC
25-01-2007, 06:14 PM
See you've signed him from Vale, it should be interesting viewing especially with Neil Shipperly starting for the Bees. Haha, Darlo are a laughing stock really with their huge, ever-empty, soulless stadium and their drug-dealing chairman in prison! :P

Yeah, I don't see why we've signed yet another midfielder though :rolleyes:. We have too many already, and have Murray back to full fitness with Simon Hackney about to start trainig again, seems pointless to me :@. Yeah, a little ironic that we get someone to replace who we were meant to sign, who we will also be playing against.

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Apologies for double post here.

Brentford 0-0 Carlisle

Awful. Only word for it. Can't even go to the bottom club and get 3 points :@. I know we're bad away from home, but not even at the bottom club! Just show we really do need a proven goalscorer, NO MORE MIDFIELDERS. No support up front, 4-5-1 was never going to work. Just a bad game overall.

Out of the propmotion race altogether now :eusa_wall even if we still had a look in before, 1 point just wasn't enough.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!